British Speedway Forum
oldtimer

Somerset V Workington Koc 5 July

I thought it was a very good night's entertainment. You have to feel for the Comets but that's speedway. With three heats to go the Rebels needed a minor miracle and they got one. Mechanical gremlins, spills and thrills, I thought this meeting had a little of everything. The first time I haven't been cold at Somerset speedway. Long may it continue. Incidentally, more and more regulars from the Midlands and Swindon at the OTA...surely that says something about the entertainment dished out.

Great effort by Workington, I must admit the Comets did better than i expected and to go out by one point must be frustrating.

Anyway back to the League business tonight and i will be there...seems like a lifetime sine i was at DP.

Can't deny we had a bit of luck but that's speedway. Not surprisingly the worky team manager scratched his head after heat 14. He knew the Rebels had choice of gate positions in the final heat and the Rebels big guns did the job.

Can't agree with the Comets management that this was a mammoth task for them to get through. Rebels had both normal reserves injured plus both Newman and Davies were tentative coming back from injury. So they had a good chance and they blew it.

Anyway nice to see a gripping cup tie with a surprise ending!

Can't deny we had a bit of luck but that's speedway. Not surprisingly the worky team manager scratched his head after heat 14. He knew the Rebels had choice of gate positions in the final heat and the Rebels big guns did the job.

Can't agree with the Comets management that this was a mammoth task for them to get through. Rebels had both normal reserves injured plus both Newman and Davies were tentative coming back from injury. So they had a good chance and they blew it.

Anyway nice to see a gripping cup tie with a surprise ending!

We didn't blow anything , you had the luck on the night , before last night you lot thought you were home and dry and I'm just pleased we made you work for it, we had no riders in heat 14 which IMO was the nail in the coffin !!

• Like 2

Absolute sickener this, not far wrong with the prediction but 1pt overall, would rather have been mullered!!! :D. Still, never mind at least we did what I'd hoped and took the fight to Somerset and made them work a bit, that makes it a little more bearable, and looking on the bright side, it freed up a couple of potential Saturday's for the rain offs!!! :D Just out of curiosity tho, what would have happened if the scores had been tied, run off or replay? Please excuse the continuous nature of this post, since I was upgraded to IE10, I cannot get paragraph's into this forum for some insane reason, also getting spellchecker, never known that happen before either?? :blink:. There was a thread about this somewhere on the forum which has now disappeared, any news on a fix mods? :t:

Take a look at heat 14 , 5-0 to Somerset , Lady Luck on their side, we were big under dogs tonight and I'm chuffed we took the Aussie select side to the brink , well done guys , KOC, LC, no one remembers who wins ,it's the League that counts

Sour grapes mate, ask the riders if they can`t be a bothered with a cup win. Incidentally we dealt with two 5-0 `s last week plus umpteen races with only one rider in it, got beat but still scrambled a point.

• Like 1

think we did get lucky last night,but still hade to get it right in heat 15,got to get more dirt on track,nice to see mr and mrs whistler last night!

If the scores had been tied, there would have been a replay

Thank's for that mate, much appreciated!! :t:

• Like 1

We didn't blow anything , you had the luck on the night , before last night you lot thought you were home and dry and I'm just pleased we made you work for it, we had no riders in heat 14 which IMO was the nail in the coffin !!

You had two riders in heat 14 - one of them his bike conked out and the other plowed into the fence.

So Somerset got lucky because Workingtons riders can't keep their bikes going and crash? That's a lack of talent and skill from Workington.

Can`t quote you directly Shawn,but I`ve said the Waspels are the luckiest team in speedway for a couple of years at least.... :lol::wink::P

Can`t quote you directly Shawn,but I`ve said the Waspels are the luckiest team in speedway for a couple of years at least.... :lol::wink::P

DB there you are ha ha ha, last night would have been perfect if you had been online till the end , gnashing and growling at the "lucky" Rebels. The whole lucky win revolves around ONE HEAT what about the other 29 over the two legs..................