British Speedway Forum
Grachan

Swindon & Poole Home And Away On April 18

But a typical comeback from one of the blinkered crew. :neutral:

I wasn't particularly impressed with the Robins line up at the start of the year and these results have done little to change my mind.

Killer is class and Morris is slowly getting better year on year however Klindt and Gustafsson are in free fall for a reason.

Worrying times for Robins fans.

Here come the excuses from the Anti Poole Brigade,,, :rofl: Don't you just love it..

Here come the excuses from the Anti Poole Brigade,,, :rofl: Don't you just love it..

But im not making excuses DOH :icon_smile_clown:

It was a meeting of two halves. Swindon looked good in the first half and lost their gating abilities in the second half. MOTM - Josh G for me.

That was my first match of the season and I can't say I enjoyed the new race format or draft riders. Will definitely pick future meetings too - if I'm not doing something better. Definitely lost the speedway bug and I thought tonight would rekindle it - but it didn't !

• Like 1

Thought the Elite League racing was top drawer tonight. Pawlicki, Killer, Batch all entertaining. But once again the draft riders races are a rip off. Klindt against 3 NL riders? Milik against Compton? You know the result before the tapes go up. Its not a dig at the NL boys. They are cleary trying their nuts off. But its an absolute farce its called the elite!! 17 quid is not value for money and more and more people are going to realise this as the year goes on.

Im losing interest already this year and for someone who has been going 25 years come rain or shine thats a worrying thing for me. Even during the year of Nicholls as number 1 I was there every week and going to away matches. Im sure im not the only one who is seeing through this fast track bollox either. Bad times ahead unless you are a Poole or KL fan.

Edited by thecoombdog
  • Like 2

It was a meeting of two halves. Swindon looked good in the first half and lost their gating abilities in the second half. MOTM - Josh G for me.

That was my first match of the season and I can't say I enjoyed the new race format or draft riders. Will definitely pick future meetings too - if I'm not doing something better. Definitely lost the speedway bug and I thought tonight would rekindle it - but it didn't !

Work commitments mean I can't make meetings, but looking at what's been said, I'm not missing much and £17 ain't vfm imo.

• Like 1

To be fair to SteveBrum this time, he's actually made a point and given reasons to back up his point that he believes Swindon are a poor side.

From seeing them this morning, I can't disagree with what he has said either.

Well done Benji & Troy as they are the only 2 who can hold their heads up high & to a lesser degree Nick but 1 race win from 10 rides isn't what you expect from your no 1.

Reserve races 20 to Poole 16 to Swindon. Considering Poole are cheating again by using Charlie then it's gonna swing dorsets way.

What a sad post as loads of Swindon know that whatever the state of the track Poole have a far better team than us & have spent all day saying it.

Congratulations Poole on beaten a poor Swindon team & good luck against Kings Lynn in the final.

I take it you didn't read gaters earlier rants then?

Reserve races 20 to Poole 16 to Swindon. Considering Poole are cheating again by using Charlie then it's gonna swing dorsets way.

Come on then explain where the cheating is. Usual anti Poole rubbish! Lol

Good crowd about 2500..car park full.. never seen so many kids there, with their free easter eggs...mediocre racing..Poole deserved the win after being 10 points down at the halfway stage. Over 40 quid just ain't good value-for-money so we will be choosing meetings to attend this year.Not worth nearly 200 quid a month.

• Like 1

To be fair to SteveBrum this time, he's actually made a point and given reasons to back up his point that he believes Swindon are a poor side.

From seeing them this morning, I can't disagree with what he has said either.

Stop it, its against the rules to agree with me. :shock::P

• Like 2

I thought it was an excellent match tonight, so it's a bit disappointing to come on here and just see a bunch of whingers and wind ups.

Disappointing to lose, but we really threw it away in the middle heats. Some very good racing though. Plenty of clse heats although, of course, there were the normal one or two processions and some unbalanced line ups.

Overall, though, i thought the reserves were very entertaining and good value.

Swindon don't look like title contenders at the moment but hopefully we'll get more fire from the second strings in the future.

Well done Poole. Boooooo!!!

• Like 2