British Speedway Forum
RedcarRacer

Woffy Hopes To Stay In Uk In 2014

I'm sure that, as a fair-minded observer of the speedway scene, you'll be the first to congratulate him should he sign to ride here next year.

I wouldn't be holding my breath on that score.

Fair play to Tai in portraying himself and the sport so well. Let's hope the B.S.P.A see the big picture and use him to promote the sport properly.

http://www1.skysport...ding-in-england

Good news and also thinks that Polish team would struggle to beat British champions...

I cannot seem to detect that message in the link? I will stand to be corrected though.

Suzanne was more interested in the size of his earings,saying they were bigger than his gold medal :lol:

Good job she wasn't admiring anything else! :shock:

Thought he came across really well on the Tv today. Justs needs to sort himself a really good PR company to promote himself as world champion. With the right marketing could go far. Bit of who you know really in PR to get your face round. Well done the lad.

That is such a 'spot-on' post and could/should apply to the majority of riders, teams and Speedway managements in general across the UK!! :t:

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

Thought he came across really well on the Tv today. Justs needs to sort himself a really good PR company to promote himself as world champion. With the right marketing could go far. Bit of who you know really in PR to get your face round.Well done the lad.

I couldn't agree more! I just wish he would lose the earrings and get the tattoos surgically removed but then I am an old fart!

• Like 5

That is such a 'spot-on' post and could/should apply to the majority of riders, teams and Speedway managements in general across the UK!! :t:

Trouble is 99.9% of the population don't give a fig about speedway...We live in our own little methanol bubble.

• Like 1

Suzanne was more interested in the size of his earings,saying they were bigger than his gold medal :lol:

Thought he came across really well on the Tv today. Justs needs to sort himself a really good PR company to promote himself as world champion. With the right marketing could go far. Bit of who you know really in PR to get your face round.Well done the lad.

Tai can only answer the questions he is asked which are becoming repetitive and banal and is showing up some so called professional presenters as lack lustre in their approach to any level of in-depth knowledge.

Tai is young and fast becoming a role model as to how to behave as a professional sportsman in front of the media.

So PLEASE lets hope they can ask more probing questions other than which new tattoos is he having or how big his ear piercings are. :icon_smile_clown:

Other than that its good to see a major channel giving him and our sport some coverage.

• Like 1

Trouble is 99.9% of the population don't give a fig about speedway...We live in our own little methanol bubble.

Little point in anything being invented or any new product anywhere with that attitude.

People don't give a fig when they don't know what it is, when they don't see it presented in a good light, when they're not given the impression its cool. Change these things and more people will start to pay attention. Then, more people start paying attention because they see others paying attention.

Or just do nothing and drift along...

Little point in anything being invented or any new product anywhere with that attitude.

People don't give a fig when they don't know what it is, when they don't see it presented in a good light, when they're not given the impression its cool. Change these things and more people will start to pay attention. Then, more people start paying attention because they see others paying attention.

Or just do nothing and drift along...

It was just an observation, not an attitude, and I totally agree that with your other points...
  • Like 1

I was just about to give my son his Wheetos this morning as Tai Woffinden was coming on tv.

"Do you want your Woffindens," I said, unintentionally. and then it came to me in a flash.

Cereal packets! Just like in a movie I saw once with Dennis Quaid in it. We need cereal packets.

Get Tai on the box of Wheetos. Get him to advertise them. Give away free cardboard cut-outs of Tai with each packet and collect stick on tatoos inside each pack.

"You to can be as fast of Tai Woffinden if you eat your Wheetos."

Job done I think. What's Max Clifford up to these days?

Oh yeah, so he is....

• Like 6

I couldn't agree more! I just wish he would lose the earrings and get the tattoos surgically removed but then I am an old fart!

I am not keen on the earrings and tattoos as, like you I am old!!! However, his ability on a speedway bike speaks volumes for him and if that and his looks attract the younger supporters then that's fine by me!! In fact, it's essential.

• Like 1

'Oi, Woffinden, you 'orrible little man, get your hands out of your pockets'. :P:D :D

Much amusement at work over the interview mention of the second collarbone break in which, according to the presenter, Woffinden "fell over" as if the little scamp had tripped and scabbed his knee.

• Like 1

. Now I am not the lover of ear rings and tattoos but from a marketing point of view I think these could be a big plus, he is right age and look, bit of a cross between a rock star, david Essex, barry sheen and Eddie kid. Get his face in tv, clothing and the like and I think he could be really big. Do the world of good for speedway along with his life story. One thing though keep the bspa out as useless bunch of toasters and will ruin anything they touch. Edited by The Know
  • Like 3