British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spin king

Sheffield 2014

Is Ben Wilson the dude who rode their bike into Kenni Larsen and got banned from the UK for a few years?

• Like 1

Is Ben Wilson the dude who rode their bike into Kenni Larsen and got banned from the UK for a few years?

No that was Ben Powell.

That would be very interesting, especially if we could get Ben in at reserve.

I kind of get a feeling that Ricky Wells will be riding somewhere else never seemed happy at Sheffield.

I would definitely keep Adam Roynon, I know it keeps been said but his luck injury wise has to change sometime.

Steady like everyone says is a no brainer.

Richie Lawson is a rider that seems to get connected with Sheffield, but I am not so sure about him relies heavily on his gating, Ollie Allen has exactly the same average and Sheffield is his favourite Premier League track.

I still think that Albin is worthy of another crack, especially if he starts at reserve and gets some decent kit.

Hugh Skidmore returning would interest me, but I kind of get the feeling that he may want to stay with Redcar.

But Ben Wilson on a 4 point average could or should deserve very careful consideration.

1. Simon Stead 9.33

2. Ben Wilson 4.00

3. Adam Roynon 7.81

4. Hugh Skidmore 5.65

5. Olly Allen 8.28

6. 3.81

7. Facundo Albin 3.62

No that was Ben Powell.

Ahh right thank you

IMO only three i would like to retain are Wells, Stead & Albin. The rest of the team need clearing out. Interesting to see comments about Mr Ben Wilson, on a low average he could be worth a punt, does anyone know if he wants to make a racing return ??, Lambert is OK at best, time to move on from him. Roynon is a great rider but i feel he is too cursed with injuries, and after the season we have had we need to steer clear of those as best we can ! . On the whole i believe Sheffield will be running next year, however i would like to see some fresh blood in the team, been there done that with skidmore, lambert etc...

Would also be happy to see Nelson in the team next year and or Lawson/ Allen.

Interesting times ahead methinks.

• Like 1

I agree with the 3 your keeping odsal boy, Rambo - been there and a steady 3.50 rider. Roynon - COULD be a revelation, but too injury prone, also depends on his parent club. Ben Wilson - think we can forget ben hes been out too long. Skiddy - don't think there would be much improvement in his average, may get used if the averages fit. Andre - though it pains me to say it, only use him if we can fit him in at reserve, would do a good job there. lets just hope we will have a team to follow in whatever league.

How soon would we need a new buyer for the club? I presume that at the promoters conference (presumably next month) teams will have to declare if they are running and in which league.

How soon would we need a new buyer for the club? I presume that at the promoters conference (presumably next month) teams will have to declare if they are running and in which league.

I have not seen anywhere, where, Neil Machin said he is not going to run, simply the club is for sale, I am sure he will keep it running until it is sold.

I have not seen anywhere, where, Neil Machin said he is not going to run, simply the club is for sale, I am sure he will keep it running until it is sold.

i read somwhere where alegedly neil has said ne wasnt prepaired to buy a safty fence so i take it from that that he wont be running the club if it dosnt sell

Ben Wilson.NO NO NO. thats the past and he wasnt thar good rhen.

Ben Wilson.NO NO NO. thats the past and he wasnt thar good rhen.

I don't know on a 4 point average he starts to look an attractive proposition especially if get him at reserve.

He's not ridden for what, 2 years?..no its time to look forward...

Lets move up a league... :rofl:

Emil Sayfutdinov

Thomas H Jonasson

Micheal Jespen Jensen

Kjastas Puodzuks

Tai Woffinden

Simon Stead

Adam Roynon

many a true word in jest.

perhaps wrong team but right league.

I hope whoever takes over has a clear out, and we don't look to sign riders from the past. Let's start a new and get supporters really exited about the team for next season. Imo keep Steady ( if he is 100% fit) then go from there. Look to the future not look backwards. I just hope the sale does not drag on and on. I would hope Mr Machin will be looking at riders just in case the sale does not happen. He did say he was not closing Sheffield just putting the club up for sale. If he does not sell my only worry will he be motivated for next season. Interesting times.

Who ever takes over has to have a clear out.Weve too many riders who cant score away.When you look at the top 6 sides they are entertaining away and worth following.Weve gone back to the dark days with away performances and some at home this year too.For me Wells is the type of rider we need.Similar average home and away.You don't win leagues with riders who can only score heavy at home with exception to the Exeter team of the past.Lets hope we get the new owner in before all the best riders get picked up.

Could someone tell me how Ben Wilson could come back on a four point average, and if he has any wish to return to the sport?