British Speedway Forum
Henllys

Electric Speedway

Having read that Formula1 teams are in talks about joining an electric racing series to be launched next year.

With a F1 budget of £115 million a year to run a team,the new Formula E will need a budget of about £3 million.

With Egon Muller testing electric speedway motors is this something that can be looked at in the future for speedway say for the winter. In door arena with a karting track in the middle could be a start for training youngsters low cost perhaps a league and NO RAIN OFFS.

Thoughts

Having read that Formula1 teams are in talks about joining an electric racing series to be launched next year.

With a F1 budget of £115 million a year to run a team,the new Formula E will need a budget of about £3 million.

With Egon Muller testing electric speedway motors is this something that can be looked at in the future for speedway say for the winter. In door arena with a karting track in the middle could be a start for training youngsters low cost perhaps a league and NO RAIN OFFS.

Thoughts

Ow gawd, don't give the Boffins any more amunition.

No lets watch speedway dissapear while the money slowly runs out. Any idea to make speedway affordable should be looked at, even if we have to loose the noise and Castrol R smell.

• Like 1

No lets watch speedway dissapear while the money slowly runs out. Any idea to make speedway affordable should be looked at, even if we have to loose the noise and Castrol R smell.

Then your very easily pleased. Speedway should be Speedway, no subtitutes should be allowed.

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 3

First for youngsters and at winter a little bit in the summer and slowly it will take over the whole speedway sport, replacing conventional engines.

I would probably rather have electric Speedway in accessible places where locals can reach on foot or by public transport, than the current trend of opening tracks in the middle of nowhere.

It's certainly worth experimenting with, even if it comes to nothing.

Ang on, Brakes and Headlights as well. Don't forget the indicators when riders turn left!!! :o

No no no no no no no no no no no no no nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo and no ,speedway is noise , oil ,dirt and dangerous anything other than that is just crap

• Like 6

No no no no no no no no no no no no no nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo and no ,speedway is noise , oil ,dirt and dangerous anything other than that is just crap

The voice of reason... :t:

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 3

I agree, but with the wrong side of 60 million people in the UK who have yet to be convinced noise is important to our sport. It is something worth exploring.

Might be the way to make Speedway accessible in more places for youngsters/ beginners........before they move on to proper bikes.

Needn't be slow, sure I saw that electric bikes are lapping the Isle of mann TT course at or near to 100mph average.

just think we could have speedway in every town even boston its only a question of time before it happens !!!!!

well count me out . Its not speedway

I agree, but with the wrong side of 60 million people in the UK who have yet to be convinced noise is important to our sport. It is something worth exploring.

noise is my life and just cause im in the minority dosent make my life less valid
  • Like 3

noise is my life and just cause im in the minority dosent make my life less valid

That's not what I mean't. The sport needs to get back into the neighbourhoods, back into peoples back yards. While travelling by car is getting more expensive, the sport needs to be accessible on foot.

• Like 2