British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Pct And Averages

Does this competition count towards the rolling averages?

Anyone know the official line?

Does this competition count towards the rolling averages?

Anyone know the official line?

Of course it doesn't. None of the play-offs do.

Edited by crescent girl

Of course it doesn't. None of the play-offs do.

Thats what I was saying to a mate last week who was convinced they did.

However there is no more reason for them not to count than the north/south split League Cup fixtures from the start of the season that do so my mates view is not completely stupid albeit wrong!

Thats what I was saying to a mate last week who was convinced they did.

However there is no more reason for them not to count than the north/south split League Cup fixtures from the start of the season that do so my mates view is not completely stupid albeit wrong!

Yes there is. All teams were involved in that tournament, whereas Plymouth are not in the play-offs/PCT, so not all teams are involved.

• Like 1

Yes there is. All teams were involved in that tournament, whereas Plymouth are not in the play-offs/PCT, so not all teams are involved.

But it was split in two so each team didnt ride each other.

And my the team Ipswich will ride only 1 less team in the KOC than the League Cup but those dont count towards the averages.

I believe all teams took part in the KOC so the Plymouth reason doesnt fit there.

And my the team Ipswich will ride only 1 less team in the KOC than the League Cup but those dont count towards the averages.

I believe all teams took part in the KOC so the Plymouth reason doesnt fit there.

I agree every meaningful match should count,after all some riders miss matches throughout the season with injury so it doesn't matter what the Team results are it is the riders Individual number of matches that matter not the Team. Edited by Fromafar

You're original argument didn't include the KOC. You stated "Thats what I was saying to a mate last week who was convinced they did.

However there is no more reason for them not to count than the north/south split League Cup fixtures from the start of the season that do so my mates view is not completely stupid albeit wrong!"

The KOC isn't included because teams ride an un-equal number of matches, this 'back in the day' when the Premier Trophy had an equal balance of teams in each group, so all teams (use to) ride the same number of matches in the PT.

You're original argument didn't include the KOC. You stated "Thats what I was saying to a mate last week who was convinced they did.

However there is no more reason for them not to count than the north/south split League Cup fixtures from the start of the season that do so my mates view is not completely stupid albeit wrong!"

The KOC isn't included because teams ride an un-equal number of matches, this 'back in the day' when the Premier Trophy had an equal balance of teams in each group, so all teams (use to) ride the same number of matches in the PT.

What does it really matter regarding Team matches when rolling averages are over last 38? matches .Just asking! out for injury missing matches don't count either.

What does it really matter regarding Team matches when rolling averages are over last 38? matches .Just asking! out for injury missing matches don't count either.

Can't argue with that.

Now we have rolling averages, perhaps all matches should be included.

Can't argue with that.

Now we have rolling averages, perhaps all matches should be included.

My view is that it should be all matches or if you start to exclude competitions that dont include all teams/even splits then it should be league matches only.

Using League matches only would also stop manipulation of any early season competition(whatever the name or format) in preparation for the league campaign.

But it's obvious that the Playoffs are a higher standard than the PCT, and the latter stages of the KO Cup are a higher standard than the first round. That's why they are not included, they would have a potentially depressing effect on the averages of the riders competing.

A north / south split as in the LC is different, in theory the standards should be roughly equal.

i dont see why the averages shouldnt be taken from every team fixture as all are competative fixtures

individual , pairs ,fours and testamonial and also when riding for your country are different but all other team fixtures should count regardless off what competion with the exception of any fixtures where you ride against a team from a different league

But it's obvious that the Playoffs are a higher standard than the PCT, and the latter stages of the KO Cup are a higher standard than the first round. That's why they are not included, they would have a potentially depressing effect on the averages of the riders competing.

A north / south split as in the LC is different, in theory the standards should be roughly equal.

In theory yes all are equal.

In theory all matches would finish in a draw.

In which case why exclude certain matches as averages are a theory as to how good a rider is.