British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
semion

Kings Lynn V Belle Vue 16/4

Young Stefan Nielsen is popular as well (well at least with me and a few other posters on here). With him being a former mascot and his family being regulars on the first bend it still annoys me to this day that despite running the Young Stars he's never lined up for us.

And the biggest plus point, after running the London Marathon I can have a pint while watching the Stars. C'mon boys

And now Nielsen is owned by Coventry as Scunthorpe sold him on. Work that one out! I liked the look of him when he raced for Mildenhall. Very exciting! I wouldn't have have minded seeing him in our colours.

P.S. don't get too drunk now :nono: You have a job to do on Twitter updating haven't you? :lol:

Stars to win by 12

As expected the Aces reserves well and truly owned. I fear they are going to be doing that all season, hopefully they can improve come the second reserve race each meeting???, they didn't tonight :(

Belle Vue had an awful history year after year of selecting the only Poles in that country who could never score points. Looks like our selection policy could be heading down the same path with these Fast Track riders (or SLOW Track in the Aces case).

Excepting his final race from gate four which had a five race winning streak, it even gave Tofty a win, Rory Schlein did a 'Hougaard' (had a stinker against his old club). Cook was disappointing to say the least but it's early days. At least Palm Toft is surpassing his assessed three point average.

Nice to see the meeting delayed to let the crowd in, hopefully that will let the very good quality Bet365 live streaming continue for the season.

Even with an off form Iversen and Schlein Kings Lynn are definatly setting the benchmark this season and are worthy title favourites. Good to see the young brit Lambert proving he is worth his place in the main body and can only get better. 2 strong reserves as well.

MPT was well worthhis six points tonight and rode really well on Monday as well. Wonder what odds you could have got that NKI wouldn't win a race? Lambert looked very good for such a youngster and Stars look the team to beat for me, as there are no obvious weaknesses.

I was looking forward to watching NKI

Really pleased with MPT

But the real winner again was FTG

Zager, Cook, Worrall, Nicholls and Palm Toft all had their moments tonight, but Belle Vue came unstuck at Reserve where they were outgunned paid 17 from Lynn with just paid 3 from The Aces. Could have been worse with Kerr falling when in front.

Yet another meeting dictated to by the difference at reserve of both teams.

A good idea but such a cock eyed way of administering it.

I was looking forward to watching NKI

Really pleased with MPT

But the real winner again was FTG

<signature too long> Is that why you're using initials for the riders? :lol: I get the first two but who's FTG?

Edited by Gemini

Have agree with Ouch there wasn't to much out wide for anyone tonight. Most races were done and dusted after 2 bends

Good to see the Lewis' in the points, all good news for Diamonds fans methinks. Thought Richie may have scored a few more on his former track, but KL are pretty decent this season.

Credit to Kings Lynn, impressed by Porsing & Lambert & the two Lewis's will boss other reserve pairings round Saddlebow Road this season as they did ours tonight. If the Stars can get Schlein firing then they'll take some stopping.

For the Aces, Zagar was outstanding & Nicholls good value early on too. Good to see Palm Toft contributing well for a guy on a 3.00, quietly doing a solid job. Never really thought we'd get anything tonight, Aces must be targeting full points at the likes of Brum, Cov & Leicester. Do that & win all the home matches then a top 4 spot won't be too far off. And compared to recent seasons that'd be a step in the right direction.

Credit to Kings Lynn, impressed by Porsing & Lambert & the two Lewis's will boss other reserve pairings round Saddlebow Road this season as they did ours tonight. If the Stars can get Schlein firing then they'll take some stopping.

For the Aces, Zagar was outstanding & Nicholls good value early on too. Good to see Palm Toft contributing well for a guy on a 3.00, quietly doing a solid job. Never really thought we'd get anything tonight, Aces must be targeting full points at the likes of Brum, Cov & Leicester. Do that & win all the home matches then a top 4 spot won't be too far off. And compared to recent seasons that'd be a step in the right direction.

I'm inclined to agree about Brum, but Cov will be a different case, and the Aces will need to improve their gating to get a result at Beaumont Park :wink:

Really disapointed with the FTG racing tonight! Not much you can do but wasn't a spectical!

The issue tonight with Belle Vue was at reserve, the one thing to point out from it was how many Draft picks were in the KL side tonight!

Answer None! They got to use there own assets! Coventry and KL have NL sides and in which case they can select who they want before the draft not have the draps that Belle Vue got having the almost the last pick!

Wanna succeeded in speedway over coming years! Invest in youth!

• Like 1

Double post!!!!

Edited by Ommer UM Speedway Blog
  • Like 1