British Speedway Forum
scaramanga

Newcastle V Workington Sunday 14th

not one to kick off and bad mouth riders, but if kyle howarth rides for poole in the finals and scores well. he will have done an injustice to himself and workington fans .maybe the elite is weaker than the premier league. i am not sure.

was he keeping his best bike for the elite play offs. how can one rider go from scoring 18 points one week , to scoring 2/3 points for

his premier club the rest of the weeks.

i , like most of my posse think he is riding a bike that has been thrown together and is keeping his no 1 bike for lthe elite playiffs. i am sure worky are in the play offs , just.

i await to be proven wrong. that he is having a poor tail end to his season

Edited by jenga

Strange meeting with Workington providing 8 heat winners to the Diamonds 7 but losing by 18 points.

Obviously the last minute loss of Rene had a huge impact and although Rene has not scored well at Brough this year it forced Worky into using Adam McKinna which made them very weak in the middle order. That said they could still have kep this close enough if either reserve had been at the races. Howarth in particular had an awful match on a track where he scored so well earlier in the season. He looked completely off the pace tonight leaving Worky effectively a two man team until Aarnio started gating.

Those two riders though might just have done enough the keep Worky in it. Howarth will presumably be a different rider on his home track and if Rene is fit the Diamonds still have some work to do as I'm not convinced we'll take many points from Lawson, Bach & Roynon in the return leg. Roynon was superb tonight and great to see after all the injuries.

Assume the Diamonds will be keen to use Palm-Toft in the return leg. He was superb tonight, although a bit of luck in heat 8 when he should have been excluded helped. George seems to have a canny habit of picking the perfect guest. That's Doolan, Wethers, Newman, King, Aspegren, Wilkinson & now Toft who have had average to poor matches here for their teams this year and yet performed brilliantly as a guest. I don't know how he does it.

Edited by NJC71

not one to kick off and bad mouth riders, but if kyle howarth rides for poole in the finals and scores well. he will have done an injustice to himself and workington fans .maybe the elite is weaker than the premier league. i am not sure.

was he keeping his best bike for the elite play offs. how can one rider go from scoring 18 points one week , to scoring 2/3 points for

i , like most of my posse think he is riding a bike that has been thrown together and is keeping his no 1 bike for lthe elite playiffs. i am sure worky are in the play offs , just.

i was actually thinking something similar jenga howarths riding last night just didnt seam right somehow cant put my finger on it but something wasnt quite right going in fast and running out wide and loosing ground when he clearly looked faster

Howarth in particular had an awful match on a track where he scored so well earlier in the season.

He also had his massive crash at the same track which could of affected his performance Edited by KEITH M

Some of the comments, i despair at times :o:O but on a brighter note we Still we have a chance of pulling this back in the return leg. hope rich is ok after his fall.

Nice to see some familar faces at BP too

Hopefully no comments about the track from Worky this time. Flat as a witches twit, with no dirt/grip whatsoever. Made for gating tarts. Times were 3 to 4 seconds slower than normal and this is with the cold air increasing the horsepower of the engines.

The only grip was on the centre green, as used by Adam Roynon to pass Lindgren.

Although the score of MPT looks like a 'get of jail' card for Newcastle (and many thanks for his efforts), in reality it is probably only what Richie Worrall would have scored himself.

If our top 5 ride like that at DP we will lose on aggregate.

i talk some sh!te like :)

Don't we all Arson!

What is good is that speedway is not completely predictable

• Like 1

great result helped by renes injury, if it wasnt for palm toft ncstle would be in trouble over the 2 legs, i thought ned, henry and ludvig rode ok but the latter two didnt gate so made it hard for themselves from the back, still worried about lemo and robo who only managed one race win each and when behind never got near the race winner in most races, this has been the story all season and as some said in previous topics i would think hard before offering them a contract for next year, as they arent the riders they were whether it be due to injuries or mechanical problems or just age catching up on them who knows.

Edited by pablo133

not really, he's been garbage twice this season scoring 3 & 4.....hopefully he will get more from reserve...

You certainly do talk some sh!te :lol:

You certainly do talk some sh!te :lol:

well a little bit....he was garbage for Scunny....and I did say I hope he scores better from reserve lol :) hands up, sorry MPT. :)
  • Like 2

Talking Shi-ite is normal on this forum. We should appoint someone with nowt better to do to create a league table of shi-ite. The top six in the table to go into a play off situation to find the champion bull sh!tter.

Oh no what have I done! I may get nominated for the champion

Edited by dantodan
  • Like 1

Kyle is 18 years old for christ sake , he suffered an awful crash there last time around and after taking a tumble in his first ride seemed wary of the track he is human after all !!!!. After losing Rene and then Rich with his shoulder I think we did really well to keep the gap to 18 , which is do-able on our own track if Lemon and co ride like they did last night. Feel pretty down about yesterday myself but slagging our own riders off beggars belief :mad:

• Like 1

Hey Workington are a great side. Young Kyle should not be singled out. All riders have bad meetings.

Newcastle have an uphill struggle in the 2nd leg. Each and everyone of the diamonds need to up their game. Workington aggregate win would take my cash if I was a gambler but no, I am a dreamer. On 20th newcastle to win 50-40 ha ha :drink: yeah alright the diamonds season looks over, but go on Mark and Stu prove me wrong have your best away match against the comets.

• Like 2

Hey Workington are a great side. Young Kyle should not be singled out. All riders have bad meetings.

Newcastle have an uphill struggle in the 2nd leg. Each and everyone of the diamonds need to up their game. Workington aggregate win would take my cash if I was a gambler but no, I am a dreamer. On 20th newcastle to win 50-40 ha ha :drink: yeah alright the diamonds season looks over, but go on Mark and Stu prove me wrong have your best away match against the comets.

Good grief that's a bit negative! We are 18 points ahead and riding against a Workington side already using r/r who now have Bach and Lawson at best carrying injuries and possibly missing altogther. Ok, they'll use guests but that is never ideal.

Workington is a track most of our riders normally ride well. Let's not forget we only lost by a couple there in the PL match despite finishing the meeting with 4 riders.

It's certainly not over but this is surely ours to lose. Even without Richie & Steve we have been pretty competitive on the road and I would be very disappointed if we go out.

Hi NJC71

There are 5 days of healing, to go to the 2nd leg. I think Richard Lawson will be ok and maybe Rene too.

True we ran them close at DP, a few months back. But past efforts count for nothing. All of our riders are struggling for points at the moment, and we have no pair of riders that can compete in heats 13 and 15. I really hope that a couple of the Diamonds can compete at DP with Roynon, Lawson, Bach Arnio and co. but I doubt it

If the Comets close down as per the rumours. I think we should open our money boxes and sign as many of their riders as we can afford. Bringing back Rene for 2013 would be a major coup for George/Darryl

Edited by dantodan