British Speedway Forum

I personally think barker will be at Plymouth next year it's always mentioned in the local rag

Makes sense really he could just about walk there.

Ritchie Worrall is available as he's ruled out a return to Newcastle.

If Barker doesn't return does anyone fancy him as a replacement at number 1?

Would give us just under a point extra to play with as well.

Olly Allen also available on just over 8 as Rye have ruled him out also.

Worrall yes, Allen no - too injury prone for me and with a high average it's far too much of a risk.

Ritchie Worrall is available as he's ruled out a return to Newcastle.

If Barker doesn't return does anyone fancy him as a replacement at number 1?

Would give us just under a point extra to play with as well.

Olly Allen also available on just over 8 as Rye have ruled him out also.

Worrall yes, Allen no - too injury prone for me and with a high average it's far too much of a risk.

Worrall has already stated he would love to ride at Foxhall and I myself would pay good money to see him race around foxhall.

Worrall has already stated he would love to ride at Foxhall and I myself would pay good money to see him race around foxhall.

And Steve too - has got potential (shown at end of season) and would benefit from a complete change of scenery.

• Like 1

Interesting quote from Alex Harkess in the Edinburgh Evening News................

Harkess said: “Leicester have hinted they would like to move up, but they are the only Premier League club who have stated a preference to race in the Elite League.”

So no interest from Ippo in moving up then?

Interesting quote from Alex Harkess in the Edinburgh Evening News................

Harkess said: “Leicester have hinted they would like to move up, but they are the only Premier League club who have stated a preference to race in the Elite League.”

So no interest from Ippo in moving up then?

Why should there be? I don't know anyone who is keen for the Witches to move "up" who also has any idea how they could sustain such a move.

On a different tack:

Here's an alternative view of Foxhall, from the recent Banger World Final - terraces are healthily occupied: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKhkA9LSNhw

Crazy stuff!

We usually get out to Ippo and Mildenhall a few times a year for bangers and stocks etc.

Must say the facilities at Ippo are now excellent.

The crowds are always excellent too.

There have been a fair few posts on the BSF about Ippo moving up so some people are still keen.

The full Harkess article is interesting........http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/speedway/speedway-monarchs-boss-dismisses-league-merger-1-3186403

If he's right there may not be that many PL changes track-wise.

And Cookie back next year hopefully though 2 x 3 pointers would be a big gamble unless they are 2 good ones.

• Like 1

Worrall would be a decent choice, would love Fisher he's box office at this level but highly unlikely for many reasons.

One of the Leicester boys maybe, possibly a return for Doolan? No longer a number 1 but his average now reflects that.

Club Asset so if money is a little tight this winter he could be an option.

The first bit of business the promotion need to do though is tie down Cameron Heeps to a new contract for next year, he's a must in any league scenario.

I fully believe he's capable of challenging hard for the number 1 race jacket next season.

Must say the facilities at Ippo are now excellent.

Amazing what has been achieved there in such a short space of time, with more work due this winter I believe.

Anyone visiting Foxhall for the first time in a few years would hardly recognise the place.

The "Foxhole" jibes have been well and truly put to bed!!

Edited by CardinalSin
  • Like 2

Why should there be? I don't know anyone who is keen for the Witches to move "up" who also has any idea how they could sustain such a move.

I AM...if it was deemed viable by the promotion, and they could assemble a decent team...

I AM...if it was deemed viable by the promotion, and they could assemble a decent team...

the current state that speedway is in we can only assume that Ipswich dropped to the PL in an attempt to lose less money than if they were EL.Possibly Sky money the only thing keeping EL afloat until now.Not long now before all is revealed regarding League structures.

On a different tack:

Here's an alternative view of Foxhall, from the recent Banger World Final - terraces are healthily occupied: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKhkA9LSNhw

was there crowd trouble seems to be a lot of stewards there!!!