British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
kingbee

Tactical Sub Rule

Drop the lot. No black and white, no tactical rides. If a manager can't get his team sorted out before the match, then enough is said.

Who ever gets to win wins. I just hate to see it when a team has worked their socks off and managed to get 10 points in front, to then go and lose it when the other team sends out the black and white and tactical rides to get on top.

I say who ever is that far in front has worked hard enough to win the race.If it is one of the top teams who have fallen behind then send out the top rider than the out come is usually always the same the losing team wins the day. Lets call it a day and see it come down to whoever dares wins.

If we get Sky or not lets call an ensd to this stupid idea.

You would not see a rugby team or a footbal team if they where winning 5 nil have to take half the team off to give the other team a chance to pull back.

Can anyone tell me when the last time was or if it has even happened that a team won by 75 to 15. It must have happened at some time, in speedways long distant past.

• Like 4

Drop the lot. No black and white, no tactical rides. If a manager can't get his team sorted out before the match, then enough is said.

Who ever gets to win wins. I just hate to see it when a team has worked their socks off and managed to get 10 points in front, to then go and lose it when the other team sends out the black and white and tactical rides to get on top.

I say who ever is that far in front has worked hard enough to win the race.If it is one of the top teams who have fallen behind then send out the top rider than the out come is usually always the same the losing team wins the day. Lets call it a day and see it come down to whoever dares wins.

If we get Sky or not lets call an ensd to this stupid idea.

You would not see a rugby team or a footbal team if they where winning 5 nil have to take half the team off to give the other team a chance to pull back.

Can anyone tell me when the last time was or if it has even happened that a team won by 75 to 15. It must have happened at some time, in speedways long distant past.

I think it happened a couple of times at Exeter, mainly through bad conditions and away riders not wanting to ride in them.

75-15's happened in 2000 at Exeter. Exeter vs Arena Essex and then they scored 74 the week afetr vs Glasgow where the only point was dropped by then reserve (but averaging 7) Chris Harris in heat 15 - 29 heats without dropping a point at home (plus however many 5-1s they had the week before). They then scored a paltry 72 the week after against Newport. Nothing to do with bad tracks, all to do with having a team of 6 rider on 7 point averages and Mike Coles on 9 so being bloody awesome at home with their home track advantage thrown in.

Kings Lynn beat Sheffield 75-15 in about 2006

Kings Lynn beat Sheffield 75-15 in about 2006

Close, 2007.

Maybe they should do it like race horses and any rider that keeps winning should carry an extra 5 or 6 stone penalty weight on his bike to slow him down to give the others a chance.

But I still say that the ones who have the points won fairly should not have their hard erned points taken away from them.

It would then make the riders think and work harder to get a win. Why bother when they fall behind by 6 points when they have the chance to pull it all back again with a double points ride, dosn't always work but most times it does, so I think it is now time to stop it.

I don't think to many fans would complain other than to say if their team lost that they should have riden better in the first place, not win the match unfairly.

I saw a few matches on sky last year that teams came from behind to win after getting double points and the a tacticle ride and go on to win and I thought how unfair can you get.

i know one thing speedway fans hate is all the writing to be done in a programme but i like the idea of having more control over a teams tactics. I'd love to see a meeting run with a blank programme where the team managers choose the riders who go out race by race, only rules being being like now, a rider has to have a minimum of 3 rides unless injured and can only be replaced by a reserve for one of their four rides. if a rider is known to missing due to an injury/ other commitments a No8 would come into the team at reserve and the highest ave reserve would take the place of the missing rider (if the rider missing was in the top 5) heat 15 would then be contested by 2 of the top 3 scorers from their programmed rides, from each team. Would certainly living things up and bring a lot more thinking and tactics into a meeting!

• Like 1

i know one thing speedway fans hate is all the writing to be done in a programme but i like the idea of having more control over a teams tactics. I'd love to see a meeting run with a blank programme where the team managers choose the riders who go out race by race, only rules being being like now, a rider has to have a minimum of 3 rides unless injured and can only be replaced by a reserve for one of their four rides. if a rider is known to missing due to an injury/ other commitments a No8 would come into the team at reserve and the highest ave reserve would take the place of the missing rider (if the rider missing was in the top 5) heat 15 would then be contested by 2 of the top 3 scorers from their programmed rides, from each team. Would certainly living things up and bring a lot more thinking and tactics into a meeting!

If you did a grid with the lineups on the left, like in the GP proggie, you could have anybody in any race, and only put the scores in. Just a thought.

Edited by Tsunami

If you did a grid with the lineups on the left, like in the GP proggie, you could have anybody in any race, and only put the scores in. Just a thought.

solves that problem. Now to see it happen! :approve:

• Like 1

Like that idea. Make the managers do a bit of thinking and make the riders work for what they gain not like a lot of them seem to do, that is just turn up and don't bother to give their all. It dosen't make it good for the fans to see a named rider going around the track like they have a hangover.

One race comes to mind this season when Chris Harris came out to ride with a migrane and it took all his time to even get off the start line, Think he started twice and that was him done for the night. He would have been far better staying at home and going to bed and then got a rider to take his place, than trying to race and making himself look a fool.

With a team going out to win if the lost 75-15 with no black and whites and no tactical subs at least the winner would have done it fair and square.

Let the managers make the picks if they got it wrong then who else is to blame, unless the riders didn;t bother to give their all to the races.

Make it fair and I think we would see quite a different out come to the team tables at the end of the season.

Has it is now, they can come out for the first 5 races lose the lot and then pull them back with a b/w or tacticle, make them race from the drop of the first flag.

They should scrap this its a joke and if my team had to use it because they have been piss poor at the start of the meeting its there fault.

They should scrap this its a joke and if my team had to use it because they have been piss poor at the start of the meeting its there fault.

To true.

What happens to teams that have big track advantages and well over the top of the points limit for the following seasons team building with 75-15 scores :unsure: