British Speedway Forum
Mjolnir

Wolverhampton V Lakeside - Elb 28/04/14

Jepsen Jensen's first visit to Monmore returned 14 points, Bech has a long way to go before he matches King Michael

There's a good boy, go away now the grown ups are talking.

• Like 5

The usual crap...

I've just joined www.familyresearcher.co.uk/‎ www.searchyourpast.co.uk/‎ and www.family-history-researcher.co.uk/‎

Can anyone suggest any other sites that can help establish a link between Liam Gallagher and Scandinavian speedway? There just has to be a connection somewhere.....

Edited by The Pedaler
  • Like 2

I see Bridger has tweeted that his head isn't in the right place, says he's depressed ....

Terrible from Lewis tonight - only completing one race (at the back) just isn't good enough.

Fantastic scores for Pawlicki and Wells - the Wolves fans must love watching them at the moment! Another bad night for Tai though - hopefully he'll get his bike issues sorted out soon.

Bridger didn't complete any of his three races and disappeared after his third. Was seen talking to Jonah after the meeting still wearing his kevlars. Hope he gets things sorted as he can be a real entertainer

As for Tai - He will get things sorted in the next few weeks and back to his usual self but as he said tonight, mentally, physically and back up crew are spot on and he can handle the pressure of being World Champion ...... he will sort it

I see Bridger has tweeted that his head isn't in the right place, says he's depressed ....

Cricketers footballers boxers so why not a speedway rider? I wish him well.

Should be interesting at Rye tomorrow, the 2nd british semi with Tai and Lewis the top men on paper in an average field compared to the other semi final. I wonder what will happen?

Called it wrong.

Nowt wrong with Tai`s confidence.

Not what he said in one of todays papers,"i want to get the confidence back".

Still thinking all of those knocks are playing on his mind though.Its important no one gets on his back(unlike Shovlar)and give him time to get over his problems.

We got out of jail last night but a good performance by everyone but Tai who by his own admission had another off night.

I don't profess to know lots about a speedway bike and its set up but it is starting to get a bit monotonous hearing Tai tell us that he knows exactly what is wrong and he is going to get it fixed but nothing seems to improve. It can't be rocket science to sort it out if you know what is wrong but nothing seems to improve so perhaps there is more to it than he is letting on.

I also think we were a trifle fortunate that the second reserves race was stopped before the riders had crossed to complete 2 laps and was not awarded when Joe fell with both of the Hammers well in front.

Wolfie

• Like 1

How did we pull that out the bag??

The Hammers came looking to steal against the way below form of our World Champ.

From the off it seemed it was going to be the Hammers night and with 5 heats left had pulled back ahead by 4 with at least 3 rides from PK to come.

However i don't know what was said before the break because we came back fighting big time.

However step forward the stars of the night Pawlicki and Wells who were just immense for us tonight. Both thoroughly deserved there heat 15 nomination. Don`t think i have ever seen Ricky ride with such force and power.

The track was prepared immaculate tonight as the times showed what a bit of dirt can do. Heat 1 was so close to the Fast Freddie all time best.

The Hammers were generally sharp and smart out of the gate and we really need to step that up in the coming weeks as it seems at the moment we are carrying a number one.

Great weather too, crowd was up on the Aces match.

The Hammers thoroughly earned a valuable point tonight but with the position they had put themselves in will feel mightily unhappy to not have taken more.

ANOTHER dropped point at home. Once Tai is sorted we will need some away wins to make up for those lost points................. that's in the coming weeks and months i hope.

But for now well done the boys on another back against the wall performance.

WOLVES

TAI - big engine blow in heat 1, bottling out of corners on the opening bends. Looked quicker in Heat 13. Repeated his words again on the victory parade that he said at the Polish GP. GET IT SORTED CHAMP, we need you big time. 1/5

JACOB - Had a slow night until a vital win just when we needed it in Heat 12. Still a solid nights scoring. 2.5/5

TY - Couldn't hold Watt off in heat 3 and had a slice of good fortune in Heat 6 when PK got out of shape in the opening bend and as good as gifting us the points. Was helped big time by Piotr in the 11th. Announced he has signed for Sheffield tonight so it looks the the Swedish contract is out the window. He needs more racing and now he can start getting back some sharpness that is slowly coming thru, particularly at home.2.5/5

RICKY - Immense night. His battles with Watt and PK were superb all out effort. Looking quick and so comfortable on the bike right now. 4.5/5 MOTM

PIOTR - Another superb night as he is fast becoming the new king of Monmore. Taking yet more huge EL scalps and his pass on the master of Monmore was effortless. Sublime talent in front of our eyes. 4.5/5

JOE - tough night for him. Wasn't blaming his injury and hopes to get back to where he started in the first few weeks. Never in the hunt. 0/5

ASH - Outdone in both reserves and generally the poor man to Worrall until he took the pressure in heat 14 and made a neat pass on the 3rd bend of his nemesis. Kept the pressure with Worrall chasing and held on for an oh so vital point. 2/5

HAMMERS

PK - Super quick in the opener but then not quite as sharp after. Turned out to be his only race win. Held his cool nerve in the final heat under huge pressure from Wells. 2/5

LAWSON - A solid showing and more than did his job. Beat Woffy and Proctor. 3.5/5

WATT - Superb until the final heat when after 5 races cold he was not set up right for the 15th. Otherwise a classy night. 4/5

BECH - I think i`m right in saying its his first meeting at the track? Took a great win in his 2nd heat and pushed Ricky hard in the 14th with the track a little slicker. 2.5/5

BRIDGER - OH DEAR. An awful night for Lewis. Never finished a race, did 2 laps in 2 heats and 3 in his final outing. Unlucky in Heat 6 when PK left him with no option but to shut off. My real bug bear with riders is not bothering to complete races if under power and Lewis couldnt be bothered to finish any of his heats and was deservedly pulled out of Heat 13. A truly off night at the office. 0/5

MORLEY - Was impressed with his effort and gating. took a 100% over his opposite number. 2/5

WORRALL - It is clear why he is in such popular demand as a guest right now. More than adequate guest for Ellis and the most dominant reserve by far. 3.5/5

Thanks for a reasonable and unbiased report that helps those of us that weren't there to get a flavour of the meeting. Why do we never get that sort of match report from Poole ?

Thanks for a reasonable and unbiased report that helps those of us that weren't there to get a flavour of the meeting. Why do we never get that sort of match report from Poole ?

Thanks El Adidio, i always like to try and be fair and call it as i see it.

Can understand that Lewis is having problems what I can't understand is why in his 3rd ride did he continued to pull wheelies on the straights for all 4 laps while trailing the rest by half a lap.After pulling into the pits in his first 2 races before they were completed it gave the impression rightly or wrongly that he wasn't too bothered.

Can understand that Lewis is having problems what I can't understand is why in his 3rd ride did he continued to pull wheelies on the straights for all 4 laps while trailing the rest by half a lap.After pulling into the pits in his first 2 races before they were completed it gave the impression rightly or wrongly that he wasn't too bothered.

It would perhaps help if he takes his head out of his ar$e.

• Like 1

He didn't complete 4 laps in any of his 3 rides.

2 laps in his first 2 and 3 in his 3rd.

there are good poole fans out there its just the usual 1 or 2 that make them all look like clowns.

shovvys match report often has to be read twice just to actually realise how shocking it is.

Wolves in my opinion will make the top 4. Once Tai gets going and there may be room to play on the averages they can fly up the league

there are good poole fans out there its just the usual 1 or 2 that make them all look like clowns.

shovvys match report often has to be read twice just to actually realise how shocking it is.

Wolves in my opinion will make the top 4. Once Tai gets going and there may be room to play on the averages they can fly up the league

Thanks for the vote of confidence in us. However I cannot see any team changes as, at the moment, no one out of the top 5 deserves to be dropped. Also Wolves aren't that type of club. I am really liking Pawlicki and Wells has done a great job so far.