British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BossMan

Rye House V Somerset Saturday 29/06/13

PS Dread to think what time the Somerset supporters got home.

2.30 after i dropped Aron off, but well worth it after gaining that point

No journey is too long after a decent result, especially when your backs are to the wall

I was there last night. New licensing requirements for next season: All tracks to have two ambulances and no.8's obligatory with R/R. Not too much to ask is it?

• Like 3

I was there last night. New licensing requirements for next season: All tracks to have two ambulances and no.8's obligatory with R/R. Not too much to ask is it?

Spot on

Ben Morley was at the track watching. He could've filled in as number 8 for either side.

Edited by Shadders

Great effort by Somerset, although when you have strong heat leaders you always have a chance of a point.

Gutted for Lewis Rose, he was really starting to look the part for the Young Stars.

The news we were getting on they way home was that Lewis hasn't broken anything but was still in some considerable pain. Which is good news considering the original prognosis.

• Like 3

Forgot to say, good to see you,Aron and Bernard, and also Shadders ( briefly ).

Not been for a few weeks due to other commitments, missed last night because it would have meant throwing good money at a loss. We won because Somerset only had four riders lets make no illusions about that. Perry usually rides well at Rye and would have been good for 4/5 points at least.

Agree regarding the comments about number 8's and ambulances. Not having a number 8 saves money perhaps but on occasions like this it short changes the public and can cost a team points, make them obligatory. We are going to find every track having to have an air fence next year. Why not make sure every track has two ambulances too.

well, two records fell for me at the launch pad last night. firstly it was the latest finish ever to a meeting for me at rye, passing the IOW / wimbledon double header from about 10 years ago. secondly the ambulance delays were the longest i have ever experienced in over 40 years of watching speedway. a couple of my mates threw in the towel at 9.30 and i don't blame them. if there were any first timers there last night it would have put them off for life!

No mention of Morris deliberately missing the gate in heat 10 to give Doyle a tactical ride in the next one? I stop short of saying he laid it down on purpose, because he didn't need to. Clever management, or cheating. Make your own mind up

I've made my mind up Shadders - it's neither! A 5-1 in ht.10 was the worst case scenario for the Rebels. A 4-2 would still have allowed the Doyle TR in ht.11 and a 3-3 would have been a 4 point better result than the 5-1, thus off-setting Doyle's possible extra 3 points in ht.11. So neither clever management nor cheating I'm afraid.

As for the match itself - fantastic point gained by the Rebels and we can only speculate what might have been. Also good news on the latest injury updates for both Tom and Lewis considering the initial fears. Not such a dreadful night as it seemed it was going to be, after all.

Edited by Barney Rebel

Not such a dreadful night as it seemed it was going to be, after all.

The way things are going I wouldn't have been surprised if we'd lost!

Edited by Shadders

I've made my mind up Shadders - it's neither! A 5-1 in ht.10 was the worst case scenario for the Rebels. A 4-2 would still have allowed the Doyle TR in ht.11 and a 3-3 would have been a 4 point better result than the 5-1, thus off-setting Doyle's possible extra 3 points in ht.11. So neither clever management nor cheating I'm afraid.

A 4-2 would only have put you 11 down meaning no 2nd tac... The scores were 32-23 at the time...

As for the match itself - fantastic point gained by the Rebels and we can only speculate what might have been. Also good news on the latest injury updates for both Tom and Lewis considering the initial fears. Not such a dreadful night as it seemed it was going to be, after all.

Also , the black and white helmet is called a "tactical", so you could argue I suppose that finishing third is a good tactic allowing double points next time, not sure if that is cheating, same for both teams.

Agree regarding the comments about number 8's and ambulances. Not having a number 8 saves money perhaps but on occasions like this it short changes the public and can cost a team points, make them obligatory. We are going to find every track having to have an air fence next year. Why not make sure every track has two ambulances too.

Totally agree about No 8s. Most tracks have a junior living within a reasonable distance so cost shouldn't be too much of a factor.

However, knowing a bit about ambulances and their cost having two at every track could well be a step too far for several tracks. They don't come cheap. Before anyone jumps on me and says rider safety comes first - I totally agree but as I read the posts on this thread it seems that the fans waiting time is the factor most are complaining about. As long as there are sufficient well trained medical staff to back up the doctor/paramedic on duty in the case of a multi casualties one vehicle is OK.

Regarding the number 8, he could have only ridden in heat 3. The reserves rides would still have been blanks so it would have barely made a difference.

Just thought I'd post this here as Lewis Rose has reported how he is on Twitter a few hours ago...

@Rose822:

"Thanks to everyone for the messages. After loadsa x-rays and unsure but I haven't broke my hip just real bad muscle damage. Thanks."

What a relief!

And well done to the Rebels for taking a point away with them :t:

Edited by em1500uk
  • Like 4