British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummie Kev

Birmingham V Lakeside 10/07

Seconded CityRebel.

Whilst the dosh saved isn't the difference between life and starvation, I've decided that I'm going to miss tonight.

Many thanks for the kind offers from Brummies fans that have spares but, as I say, my decision is purely based upon principle. You don't offer something then fail to deliver. It's totally bloody unprofessional.

I was quite honestly bringing along two first-timers from my darts team, and my Bro In-Law (also a first timer but heavily into road racing, and now finally getting interested in Speedway) was coming from Tamworth.

It's one thing to have a sound marketing idea, but clearly the promotion/back-room staff at Perry Barr can't organise a p*ss up in a brewery.

Oh well, three potential new fans (and myself) that now won't bother. And most teams these days are forever harping on about low attendances.

I wonder why? :(

• Like 3

Seconded CityRebel.

Whilst the dosh saved isn't the difference between life and starvation, I've decided that I'm going to miss tonight.

Many thanks for the kind offers from Brummies fans that have spares but, as I say, my decision is purely based upon principle. You don't offer something then fail to deliver. It's totally bloody unprofessional.

I was quite honestly bringing along two first-timers from my darts team, and my Bro In-Law (also a first timer but heavily into road racing, and now finally getting interested in Speedway) was coming from Tamworth.

It's one thing to have a sound marketing idea, but clearly the promotion/back-room staff at Perry Barr can't organise a p*ss up in a brewery.

Oh well, three potential new fans (and myself) that now won't bother. And most teams these days are forever harping on about low attendances.

I wonder why? :(

Sounds like your cutting your nose off to spite your face if tickets were on offer from Blujam :unsure:

• Like 2

So he gets offered tickets but turns them down due to them not being delivered.

The Voice Of Reason is bang out of order here, He is deliberately trying to make the Birmingham promotion look amateurish here and I wouldn't be suprised if he made this whole elaborate story up just so he could have a snipe at a promotion that's trying new promotional methods.

I find it strange how somebody who pays £17 to watch slow motion bikes turn at Lakeside is turning down the chance to watch Speedway at Birmingham for £10.

i'bve just been told by brummie fan that its being advertised locally as entrance for £10, so i am turning up without a voucher and expecting to pay £10. Seem to remember done this before at Perry Barr..

i'bve just been told by brummie fan that its being advertised locally as entrance for £10, so i am turning up without a voucher and expecting to pay £10. Seem to remember done this before at Perry Barr..

That really was the obvious way to go from the start, why make more work for yourself?

That really was the obvious way to go from the start, why make more work for yourself?

Because there is no point throwing the doors open if you have no way of contacting those people again in the future. The club now has the contact details of hundreds, if not thousands of new people on their database which they will target in the weeks, months and hopefully years ahead.

Around 20,000 vouchers have been issued, so it is not unreasonable for some of them not to reach their destination. Accusing the promotion of being unprofessional just because your feelings have been hurt is over the top.

• Like 2

So he gets offered tickets but turns them down due to them not being delivered.

The Voice Of Reason is bang out of order here, He is deliberately trying to make the Birmingham promotion look amateurish here and I wouldn't be suprised if he made this whole elaborate story up just so he could have a snipe at a promotion that's trying new promotional methods.

I find it strange how somebody who pays £17 to watch slow motion bikes turn at Lakeside is turning down the chance to watch Speedway at Birmingham for £10.

I am actually now going as, at the end of the day, I want to support my team. If it costs more, then so be it.

As I said, money wasn't/isn't the issue. The principle is.

However, let me make it quite clear that it doesn't need me to make the promotion look amateurish in THIS particular instance. I'm not the only one on this thread who's tickets haven't materialised - despite ordering them last Friday around 9am. So are you suggesting that we are both liars? So, just for the record, no I'm not making it up.

I always enjoy going to Perry Barr; irrespective who wins. I'm a Speedway supporter and, at the end of the day, enjoy watching good racing. Perry Barr is a track where that anyway is generally delivered. As it's also one of the closest tracks to my home, going to watch Lakeside there is a no-brainer.

Oh, and finally, in relation to the Lakeside issue. You are wrong.......yet again. I have never paid 17 quid to watch as I get in for free. I was one of their Machine Examiners up until this season.

Here's a shovel mate.........want to bury yourself a little deeper?

• Like 2

I seem to recall last time they just handed out vouchers to those turning up without and asked them to fill in their personal details on the back,before handing it over for the entrance discount.

Smolinski injured so R/R covers for him.

No official word as yet but he didn't walk the track.

No official word as yet but he didn't walk the track.

Just announced.

Lakeside could get something out of this now, especially if Bjerre is at his best...

Smolinski injured so R/R covers for him.

Its a rumoured kidney infection that sidelines Smolinski.

Lakeside could get something out of this now, especially if Bjerre is at his best...

:rofl: :rofl: