British Speedway Forum
BILKO

British Under 19 Final @ Sheffield 13/9/12

Looking good. High white cloud with plenty of sun. No rain on the radar for at least the next 3 hours ( unless you are in the north of Scotland) No rain expected. Will try and give an update at about 4 PM

How is the weather looking for tonights meeting?

Overcast in Sheffield.

Not to sure what the weather is like in Scunthorpe.

Just on my way home. I can see the track from where I work and we have had a few spots of rain in the last hour but not enough to even wet the ground. There are afew light showers to the north of Sheffield but nothing to worry about. The forcast for tonight is clear

Congratulations Stefan Nielsen Under 19 Champ 2012. Yep Mildenhall winning everything right now. :wink: lets hope its not a season of perenial bridesmaids.

Edited by greyhoundp

..and bad luck to Tom Perry

I reckon he did pretty good for a Pom!

Well done to all concerned, and commiserations to Ash - almost!

This was a good meeting, well worth the trip across, it was disappointing to see that the general speedway public didn't turn out in decent numbers to support British youngsters. When I read all the moaning on here about lack of support for British talent it begs the question why? When Promoters are prepared to put Championships on why don't people turn up to see them, it was only a tenner to get in.

• Like 7

This was a good meeting, well worth the trip across, it was disappointing to see that the general speedway public didn't turn out in decent numbers to support British youngsters. When I read all the moaning on here about lack of support for British talent it begs the question why? When Promoters are prepared to put Championships on why don't people turn up to see them, it was only a tenner to get in.

Yeah it def would have been worth the trip regardless of the result. For me it was about travelling on a week day. I would really have liked to support my fen tiger riders in person.

Will have to wait for the NLRC which is on a Sat :)

• Like 1

Super meeting on a well-prepared track. Never been before and have to say that's a very nice set-up you've got at Sheffield. :t:

The Morris/Sarjeant race was worth the tenner on it's own. Lots of races became well-spread but there was plenty to enjoy with a number of riders pulling off good moves at times, with some brave souls getting out in the dirt.

Congratulations to Stef, Ash and Joe, but what could have been for Tom. He was absolutely superb in the qualifying heats. Only Ash got anywhere near him and he was leading his 5th ride by a country mile after one of those brave rides out in the dirt I mentioned. He went so deep on turn two to get around and then just left everybody standing. He then made an awful start when it mattered most. After his performance in the U21's earlier in the year he could so very easily be boasting two national titles this year but walks away with nothing. Still, the big picture is his overall improvement from about a 5½ point man to near 10 point man this season.

The top three were very good value with Ash clearly the second best rider, to Tom, throughout the qualifying heats. So, I'm almost as disappointed for him as I am for Tom. Those pesky Mildenhall boys keep getting in the way of a good night out!! :P Again, congrats to them. Both were worthy of their place in the final, with Sarj a little unfortunate to be the one to miss out as I feel he rode equally well. Dan rode well too and on another night could have got himself in the semi-final with his 10 points. Oops - I'll leave it in. Feel free to take the wee wee. :lol: Ben and Darryl didn't disappoint with both having a very solid night. One poor ride by Darryl could have spoilt his night a but but good to see him round the night off with a confident looking heat win. Tom S looked like he could be something of a surprise packet with two very impressive opening rides but he tailed off very badly. Still, a creditable scored overall though. All the others gave it their all but generally seemed to find the pace a little too hot and struggled to get points other than off each other. Fully commitment from every rider is all you can ask for and we certainly got that.

Finally, best wishes to Conor. We were told he suffered an arm injury but not the extent of the injury. Given the time taken I fear it could have been a nasty one. Hope not though. Does anyone have any information on the injury?

• Like 1

Had txt off his dad that unfortunately he has a shattered upper right arm ending his season ---and he misses out on the MDLRC and the MDL play-offs for MK Knights plus the few Mercia-Vikings matches he was going to do.

Edited by Main Man