British Speedway Forum
Agrotron

Pirates 2014

Dream on - it ain't about to happen!! Can't see any of the current top 3 being back. Points limit 38.5???

That level will probably mean most teams getting rid of one of the top two riders and bringing in a 3 point reserve

DON'T think it will be the points limit that will determine teams rather than a cap on rider payments. If what I am hearing is correct then cannot see many of the riders who don't actually live in the UK bothering to commute here.

The big question will be whether the likes of Woffinden, Holder, Ward, etc will accept the vastly reduced pay rates or simply up and go.

• Like 1

thats not good...... even easier to fiddle than the points limit

lots of "extra" sponsorship, it will be a disaster, only way is the points limit, not another method yet again to muddy the water.... cant think who would have thought of that!

basically its an open charter for poole to win season on season

lots of "extra" sponsorship, it will be a disaster, only way is the points limit, not another method yet again to muddy the water.... cant think who would have thought of that!

Will the BSPA even have the tools to police this? To me it seems quite easy to manipulate financial fair play through sponsorship and other things.

Sounds like a plan, best get an extension on the trophy cabinet :)

Seriously though they've capped the pay in the premier league this season, but I bet there's a fair few riding for more than the £55 cap. It doesn't work.

There would be a points limit as well but a very low one which would those in favour would attempt to justify by saying it will allow them to drastically reduce rider costs, which ever way you look at it is essential with far less money coming into their coffers.

Getting worried ill find room on the terraces with the new chances which look like coming in. Going to bring the lost fans back in their thousands! NOT!

With a low points limit next season possibly, Matt needs to sign THJ at all costs.

A 8 point rider in a weakened league in my opinion.

8 point rider dream on vastly overated,he is the sort of rider i would be cutting back on for what he brings quite expensive i believe.
  • Like 3

8 point rider dream on vastly overated,he is the sort of rider i would be cutting back on for what he brings quite expensive i believe.

He's not expensive, His deal this season was average but included a play-off qualification bonus.

Edited by Hougaard Racing Fans

Sounds like a plan, best get an extension on the trophy cabinet :)

Seriously though they've capped the pay in the premier league this season, but I bet there's a fair few riding for more than the £55 cap. It doesn't work.

I know of two EL 6-pointers who approached a PL club and offered to ride for £2000+£80/£85 per point. They didn't get the job but the mere fact they were given serious consideration suggests that £55 per point is not written in stone. I understand that most Pl clubs draw the line at £60 per point though.

I know of two EL 6-pointers who approached a PL club and offered to ride for £2000+£80/£85 per point. They didn't get the job but the mere fact they were given serious consideration suggests that £55 per point is not written in stone. I understand that most Pl clubs draw the line at £60 per point though.

Interesting......Thanks.

He's not expensive, His deal this season was average but included a play-off qualification bonus.

I shouldn't think he is on a tenner a point do you? he would hardly come over here and be on peanuts.If they're are changes next year he is one of the prime candidates that would have to be let go.
  • Like 1

There would be a points limit as well but a very low one which would those in favour would attempt to justify by saying it will allow them to drastically reduce rider costs, which ever way you look at it is essential with far less money coming into their coffers.

And it sounds like a recipe for less fans and even less money coming into their coffers.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2