British Speedway Forum

After an injury plagued 2012 season, retirements, extremely poor crowds and general stale out of date presentation, the will Nelson be back or obviously not, where do Rye House go to in 2013?

First thing to go has to be the ridiculous most stupid parade! Who’s ever heard of the track staff being presented to the crowd! Bring the riders bikes on to the centre green and introduce them there bikes, that’s worked for years and years!

Craig Saul, an excellent announcer, but it needs someone in the pits and on the centre green as well as Craig. Getting fans to text, facebook or twitter requests. Needs someone with style and prepared to have some fun with the crowd.

Get a website that is kept up to date. Live in the digital age and internet age. The World Wide Web is such a fantastic advert for the club, not a Rye House though.

Let’s have a new style 2013 programme. Since 2001, the programme has hardly changed.

Get draught beer back in the pumps what on earth are they doing selling tin beer this year!

As for the team, well where do we start. Will Chris Neath return? By all accounts he’s still far from fit, I think personally he’s ridden his last speedway race. Nothing has really been mentioned at Rye about Chris, it just looks like to me he’s been forgotten about.

Luke Bowen, well he’s likely to be out of action until the middle of next season, and quite honestly he needs a change of track, said it for years he like a lot of people are stale at Rye.

Jason Garrity, has to be included.

From what I’ve seen of Kasper Lykke, has to be considered for a team spot.

Simon Lambert, we’ll have to wait and see. Not sure he’ll be the answer should he be considered for 2013.

Charlie Gjedde, would prefer a different number one, Jason Doyle would be my choice instead of Gjedde.

Anders Mellgren could be a big 2013 for him. He has to be included.

Jason Bunyan, good reserve still, gotta feeling it may be his last year in the UK.

But of course on the riding front I assume Rye House will be in the second tier of British speedway. Will Len continue Saturday night speedway or will Friday nights become there regular race night if Arena go Saturday? I guess we’ll know soon enough!

• Like 1

After an injury plagued 2012 season, retirements, extremely poor crowds and general stale out of date presentation, the will Nelson be back or obviously not, where do Rye House go to in 2013?

First thing to go has to be the ridiculous most stupid parade! Who’s ever heard of the track staff being presented to the crowd! Bring the riders bikes on to the centre green and introduce them there bikes, that’s worked for years and years!

Craig Saul, an excellent announcer, but it needs someone in the pits and on the centre green as well as Craig. Getting fans to text, facebook or twitter requests. Needs someone with style and prepared to have some fun with the crowd.

Get a website that is kept up to date. Live in the digital age and internet age. The World Wide Web is such a fantastic advert for the club, not a Rye House though.

Let’s have a new style 2013 programme. Since 2001, the programme has hardly changed.

I'm sure these points come up every year, but has anything changed?

Granted Craig is very good with any news on the website, but this two website situation is very confusing.

Introducing the riders one by one is a novel idea, but they come out to complete silence. Not tbe greatest fan of air horns, but they at least add some atmosphere. Hardly heard at Rye House anymore.

I still prefer the bikes wheeled out, the riders introduced, then a couple of minutes of them practicing starts etc, like the old days.

• Like 2

Granted Craig is very good with any news on the website, but this two website situation is very confusing.

Introducing the riders one by one is a novel idea, but they come out to complete silence. Not tbe greatest fan of air horns, but they at least add some atmosphere. Hardly heard at Rye House anymore.

I still prefer the bikes wheeled out, the riders introduced, then a couple of minutes of them practicing starts etc, like the old days.

We talk nothing happens, some continue to go some don't hence we look like we are going down the tubes.

What would i like to see well

Out and out No1

Retention of Mellgren, Lykke and Garrity

Many have been consistant in their wish for a team without Chris and Luke so this time round it will almost certainly have it but lets go the whole hog and bring in some riders with an away track bias

Get the riders out on parade on bikes preferably in pairs

Do the toss and a quick interview with the captains (craig not len)

Get someone to do the announcing of the results and let Craig do what he does best ..rider interviews

Out the programme. I'd rather pay two quid less and get a free racecard...it's full of rubbish anyway

Run every saturday for continuity

Later start for BH meetings as afternoons rarely work

Re invent the supporters club

Run slicker quicker meetings and put a stop to 15 heats taking 2 1/2 hours where there are no incidents

Dump the Raiders unless we intend to be competative

That's the best available?

What do you think of the Ipswich presentation, Shadders? Despite the absence of air horns along with the general apathy of the supporters, I think it is pretty good. I haven't visited as many track as you (by a long way) but mic-man Kevin Long is one of the best I have come across.

What do you think of the Ipswich presentation, Shadders? Despite the absence of air horns along with the general apathy of the supporters, I think it is pretty good. I haven't visited as many track as you (by a long way) but mic-man Kevin Long is one of the best I have come across.

Yeah, he's good. Doesn't help the atmosphere with Foxhall being such a vast bowl.

Although I've slated him many times in the past Mike Bennett is very slick and professional.

Can't say I've been struck by anyone else I've come across. I've rarely visited Elite League tracks, so can't comment on those.

Yeah, he's good. Doesn't help the atmosphere with Foxhall being such a vast bowl.

Although I've slated him many times in the past Mike Bennett is very slick and professional.

Can't say I've been struck by anyone else I've come across. I've rarely visited Elite League tracks, so can't comment on those.

Shadders, come along to Monmore Wood, tell us what you think about Centre green presenter "Porky" creates a great atmospere, on the couple of occasions he has been missing, things were really flat.

Shadders, come along to Monmore Wood, tell us what you think about Centre green presenter "Porky" creates a great atmospere, on the couple of occasions he has been missing, things were really flat.

One of the few tracks I've yet to visit, along with Belle Vue, Coventry and Plymouth Couldn't be as flat as the atmosphere at Rye House. When did you last hear the riders introduced to a ripple of applause?

He's a bit like marmite though, people love him or hate him. I find him irritating beyond belief, worst of all he commentates over the last lap (forgetting that we've all got eyes and a brain - one up on him).

• Like 1

He's a bit like marmite though, people love him or hate him. I find him irritating beyond belief, worst of all he commentates over the last lap (forgetting that we've all got eyes and a brain - one up on him).

I'm the same but at least he provided one of the funniest things I have ever seen at Speedway meeting, he tripped over the tapes last year and fell flat on his face. Chris Durno lifted the tapes just as he was about the leap over them, the whole stadium erupted with laughter!! :rofl:

I'm the same but at least he provided one of the funniest things I have ever seen at Speedway meeting, he tripped over the tapes last year and fell flat on his face. Chris Durno lifted the tapes just as he was about the leap over them, the whole stadium erupted with laughter!! :rofl:

I'd pay good money for that dvd!

One of the few tracks I've yet to visit, along with Belle Vue, Coventry and Plymouth Couldn't be as flat as the atmosphere at Rye House. When did you last hear the riders introduced to a ripple of applause?

you have never been to Coventry ? you have been a speedway fan for years what about all the british finals GP's world championship rounds and testimonials over those years , Plymouth is no surprise as its a long way from anywhere and on a friday , and wolves being on monday and elite league but I would have though something would have brought you to the home of british speedway before now

Gjedde

Mellgren

Nelson

Grajczonek

Lykke Nielsen

Auty

Morley

Would that come under 42.5? Be a hell of a side if so and would imagine it fits assuming Nielsen gets a proper figure

Gjedde

Mellgren

Nelson

Grajczonek

Lykke Nielsen

Auty

Morley

Would that come under 42.5? Be a hell of a side if so and would imagine it fits assuming Nielsen gets a proper figure

Looks well over at first glance.

Looks well over at first glance.

Only by about 4-5 points but.

you have never been to Coventry ? you have been a speedway fan for years what about all the british finals GP's world championship rounds and testimonials over those years , Plymouth is no surprise as its a long way from anywhere and on a friday , and wolves being on monday and elite league but I would have though something would have brought you to the home of british speedway before now

I've only ever seen 2 or 3 top division league meetings in 27 years watching speedway.

It's only recently that I've started to watch anything but Rye House meetings, thanks to B4E's influence. In the mid to late 80's I took in some Wimbledon, Hackney and Arena Essex home meetings that didn't involve Rye House, but I was single then with more disposable income.

I'm sure I'll knock off those last few tracks over the next couple of years.