British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Swindon V Poole Elite Shield 1st Leg. 27/3/14

Does anyone know if the pits will be open for half hour 6.30 until 07.00 like last year so the fans can have a look or is this going to be stopped?.

And don't go to those ghastly bogs either.

They should be open sidney, same as last year.

What the bogs? Lets hope not, they should have been condemned years ago! :)

• Like 1

What the bogs? Lets hope not, they should have been condemned years ago! :)

Don't think you can touch them, they've been declared a Site of Special Scientific Interest 😉

• Like 1

Don't think you can touch them, they've been declared a Site of Special Scientific Interest

Is tht the voice of Tony Robinson i hear. I gather he's sending in the Time Team boys!! :rofl:

Don't think you can touch them, they've been declared a Site of Special Scientific Interest

I think they are more a 'Special Hole In The Home Of Lower Expectation'!! :rofl::D:P

Edited by Skidder1

The usual Swindon win by about 7 I reckons, don't know if it will be enough to take down to Knobland. Apart from Darcia(the next Briggo) the Robins top 5 look stronger, clash between to the 2 Swindon lads Smart and Ritchings. One thing guaranteed will be freezing cold, and the bogs are still there after an unsuccessful attempt in the close season to blow them up. Hope the new dress code check is strictly undertaken by the stewards.

Edited by Cremorne

I think they are more a 'Special Hole In The Home Of Lower Expectation'!! :rofl::D:P

Stuck Here In This Hell, Oh Lord Explain !!

Best I could do at short notice.. :t:

• Like 1

The usual Swindon win by about 7 I reckons, don't know if it will be enough to take down to Knobland. Apart from Darcia(the next Briggo) the Robins top 5 look stronger, clash between to the 2 Swindon lads Smart and Ritchings. One thing guaranteed will be freezing cold, and the bogs are still there after an unsuccessful attempt in the close season to blow them up. Hope the new dress code check is strictly undertaken by the stewards.

I am really looking forward to it can't see anything but an away win.Ward will be his usual box office, Magic at his best can compete with anybody Shamek i have not seen live since he scored 12(from 5) ( four wins) in 2011 at the Abbey what a talent he is the Czech Milik looks a steal on his average.I really hope Ritchings gives a good account of himself following in the footsteps of Crash,Killer,Keener, Broady,Wellie and Dukey great to have a local lad in the team good luck to Daryl CREMORNE don't forget to put your suit and dickie bow tie on.!!

I am really looking forward to it can't see anything but an away win.Ward will be his usual box office, Magic at his best can compete with anybody Shamek i have not seen live since he scored 12(from 5) ( four wins) in 2011 at the Abbey what a talent he is the Czech Milik looks a steal on his average.I really hope Ritchings gives a good account of himself following in the footsteps of Crash,Killer,Keener, Broady,Wellie and Dukey great to have a local lad in the team good luck to Daryl CREMORNE don't forget to put your suit and dickie bow tie on.!!

Have to agree with you Sidders, looks to me to be an away win mostly because of the NL reserves, though that's not a criticism as I do believe both Steve and Daryl will improve as the season progresses...

Not convinced by the new format either, but it will provide extra interest on Thursday...

Looking forward to finally seeing some live speedway after a long break and I hope that both Simon & Nicolai can live up to their past performances at Blunsdon.

Bring it on..

AS per usual Sidney I shall be attired in my Nicky Henderson trilby, blazer, flannels, and ten-layers of thermals. Just hope I don't have to go into the black hole for a pee! No one is going for a home win.

Have to agree with you Sidders, looks to me to be an away win mostly because of the NL reserves, though that's not a criticism as I do believe both Steve and Daryl will improve as the season progresses...

Not convinced by the new format either, but it will provide extra interest on Thursday...

Looking forward to finally seeing some live speedway after a long break and I hope that both Simon & Nicolai can live up to their past performances at Blunsdon.

Bring it on..

"yerropes" maybe it is me,i want to have an open mind but this team does not enthuse me.Hope i am wrong of course i hope not to much pressure is not put on to Nick we shall see up the Budgies.!! Edited by sidney

AS per usual Sidney I shall be attired in my Nicky Henderson trilby, blazer, flannels, and ten-layers of thermals. Just hope I don't have to go into the black hole for a pee! No one is going for a home win.

I will sneak into the bog and remove the 5 watt light bulb before the meeting but with that lot on you had better strap a plastic bottle or hose on it as you will not have time to get through all those layers.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

With that lot on you had better strap a plastic bottle or hose on it as you will not have time to get through all those layers, I will sneak into the bogs and remove the 5 watt light bulb before the meeting.

Mind yer feet "ORLOV they're will be 2 inches of pee still in there left from last year.!!

I will sneak into the bog and remove the 5 watt light bulb before the meeting but with that lot on you had better strap a plastic bottle or hose on it as you will not have time to get through all those layers.

Weirdo :D

• Like 1

Have to laugh at one of the stewards who 'patrols' like a predator inside the stadium during meetings. He wears sunglasses on his baseball cap whatever the weather!!

Talking of our famous bogs, rumour has it they have been spruced up for this season. Sheets of crinkly toilet paper provided now along with a slab of soap and candle light. Cockroaches and woodlouse beware....

• Like 1