British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Edinburgh V Scunthorpe & Redcar - Friday, August 31st

No thread for this one yet - have all the Monarchs fans hibernated for the winter already? ;)

Interesting to see if Edinburgh can maintian their 100% home record - not only winning each match, but not dropping a point.

Scunny team:

1. Kevin Wolbert (guest for David Howe)

2. Nick Morris R/R (it's the World Under-21 Team Cup this weekend in Poland - Nick will be back for Scunny on Sunday)

3. Thomas Jorgensen

4. Ashley Birks

5. Josh Auty

6. Michael Palm Toft

7. Gary Irving

All the best

Rob

Think you missed the bit about Redcar!!!!!

As far as I believe for that one, Kevin Doolan is missing so it'll be R/R for him, and I think also Max Dilger is missing though not sure why...

For Edinburgh, James Grieves and Filip Sitera are the two guests...

Redcar although are the only team to take anything away from the Dale this year, don't really worry me tomorrow, but Scunthorpe certainly seem to have the firepower to take at least a point away from Armadale...

Included them in the thread title but didn't know who was in their team, so I couldn't post much about them.

So that's one Monarchs fan not yet in hibernation (Nutz) - where have all the rest gone? :blink::wink:

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

most monarchs fans left here down to about 4 or 5 at best.

before the 2 home injuries both redcar n scunny would have been easy home wins, now scunny in particular looks very iffy, but without morris it will take the tail to score well for scunny so there is hope.

Edited by Dekker

As far as I believe for that one, Kevin Doolan is missing so it'll be R/R for him, and I think also Max Dilger is missing though not sure why...

Redcar although are the only team to take anything away from the Dale this year, don't really worry me tomorrow, but Scunthorpe certainly seem to have the firepower to take at least a point away from Armadale...

Iagree Redcar should be the easier[Mudgway at reserve useless whenhe rode for us there] mind you Sitera was not much better,,,interesting to see how Wolbert goes[shame Cookies out]will you be using the same guests on Saturday?

Have no idea about the Berwick meeting to be honest... It might be a case of wait and see who comes through tonight, unscathed...

would maybe hope that it may be a quick return for Kevin Wölbert into Edinburgh colours on Saturday, as Kings Lynn don't have a meeting... Don't hold much hope though after Berwick's fine win at Sheffield last night!!!!

The Scunthorpe match poses a huge threat and it really needs the reserves to outscore the Scorpions reserves (though Irving knows his way round Armadale, and Palm-Toft is having a good season) to give us a chance... The top 5 seem reasonably matched though Edinburgh have had a period of inactivity and the momentum we'd built up with points at Leicester, Somerset and Sheffield plus the thumpings of Newcastle and Somerset at Armadale has been lost... Could go either way...

Dekker's right... Very few Monarchs post on here now, and to be honest, I don't post too often... Just to try and keep the "track records" thread up to date...

Posted on Chatzone that Andrew Tully's bikes have been stolen !

Yeah saw that on Twitter also saw that Kevin Doolan, Craig Cook and Adam Roynon have all offered him equipment to use.

Speedway Family rallies round again

• Like 6

Add Rene Bach to those offering assistance - pleasure to follow a sport with such a commendable ethos amongst rivals.

• Like 3

Yeah saw that on Twitter also saw that Kevin Doolan, Craig Cook and Adam Roynon have all offered him equipment to use.

Speedway Family rallies round again

Add Rene Bach to those offering assistance - pleasure to follow a sport with such a commendable ethos amongst rivals.

That's astonishing gestures , and why this sport is still so fantastic to be a part off .

Have no idea about the Berwick meeting to be honest... It might be a case of wait and see who comes through tonight, unscathed...

would maybe hope that it may be a quick return for Kevin Wölbert into Edinburgh colours on Saturday, as Kings Lynn don't have a meeting... Don't hold much hope though after Berwick's fine win at Sheffield last night!!!!

The Scunthorpe match poses a huge threat and it really needs the reserves to outscore the Scorpions reserves (though Irving knows his way round Armadale, and Palm-Toft is having a good season) to give us a chance... The top 5 seem reasonably matched though Edinburgh have had a period of inactivity and the momentum we'd built up with points at Leicester, Somerset and Sheffield plus the thumpings of Newcastle and Somerset at Armadale has been lost... Could go either way...

Dekker's right... Very few Monarchs post on here now, and to be honest, I don't post too often... Just to try and keep the "track records" thread up to date...

It's a shame so few Monarchs post on here , some have their reasons after feeling agrieved at some of the posts against Edinburgh . That's a shame , i especially miss King Jamie's amusing meeting previews .

I wish they would come back , and although we never always saw eye to eye ..............not suprisingly , i miss the often intelligent and informed input they had to the forum . Which is a poorer place without them ...........................................................well ok maybe not without Snyper :P

• Like 1

It's a shame so few Monarchs post on here , some have their reasons after feeling agrieved at some of the posts against Edinburgh . That's a shame , i especially miss King Jamie's amusing meeting previews .

I wish they would come back , and although we never always saw eye to eye ..............not suprisingly , i miss the often intelligent and informed input they had to the forum . Which is a poorer place without them ...........................................................well ok maybe not without Snyper :P

KJ's posts were one of the best things about the site when I discovered it after returning to speedway after a twenty year break.

Come back Monarchs fans, the BSF could do with your wit and wisdom (yes, even Snyper's).

I can never understand why anyone would want to steal a speedway bike, unless of course they just cease the opportunity not knowing what it is they're knicking?

they think all racing gear will make loads

Edited by Dekker

Edinburgh, known for being a "trick track", sharp bends & riders need to ride it often to get to grips.

Monarchs are weakened & are there for the taking but on paper, you still have to do it on track. It has been raining so makes it greasy & hard to get to grips with, i hear people say. It's been like it ALL YEAR so no excuses with set-ups though rider rustiness might come into it. The Monarchs should have had their bikes tuned up/serviced since their last display.

We have got our noses infront & just started to pull away within t/r territory so things could change, but KEEP IT GOING THE SCORPS, if you can hear me.