British Speedway Forum
Friddy75

Sheffield 2013

Where does it say in my post that Palm Toft is a product of the National League

Aren't Gary Irving/ Ashley Birks National League riders ,Josh Auty a former Conference League rider

the Worrall brothers produced by Scunny, Stefan Nielsen probably next, now let's see who the Sheffield Poachers

have introduced , hmm yep nobody.

Typical Scunny response massive chip on their shoulders at least you won't go hungry.

Point is how many of those riders have actually done full seasons for the club straight from the National League

I keep hearing Scunny fans talking about backing British riders yet they started the season with 2 Danes, 1 Aussie and 1 Finn

Rob Godfrey has done magnificent job at Scunthorpe no denying that, but he does own the stadium there and that is where Scunny have a distinct advantage over us at Sheffield we don't and cannot offer the opportunities to young riders to practice like they do at Scunny.

But I am sure that Scunny fans obsession with Sheffield will continue. ,

• Like 1

But I am sure that Scunny fans obsession with Sheffield will continue.

I dont think its an obsession S.K,now, id call it a right laugh!! :wink:

how is Skiddy becoming stale when he puts his average up every season?

In a weakened team. He wouldn't have upped it if the team had been as strong as last season.

No mention of Steady ?

He'd be the first name on my team sheet.

Would have been mine too, but rumour has it he's off elsewhere.

Stead would be a dream signing for Sheffield. Doubt he'd drop down, but he'd certainly get a fair coming back to Owlerton.

I am not so sure. Rumour was he was ready to sign this season until he was ridiculously ruled out by the BSPA.

A doubling up role would be pretty lucrative (they said at Swindon that he works in his father's car show room to make ends meet) and no doubt restore some of his lost confidence.

He's apparently a cracking lad, lives locally and would come in on a bargain average. I really hope Squall's got it wrong.

In a weakened team. He wouldn't have upped it if the team had been as strong as last season.

Would have been mine too, but rumour has it he's off elsewhere.

In light of recent news that rumour could br not true.

Does anyone know what sort of average Simon Stead would come down to the league on?

I see a lot have selected him as a choice to lead the Tigers next season but I just don't see why, he's dropped to reserve at Swindon this year and still isn't scoring to well. He's been getting beaten by doubling up riders with averages a lot lower than his. Doyle and Morris are in the main body and score better, won't their averages be about the same?

Although I called for Lambert to replace Schramm when he was struggling and I didn't understand why he wasn't in the team this season after being one of our most consistent in 2011, he isn't someone I'd consider. Hasn't scored well in the main body at two clubs this year, doesn't look like he is going to get any better than a reserve at prem level. Surely better to give a young 3 point local lad like Sarjeant a chance, he could be a trump card!

As for Chris Schramm, I agree he puts in so much effort and I enjoy watching the lad ride. And I don't know many more that have had as much bad luck as him but.....every rider that lines up at the tapes tries. But at the end of next season when we've been saying 'Schrammy tries hard but scores naff all every week' arn't we going to regret picking a team with the heart and not the brain??

As for picking Scunthorpe assets, we'll be doing you a favour. Unless your having a 15 man team next year or wanting several riders to take a year out your gonna have to loan out some riders, we're just here to help hahaha!

Probably no chance but thought I'd get involved

Simon Stead

Lasse Bjerre

Ricky Wells

Michael Palm Toft

Chris Schramm

Joe Haines

Stefan Nielsen/James Sarjeant (can't choose - I rate Nielsen but I would love to see Sarjeant in Tigers colours too)

Our asset base isn't the healthiest these days, the fact the above is made up of loan riders isn't ideal. One rider I would love at Sheffield is David Bellego but really can't see it happening, think he's incredibly entertaining and potentially a very good rider.

Not sure if I'm letting my heart rule my head where Schrammy is concerned, would love him back but we need to know he will have machinery that is up to the job, hopefully coming in for a full season would encourage more backing for him. Haines simply has to be first name on the team sheet, luckily the promotion have already said that's what will happen as long as Joe wants to come back, which I hear he does. Wells has had an up and down year and maybe hasn't done as well as we hoped but got to grips with Owlerton as the season went on, had some good away scores too so there is more to come from him on an average below 7.

Can't see Pepe back, his longtrack commitments etc have been more of a problem than we thought IMO. Hall's not going to improve much, and although he is a favourite of mine Sanchez won't either. Skiddy's a tough one - he's ours, he's been with us for all his British career and he has steadily improved each season, but I think he may move on next year and it might not be a bad thing for him. It hasn't been the most enjoyable season (suppose it could always be worse), definitely going to be an interesting winter.

Ricky Ashworth, Rory Schlein, James Birkenshaw, Lee Complin, Richard Hall, Andrew Moore, Paul Cooper, Ben Wilson, Richie Hawkins, Adam Allott,

I would say that they have produced a few riders in previous seasons...

Richard Hall started with Newcastle not Sheffield.

And hated the place and couldn't wait to join a superior team :P

• Like 4

And hated the place and couldn't wait to join a superior team :P

Peterborough?!

• Like 1

Apologies. Tbh, I was just naming people who have ridden for the Sheffield Prowlers.

• Like 1

Stead wont join Sheff - defo

MPT either

If you dont ant Skideers Scunny may fit him in -

• Like 1

I would think if Stead chooses to double up next year Sheffield will be one of his top choices what with him being a local lad. And the amount of times he's been in or around the pits this season.

Although I personally would like to see nine and a half points used on someone else as I don't think he will be as strong a number one as several are hoping.

We may not get Palm Toft, and I'd like to keep Skiddy at Sheffield. But I doubt Skiddy will be very high on Scunnys list as they are already going to struggle to fit Auty, Howe, Jorgensen, Arnio, Palm Toft, Birks, Irving, Neilsen and the Two Worralls into a team of 7. Also, when I visited earlier this season Rob G mentioned the prospect of an exciting capture for the club the following season if it was to happen. I also fancy Masters might be keen as Scunny did there best to sign him when he was dropped. So as I've mentioned before we here to help if you need to loan a few out!