British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Had Enough

Ipswich Vs Workington (pl) - Thursday, 15 August 2013 @ 19:30

After seeing off north-eastern table-toppers Redcar Bears in fine style on Saturday, the Sackers Witches turn their attention to the north-west and another play-off place rival, in the shape of the Thomas Armstrong Comets from Workington:

http://www.ipswichwitches.co/index.php/news-centre/698-comets-expected-on-thursday

Both teams should be at full-strength, although Ashley Morris will undergo a fitness test on his injured wrist - a NL guest will be used if Morris is unable to ride.

Can track expert Rene Bach lead the Comets to important PL points? Richard Lawson has shown improved scoring at Foxhall this season, and Kyle Howarth is in good form. Much will hinge on the contributions of Tero Aarnio, Rusty Harrison and former Witch, Chris Mills.

Whoop! Whoop!

Is that confirmed as the official Workington order? If so I think it will work much better, Rene with Rusty and Kyle with Tero, think will create a bit more harmony in the team again and hopefully will get the ball rolling again for us.

Having said that I think we will struggle to hit 40 points on Thurs!

49 - 41 will do for me but hope for better.

The Comets are capable of running us close and a big win first time round in the KO Cup doesnt mean anything - as we proved! Woop Woop!

A big score would be nice to lay down a marker for the play offs.

Could be alot closer than most think , the Comets are more than capable of performing at Foxhall .

But hey what do I know ? I've been way off with most of my predictions this year !

Some of our blokes are struggling away from home lately so if we can keep this under 60 I think we will have done well? Need all the Ht leaders to show up at this party if we expect to get any points and then support from the ranks for the rest, we have ridden well at Ipswich before now so here's hoping we can do so again, fingers crossed!! ;)

• Like 2

All depends on who the ref is and what rules he/she sees fit i suppose. ^

I thought there was only one rule, which is riders must be stationary at the line when green light is on

I thought there was only one rule, which is riders must be stationary at the line when green light is on

Seems to depend on who the ref is though and how they interpret the rules of false starts

cant see workington getting anything from this there trying hard to drop points at home never mind tracks they usually suffer big defeats on

Should be an even easier win now then, although we sometimes do things the hard way at times

What is this thing a win you speak off and how do we get one :D .