British Speedway Forum
skoobie

Workington 2014

Bit early but other threads have been started so why not! My views on this years team:

Rene Bach - been a bit hot & cold this year, his away form has been dodgy but I would like him back next year.

Tero Aarnio - has scored his average but there's no improvement, wouldn't be on my list next year.

Kyle Howarth - had a good season & is improving all the time, I think he could be challenging for the number 1 slot next season, would be 1st on my list.

Rusty Harrison - really been a poor season for rusty by his normally high standards, been getting left at the gate & just doesn't seem to have the speed he used to have around DP, his away form has been poor & dare I say it but maybe a new track next year would do him good.

Richard Lawson - if he gates he wins, if he doesn't that's that, never tries to pass an I think he'll end up at sheffield next year.

Ashley Morris - I would keep ash as our 3 point reserve next year, it's took time but he is improving.

Chris Mills - no comment.

So we know mason Campton is the 1st name on the sheet for next year, add to that rene Bach & Ashley Morris and I'd like Craig cook as number 1 an built the team around that....

Bit early but other threads have been started so why not! My views on this years team:

Rene Bach - been a bit hot & cold this year, his away form has been dodgy but I would like him back next year.

Tero Aarnio - has scored his average but there's no improvement, wouldn't be on my list next year.

Kyle Howarth - had a good season & is improving all the time, I think he could be challenging for the number 1 slot next season, would be 1st on my list.

Rusty Harrison - really been a poor season for rusty by his normally high standards, been getting left at the gate & just doesn't seem to have the speed he used to have around DP, his away form has been poor & dare I say it but maybe a new track next year would do him good.

Richard Lawson - if he gates he wins, if he doesn't that's that, never tries to pass an I think he'll end up at sheffield next year.

Ashley Morris - I would keep ash as our 3 point reserve next year, it's took time but he is improving.

Chris Mills - no comment.

So we know mason Campton is the 1st name on the sheet for next year, add to that rene Bach & Ashley Morris and I'd like Craig cook as number 1 an built the team around that....

how do you know mason campton will be the first name on the list

he may be refused a visa again

howarth morris and maybe arnio for me depending on who the other riders are and points to play with tero tries hard but machinery and a few injuries may have held him back as for the others im not sure mills obviously hant showed he has the equipment to be considered rusty ? bach ? lawson im not convinced he wants his future to be at workington

problem with cookie is he has high average and really no room for improvement in that but he would please a lot of the crowd and hes a local lad too

wow , is it 2014 already. those sleeping tablets do work well. :drink: mixed with beer of course.

with mr cook in the team , you will have to run with 6- 5 point riders and as sheffield found out. if your out and out number 1 gets injured. you are toast. not the way forward. unless there are changes in the league/team points limit.

Edited by jenga

Be surprised if anyone in PL uses up over 10 points of there team building on cookie.... He's too good for PL anyway lol

Richard Lawson will hopefully come to Glasgow next year and take up his birthright he flys round ashfield and we all love him and his dad anyway. Its a bit early to write a letter to Father christmas but when the time comes Richard will be at the top.

• Like 1

Ah that time of year again when the speculating starts, firstly I think a lot will depend on if/when Sky pull out and if any league restructuring takes place. Assuming it stays the same I would go with Kyle, Tero and Ash from this years side. Wouldn't have Cook as it would be too unbalanced and probably wouldn't leave Edinburgh and I would have only one of Rich and Rene back. I can't see Rich going to Glasgow as he's moved down south and no longer works with his Dad

Our problem this year has been heat leaders away form and not having Campton. Hopefully paperwork will be sorted and we will have Campton and Ash at reserve. We need a heat leader to perform away so maybe Dyer, Wells or an assessed 7 pointer to come in? Still leaves another place to fill, I love watching Rusty ride when he's on song but he's too inconsistent and gets down on himself so easily it can be damaging to the team. Whatever happens there will be twists and turns but it's nice to be able to speculate unlike this time last year when we didn't know if we would be running or not

Cant beat a bit of early doors speculation!! :D. Until the promoters meeting in November verifies whether the points limit is going to be 38.5, as certainly appears to be the case, it would be a bit previous to suggest getting any 9+ heat leader in to build a team around? Definitely see Lawson at Sheff next year, seems to be putting the signal's out for the move, of the others I agree Kyle/Ash deffo probably Rene too after that, well, any other four?? Campton would be a good choice if the visa issue can get sorted but two ht leaders and a middle order will be tricky especially on a restricted pts limit, potential improvers a must next time round? :t:. Going to be an interesting time shortly!! ;)

A long way to go yet before 2014, alot will depend on winter changes to the leagues, whether it stays at 42.5 etc, etc, but for me I would like to keep Rene, Kyle and Campton

the 42.50 points limit will be reduced and this will force the high averaged riders to move on into the lite league , thus stopping all those double uppers/downers to choose one league. then the prem league can start building with riders of reasonable points averages . more nl riders next year. hopefully the nat league will be filled of young uns and really old uns... thats the way i see it.

If the points limit goes down then the product is going down, will this mean reduced admission?

The product we have had to endure at Glasgow this year has went further down than down if you get what i mean and we are one of the dearest so i would guess not would be the answer

the 42.50 points limit will be reduced and this will force the high averaged riders to move on into the lite league , thus stopping all those double uppers/downers to choose one league. then the prem league can start building with riders of reasonable points averages . more nl riders next year. hopefully the nat league will be filled of young uns and really old uns... thats the way i see it.

Or more likely, into the ranks of the unemployed!! If/when the figure for next year is ratified very few clubs will be able to afford a genuine high scorer at the expense of a side with more balance and potential built around 6.5/7.5 av riders? Maybe 2014 will be the Comets year if that were to be the case, getting rid of all those big guns from the Elite and evening out the playing field could play right into our hands? We haven't had a big scorer for ages and look how we've done, always close but no cigar always outdone by clubs with a "main man" in their line up, perhaps it would be no bad thing but I guess it depends on who or what you would like to watch? ;)

The best thing about this thread is that you are all confident there will be a 2014 team whatever the format/points limit.

• Like 2

It has been said that Kenny Ingalls is hoping to be fit for next season and is also hoping to ride for the Comets. If he is fit he'd probably be given a go, I think so anyway.