British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Wolves V Poole Ela 5/5/14

With the current unpredictable form of Woffinden and Proctor I am not of a mind to predict a score, but we should have enough in hand for the win.

• Like 2

We've had some brilliant performances from Pitor Pawlicki and Ricky Wells so far, I really hope we can get all three from this but with that will depend on Tai and Joe Jacobs.

For the pirates, looking forward to seeing how Milik takes to the smaller track. Shamek Pawlicki has good record and is quite brutal at times, unlike Magic who seems to ride smooth but doesn't look particularly interested.

51-39 is my instinct. But we shall see!

You obviously not take notice of results, we just manage to beat Birmingham and now we are suddenly going to win at Wolves when at least 2 of our riders struggle there. Do me a favour.

:icon_smile_clown:

Easy home win 60-30 ish. Poole are rubbish this year with TWO flakey poles and a bouncing Czech!!!!!

With the current unpredictable form of Woffinden and Proctor I am not of a mind to predict a score, but we should have enough in hand for the win.

If the drop down to second string can get Proctor going - and it's not impossible, alongside signing for Sheffield - Wolves could actually find themselves looking quite handy once Woffy sorts himself out as he inevitably will. Kinda hoping Proctor sucks - can't being having Wolves doing well now can we?! :P

Woffinden isn't struggling, This is the real Tai Woffinden.

Last year, He was on extremely quick bikes passing riders on the back straight with ease.

Last season Tai was exceptional but even before that he was an 8+ rider and at present he is way below that ...... but he will soon be back on form although it may take a week or two to sort things out and get him back to his 2013 form.

Pirates travel to Monmore on Monday night for an ELA meeting.

Pirates new boy Milik has never seen the place and will probably be horrified. Magic has proved after several visits he can't get around the place.

Should be a very easy straight forward three points to Wolves.

Thoughts?

Magic scored just 3+1 from 8 rides at Monmore last season but in 2012 he scored 6 from 4 incliding two wins (one over Freddie) however his last showing at Monmore was in the Joe Hughes meeting and he looked alot more stable and scored 7 from 5 rides.

Milik hasn't got going on away tracks so far and Wolves will be hard for him as our second strings in Wells and Thorssell are riding well and scoring big points so it will be hard to see him score too much while Grajczonek failed to score last season here for Poole but scored 10+1 from 7 for Kings Lynn at the start of the season ...... but can he beat the in form Wells and Thorssell this time ?

Holder can ride anywhere and although on current form he should be capable of beating Tai, his battles with Piotr Pawlicki will be interesting as the teenager has already beat and passed Iversen, PK and Nicholls this season but the interesting rides will be when he meets up with his bro who looked very quick here in the seasonal opener scoring 10 from 5.

Although I think Poole are one of the teams to beat this season, I think Wolves will be much better suited in this one and can see Wolves getting a 51-42 win with Peter Pan flying to a maximum.

Not sure yet who the 2 Poole reserves will be as Newman did not ride for Plymouth last night after taking another fall at Poole on Wednesday and admitting he'd come back too soon!! Still no news on the Smart replacement?!

Well thee really was no need for Kyle to come back so quickly from what was a nasty smash. Would rather use a fit guest than an injured rider any day.

So probably two reserve guests tomorrow at Wolves. Matt needs to pick carefully. Wright has done a good job for us but not sure he is great around there. Garrity might be a good choice if available. His average is below Kyles now. As for the other berth not very much choice at all, and it will be that way for the rest of the season.

Wolves were rubbish last night at Eastbourne but I don't expect them to lose this one. If we can get a point it will be an achievement.

Wright has done a good job for us but not sure he is great around there

Wolves were rubbish last night at Eastbourne but I don't expect them to lose this one. If we can get a point it will be an achievement.

Scores of 12 and 15 last season riding for Buxton. So more than adequate.

If Poole cant get a point at a team who have an under performing number one then they don't deserve to be classed as one of the better teams this year.

Backlash here, I feel. Wolverhampton to run riot,

Scores of 12 and 15 last season riding for Buxton. So more than adequate.

If Poole cant get a point at a team who have an under performing number one then they don't deserve to be classed as one of the better teams this year.

If Wolves can't get 3 points at home against a team who have an underperforming replacement number one then they don't deserve to be classed as one of the better teams this year. :wink::D

Edited by Skidder1

If Wolves can't get 3 points at home against a team who have an underperforming replacement number one then they don't deserve to be classed as one of the better teams this year. :wink::D

Underperforming.......................... or average reducing???? Jury is out on that one. :D

Just waiting for the usual `Holder hates Monmore so we will be well beaten` tripe from the main Poole excuser tho.

Underperforming.......................... or average reducing???? Jury is out on that one. :D

Just waiting for the usual `Holder hates Monmore so we will be well beaten` tripe from the main Poole excuser tho.

But they would all be wrong then.Holder has said on more than one occasion that he enjoys comming to Monmore.

But they would all be wrong then.Holder has said on more than one occasion that he enjoys comming to Monmore.

It was meant to be a tongue in cheek comment tho anyway. ;)