British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
speedibee

Which Team Will Be The First To Drop A Draft Pick ?

They'll probably put out some story saying it was Smart's decision to step down, and they'll hand pick guests from other teams on a horses for courses basis.

Maybe it will be Smart's decision - can't imagine he's enjoying it.

Or thats what we will be told.

• Like 1

I can't imagine a lot of the lesser reserves are really enjoying it that much either as well as it must be destroying their confidence with every meeting.

• Like 1

Our reserves at birmingham are so far tailed off when not against another reserve it's pointless there closer to been lapped than catching a rider....

Our reserves at birmingham are so far tailed off when not against another reserve it's pointless there closer to been lapped than catching a rider....

At least you'll get a good pick next season.

But then again I bet teams will suddenly make the decent riders assetts by then.

• Like 2

I can't imagine a lot of the lesser reserves are really enjoying it that much either as well as it must be destroying their confidence with every meeting.

They only have to really do their jobs in Heats 2 & 9 tho.

Edited by stevebrum

A lot of travelling to do though Steve for 2 heats when all you're fighting for is 3rd place.

A lot of travelling to do though Steve for 2 heats when all you're fighting for is 3rd place.

If your only job is to beat your opposite number then it should give them plenty to feel its worth the effort.

Some of the NL standard riders are beating better riders - Ben Morley for one and Joe Jacobs as another.

Or thats what we will be told.

Well it doesn't matter if true or not. Your minds made up and it hasn't happened, yet!

Eay to say their crap, Why not get on the bike yourselves?

Ben Reade is trying his hardest so to say he's out of his depth is extremely unfair.

If you knew the amount of hours Ben puts into his speedway then you wouldn't dare utter a bad word against his name.

Michael Jepsen Jensen rode like a novice on his Panthers debut, Lahti rode like a novice for the whole season. Young riders need time but most importantly, they need moral support.

Edited by KingKennyBjerre

Ben Reade has looked particularly out of his depth so far but Belle Vue usually give their riders opportunity to come good rather than chop and change all the time like some other teams.

• Like 1

Who is on the cards to replace Smart ? Shame that even the great Middlo couldnt get anything out of Smart. I thought he prided himself on being able to get the best out of a rider.

Didn't manage it with Daniel Davidsson despite certain Poole fans saying he would be much better looked after than at Coventry and they would get him going. Wonder how long he lasted? I can't remember but I doubt if it was long.

Who is on the cards to replace Smart ? Shame that even the great Middlo couldnt get anything out of Smart. I thought he prided himself on being able to get the best out of a rider.

Never got the best out of Doyle, that was all thanks to Swindon

But a 10-2 can make or break a meeting.

Lee smart is 26 now

Hardly young and upcoming is he ?, I haven't looked in detail at the draft, but I can't imagine there's many over 22.