British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Craftman

Who Gets The Biggest Attendances ? Who Gets The Worst ?

Wolves were well supported don't think as much these days would be nice to get the figures put in program on a weekly bases.

One Peterborough meeting last year had more flags down the back straight than fans..but then the poles love their speedway.

• Like 2

I visited the EOES on a fairly regular basis a couple of years ago. There is no way they had anything like 1000 fans in the stadium. A half full grandstand and a handful of fans on the back straight.

Poole have been the best supported in recent years. Swindon were averaging around 1,200 the year before last.

I visited the EOES on a fairly regular basis a couple of years ago. There is no way they had anything like 1000 fans in the stadium. A half full grandstand and a handful of fans on the back straight.

The stand at Peterborough holds 2200. If it was half full there would be 1100 there ;)

The crowds at the Shabbey stadium have certainly fallen since Leigh Adams left, used to get 4-5000 plus for the Grand Finals and big meetings, about 1400-1500 since then, unless Poole are visiting, which adds another 1000 on, a lot different from the 5000 plus average in the 60s/70s/early 80s, when sometimes they had bigger crowds than STFC. That bumper lock-out crowd for the Golden Helmet in 79 was around16-17000, will be lucky to get that for whole season's league meetings this year!

Think Worky's average crowds have gone from about 1200 10 years ago, when I used to go, to 7-800 now.

Couldn't have been more than 200 when I went to IOW a few years ago, then went out of business when it went down to 100-150. Guy said they were getting 600 average when in PL.

Edited by Les Cargot

The brummies don't get the lowest crowd in the el ...its very hard to say but would I be right to assume there is approx 300 who watch from inside up in the restraunt area ? If that's approx correct we must be around the 1000 mark every week ... maybe I'm way off but last season in the summer we was well over that mark all the time

So who does get the lowest crowd I always thought it was Birmingham by hear say

So who does get the lowest crowd I always thought it was Birmingham by hear say

I'm not familiar with that song but I know hear say did Pure and Simple and a few others :wink:

• Like 3

I'm not familiar with that song but I know hear say did Pure and Simple and a few others :wink:

The way to your love possibly the other :wink:

Am I right in thinking, the reasons behind the attendance figures being secret, relate to all the Taxes , VAT and fiddles. Shame really cos it would make interesting reading how figures compare on a regular basis, and to be able to understand the finances involved where top meetings were concerned.

• Like 1

Am I right in thinking, the reasons behind the attendance figures being secret, relate to all the Taxes , VAT and fiddles. Shame really cos it would make interesting reading how figures compare on a regular basis, and to be able to understand the finances involved where top meetings were concerned.

I can confirm that. I know one ex promoter that used to put a third of his cash takings in his special suitcase, and that never went near a bank or accountant..

• Like 1

You joker you give me jokes lol

I can confirm that. I know one ex promoter that used to put a third of his cash takings in his special suitcase, and that never went near a bank or accountant..

Perm any one from 20+!!!!

(Excepting those that are making a loss of course??!!!) :wink::P

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1