British Speedway Forum
speedibee

Darcy Showing What A Pro He Is Again

Also regarding Middleditches comments, what about all those teenagers who look up to the likes of Darcy? Team manager says its ok to do what he's done - it ok to drink drive, smoke pot an run from the Police. What an absolute pair of tools

• Like 5

If you can't spell alcohol and your criticizing somebody for being drunk then your not the best person to be giving somebody a lecture.

By the way it's "you're" not 'your' and criticise is spelt with an 's' not a 'z'...

Just saying!

• Like 6

It's a difficult one for the Pirates. He is clearly a fantastic speedway rider, potentially a world champion, but to keep him doesn't reflect well on the family traditions the sport needs to uphold. I'm always wary of believing 'quotes' in newspapers but the Poole management need to come out and do some damage limitation at least.

The ONLY defence I can think of for Middleditch if he was asked about his reaction to Darcy's drug taking and his response was in relation to that.

i was thinking along those lines too as a posdible mitigation - if tgat is the case then its not really an outlandish statement. in that context you could argue that he didnt mean that literally all young people drink and do drugs, just that it is commonplace. still a pretty foolish statement though

It's a difficult one for the Pirates. He is clearly a fantastic speedway rider, potentially a world champion, but to keep him doesn't reflect well on the family traditions the sport needs to uphold. I'm always wary of believing 'quotes' in newspapers but the Poole management need to come out and do some damage limitation at least.

I agree.

The quote should be "He's a knobhead and he's up the road."

• Like 3

Tbf, i dont have a huge issue with a rider taking recreational drugs in the off season per se.

However, given the nz gp is a month away, and i believe cannabis stays in the system for a couple of months,it would mean he would be highly likely to fail a drugs test if tested.

The main concern to me is thst he was fleeing the police and riding a bike while wasted, endangering not just his own life but that of others.

One other thought: kelly moran is one of the most.popular riders of all time, yet allegedly rode speedway on occasion while so pissed he could barely stand, clearly endangering other riders. why the difference in attitude towards him and darcy - is it about different eras, or is it because kelly was a genuinely nice guy and darcy seems to be an utter twit?

Edited by waihekeaces1
  • Like 1

Tbf, i dont have a huge issue with a rider taking recreational drugs in the off season per se.

However, given the nz gp is a month away, and i believe cannabis stays in the system for a couple of months,it would mean he would be highly likely to fail a drugs test if tested.

The main concern to me is thst he was fleeing the police and riding a bike while wasted, endangering not just his own life but that of others.

One other thought: kelly moran is one of the most.popular riders of all time, yet allegedly rode speedway on occasion while so pissed he could barely stand, clearly endangering other riders. why the difference in attitude towards him and darcy - is it about different eras, or is it because kelly was a genuinely nice guy and darcy seems to be an utter twit?

one is proven, one is alleged??
  • Like 2

one is proven, one is alleged??

ive read it in a few different auto biographies/biographies, so i think its pretty commonly regarded as fact that kelly did on occasion ride pissed and that both he and shaun enjoyed a smoke

Edited by waihekeaces1

It's always amusing that you can go on one thread and you will find people complaining the sport is in decline because of the lack of 'characters' and start talking about the hellraisers of days gone by... then switch to another thread where a modern rider is involved in an incident and the same people are castigating them.

With this incident, Ward has once again been foolish. However, he was caught, tried, convicted and punished. Should the authorities deem he should receive some kind of ban from the sport I wouldn't have an objection to it, but by the same token I wouldn't be upset if they didn't.

Middleditches comments need clarifying. The more I think about it, the more I am sure that we are missing the context of the quote. I strongly suspect he was answering in relation to Darcy drinking/taking drugs and not the wider incident. He may well have gone on to mention that but the newspaper only chose one excerpt of what he said.

Poole/Middleditch would be wise to make a statement tomorrow to clarify the situation and if its done correctly put it to bed and save his job.

• Like 2

Save his job hahahahaha

The BSF is not a representation of speedway fans, Keyboard warriors don't attend many meetings and that's why promoters don't take much notice of them.