British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Belle Vue Aces V King's Lynn Stars 12/05/14

Im six miles from the track, had some more heavy rain this morning but at the moment is dry but overcast.

Max Clegg is guesting I understand for Lee Payne tonight didn't have the best meeting for Leicester the other week but seems to have a bit more confidence now.

Now brightening up and drying out, sun coming out, forecast is for it to improve from now with the chance of a few showers.

It Don't sound too optimistic . Fingers crossed

Blue skies now and drying quickly.

apparently track held up not bad but does depend on any more rain. Hopefully it won't be to bad.

It was isolated showers this morning. Let's hope it missed the track

Not rained since this morning and road/pavements have dried up. There as been wind aswell so hopefully track will be ok

It is going overcast though as I type. Hopefully just passing over

Meeting G off

We have had no rain for 4 hours. So why was it not called off at 9 this morning after the rain or wait till later on as riders are already flying now.

Unless we had to wait for a bspa official to call it off which we didn't for swindon

There was some heavy rain showers yesterday and some more in early hours but this morning been ok. If track was bad should have called it off first thing this morning before riders started flying in. Last thing we needed as I can see us struggling to fit in home meetings before the cut off

Just been on the Official site, no mention of a call off yet, as usual late with any announcement. Considering we have had over 60mm of rain in the last 48 hours, this meeting should have been called off first thing this morning. lets hope no Kings Lynn fan has left home already.

Reading this article below from the EDP, maybe NKI wont be unhappy tonight is off.

Starting on Saturday (May 10) I’m riding in a pairs’ meeting in Germany, on Sunday I’m in Poland, on Monday I’m at Manchester (Belle Vue), on Tuesday I’m in Sweden, on Wednesday I’m in Lynn, on Thursday I’ve got the Danish championships, on Friday I’ve got the GP practice in Finland, on Saturday I’ve got the GP and on Sunday I’ll travel home. It’ll probably be the busiest week of my season.

- Niels-Kristian Iversen was talking to Gavin Caney.

Rain very localised apparently, bright sunshine where I am in Manchester but pouring down couple of miles away.

That's schedule and a half! But it's his job....

Too many meetings getting called off now, fans lose interest, potential new fans never get to see Speedway, losing its credibility as a pro sport...... Some tracks worse than others and absolutely no consistency in rain offs.

Cricket used to be the most rain effected sport, they've managed to improve the % of matches played.. why oh why can't Speedway? Thought dirt deflectors were added partly to aid rider vision?

Let's see if the old saying 'absence makes the heart grow fonder' works for speedway, ought to if it's an attractive fixture which I'm sure fans must have thought this was!

UP THE STARS ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ V ♧♧♧♧♧♧♧ handy emoticons!!