British Speedway Forum
Brooksy

Somerset V Newcastle Lc Semi. Weds Sept 19.

Does anyone still care about this early season competition? Certainly it appears the Newcastle fans are far more concerned with Friday's trip to Plymouth and the possibility of topping the final PL table - no silverware for that though!

Provided both teams are focussed on this and not looking ahead to the Play-Offs, it has the makings of a good close match. The PL match was a topsy turvy affair with the Rebels coming back from 11 points down to win by 3. This time Rebels should be at full strength, but Diamonds will have a trump card with Nedermark at reserve, who has shown a real liking for the OTA in the past.

The Rebels have been very impressive at home recently and hopefully their all-round strength will see them prevail by 10 or more to give them a realistic chance in the return leg.

Edited by Barney Rebel

I think Garry May and Steve Bishop will need to encourage the team alot, and 3 points is a must from this fixture... oh no, hang on, wait...

• Like 2

I think Garry May and Steve Bishop will need to encourage the team alot, and 3 points is a must from this fixture... oh no, hang on, wait...

But you must remember if Somerset get a chance to stick 60 past Newcastle then they can't refuse that, Bish must say take it boys.

Just the win would do fine for the rebels on Wednesday!!

Just the win would do fine for the rebels on Wednesday!!

But we need to get at least 60 points in case we fall flat at newcastle :rofl:

Have to win big.. Never do good at Newcastle the tracks a tip.

Have to win big.. Never do good at Newcastle the tracks a tip.

A fantastic personal insight from someone that has almost certainly never visited the place..... :blink:

• Like 1

Ive got broad shoulders, i can take the mocking. :D Just my opinion. IF, its a Somerset Newcastle PL final, providing none of the Somerset boys picks up and injury, i say you, Somerset will beat them over the two legs.

A fantastic personal insight from someone that has almost certainly never visited the place..... :blink:

I went to there.. Hmm.. A couple of season back.. Was a tip then and what I heard its not much better now

Edited by PremierRebel

I went to there.. Hmm.. A couple of season back.. Was a tip then and what I heard its not much better now

I think you will find that it is much better now

I think you will find that it is much better now

I heard its great if you get 2&4 if not you're stuffed...

your nose is growing :)

Ask Kyle on Wednesday...then come back to us :)

Edited by Arson fire

I've been there this season and last season and in my opinion its a cracking track to visit. Nice stand, great fans, tea and biscuits to die for and a nice club for afters. The racing has always been good when I've been there so I think youv'e been misinformed (I'll collect my fee on Wednesday,Tsunami, cash no cheques :lol: ).

• Like 1

Granted I been to worse but when I went you could count the overtakes on one hand.. and half of them were from Robbo..