British Speedway Forum
Rob B

Belle Vue V Lakeside 9/6/14

With the damp weather about I can see a gaters track tonight which will play into the Hammers hands and see all and sundry complaining about the crap entertainment on Sky.

As with all Elite matches it will be he who gates wins and Aces can't gate for toffee.

41-49 to Hammers with yet more dissatisfaction for the viewers.

Look out for me on tele I'll give you all a wave.

If Berwick gets rained off early, would the riders be released to ride for their clubs?

Absolutely no chance of an early rain off - just look how long they waited on Saturday.

Will be desperate to get the meeting on

• Like 1

The big difference is that Richard can gate and Robbo can't. Everyone at Lakeside loves Robbo and he has been a great servant of the club but Richard is the man on form right now and, it's difficult to think of anyone on his sort of average that could do an equivalent job.

Well said. Some people seem to be completely unaware of Lawson's form this season, in both leagues.

I would think bet365 would make Lakeside the favourites now but I will certainly be putting money on.

Bridger and Lawson are in the main line-up at Berwick now. That is why they have been refused permission to ride for there British teams tonight :t:

Not quite - refusal was given by FIM before the two withdrawals that now put both in the competition proper.

Barker or Morris are going to be guesting in place of Cook tonight ouch! Harris, King and Korneliussen etc are riding elsewhere.

Harris and Korneliussen are not allowed to guest for a D/U anyway.

Not quite - refusal was given by FIM before the two withdrawals that now put both in the competition proper.

At least they will actually be riding while they're unavailable for us though - that makes it slightly less irritating.

Edited by Mjolnir

Barker or Morris are going to be guesting in place of Cook tonight ouch! Harris, King and Korneliussen etc are riding elsewhere.

Are you sure ;)

As I said earlier lakeside will win

Edited by Phil The Ace

Any updates on the weather or is it Skysports sunshine at Kirky Lane?

Thunder lightning and raining. Should clear up a little bit later

Who are the Berwick withdrawals?

Thunder lightning and raining. Should clear up a little bit later

There is a window between 3PM and 9PM in the rain so provided the rain beforehand doesnt do too much damage and they get a move on with the meeting there is a chance it will go ahead, has the look of another ten heater if it does!!!!

Toby Kroner and Daniel Gapmair. They both been suddenly taken "ill "and are unable to ride . Let's wish them all,the best for a speedy recovery by..er..tomorrow (!)

Daniel Gappmaier and Tobias Kroner who have withdrawn due to illness.

Daniel Gappmaier and Tobias Kroner who have withdrawn due to illness.

Well, the British Summer has been known to make many people ill :wink:

• Like 1