British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stevethelion

Leicester V Swindon Saturday June 21st

Looks like dirty tactics from Leicester telling Swindon the meeting would moved so that Swindon didn't look for guests which meant Leicester had no competition to sign them up.

As much as I am a lions fan & we desperately need the points i don't like cheats which is what Leicester have done.

• Like 2

Looks like dirty tactics from Leicester telling Swindon the meeting would moved so that Swindon didn't look for guests which meant Leicester had no competition to sign them up.

As much as I am a lions fan & we desperately need the points i don't like cheats which is what Leicester have done.

Are you surprised with Hemsley in "charge"!
  • Like 1

I would understand Leicester's stance on this if we were both battling for the play off's. But we are both gash and aren't going to make the top 4 so surely all they are doing is robbing the paying public, especially the season ticket holders, of a good match with 2 full strength teams. RR at number 1 for us just sums it all up. Shocking and yet another reason why this is the worst season in the 30 years i've been following speedway.

Spot on Coombdog..

The Leicester promotion should be charged with 'bringing the sport into disrepute' with their attitude and shenanigans over this meeting !

I hope no one at all bothers to go...(anyone who does is being ripped off)...

• Like 1

No wonder British Speedway is a laughing stock, when the promotors can't work together and provide a meeting that both sets of fans want to attend, plus casual fans, but would rather get a guaranteed home win infront of one man and his dog.

• Like 1

Spot on Coombdog..

The Leicester promotion should be charged with 'bringing the sport into disrepute' with their attitude and shenanigans over this meeting !

I hope no one at all bothers to go...(anyone who does is being ripped off)...

Not just this meeting - claiming that what is being done is "speedway" week after week has been disreputable for over 3 years now

• Like 2

Wouldn't you say it's more to do with the fact that with postponments the Lions would have have had 1 home meeting in 8 weeks as the next home meet is in July now.

No wonder British Speedway is a laughing stock, when the promotors can't work together and provide a meeting that both sets of fans want to attend, plus casual fans, but would rather get a guaranteed home win infront of one man and his dog.

Not even the dog will attend this one so it's just one man. :P Dogs are banned at Leicester.

• Like 1

Speedway is dying and the Powers that be are oblivious to this fact and will allow this farce of a meeting to go ahead. May be football needs to follow these steps and get Rooney to play for Chelsea and Everton and Man City, and Aston Villa, and Spurs and oh yes his normal team Man United now and again. Never have I been so dispondent about our great sport as I have this season with far too many stupid changes and rules and every rider changing clubs each week it seems and most teams using guest and guest and guest and guest. The most bizarre rule has to be the result standing after ten heats with 25 points still up for grabs. It seems to be the season of Monty Python type actions by clowns who would be better off joining a circus than ruining one of our favourite but dying sports. Speedway needs massive changes and Elite league has become the laughing stock with young kids thrown in like lambs to the slaughter where many are just trying too hard and getting themselves hurt. Elite league more like nursery school and how dare they con the public with a watered down product yet charge full price for the privalege. Yes some fast track riders will prosper but many are getting hurt and many others just not ready for this level of riding. Just how Brits like Auty and Birks can not get team places in Elite teams yet riders way below their levels can, now that situation is clearly wrong in my view. Elite speedway needs to run on one single night say a Monday and lets see the teams that are formed for each club instead of guest, guest, and guest. Come on BSPA major surgery required please.

• Like 5

Surely its time elite league had its own race night. Lets stop being too british whilst employing riders whose main income comes from mainland Europe. All teams race on the same night. I believe all fans would still turn up. Especially if all the top team riders are available!!. We love our racing but are fed up with being short changed. We really have to be more inclusive of the BIGGER speedway family

I like the idea of the same race night for all teams, but as this would mean a home meeting every two weeks instead of every week would it be possible to have two race nights a week which would alternate between home and away i.e. Monday & Thursday? I am sure the devil is in the detail but maybe it could work for the EL without cutting across PL?

If effective change is to be made, a governing body shouldn't be formed from among the promoters, it should be independent and above and free from promoters' own vested and often conflicting interests. The current Leicester/Swindon situation could have been quickly arbitrated upon, which would have been a binding decision, compulsorily accepted by both parties and no dummy-spitting.

I think the bigger problem is that we seem to have guests riding in place of the guest who couldn't get to the, meeting because he just realised that he was guesting somewhere else but then found out that he was riding in a GP qualifier on the same night.

They ride far to many races for so many other clubs and around the world, that they will all be burned out by the age of 30, if they manage to get that far along the line.

Time to slow slow down guys and lets start having a bit of commitment to your home clubs.

• Like 1

I think the bigger problem is that we seem to have guests riding in place of the guest who couldn't get to the, meeting because he just realised that he was guesting somewhere else but then found out that he was riding in a GP qualifier on the same night.

They ride far to many races for so many other clubs and around the world, that they will all be burned out by the age of 30, if they manage to get that far along the line.

Time to slow slow down guys and lets start having a bit of commitment to your home clubs.

For 'commitment' read 'money', and it just ain't there!!!

Not an attractive proposition in the slightest :

http://leicesterlions.co/leicester-v-swindon-preview/

The Swindon Robins are Saturday’s visitors to the Jordan Road Surfacing Stadium but it will be a much changed line-up for both teams who are without certain key riders. The Robins have two of their seven riders unavailable because captain Troy Batchelor and Peter Kildemand are appearing at the Gorcian Stadium in Croatia where they are competing in a semi-final of the Grand Prix Challenge. The Wiltshire club have called upon the Lakeside rider Davey Watt to guest for them in place of Batchelor and have elected to cover for Kildemand’s absence by sharing his rides out amongst his team-mates.

Whilst Swindon are missing two riders, the Rapid Solicitors Lions are without three from the main body of the team as on the same day Mads Korneliussen, Jason Doyle and new signing Nikolai Klindt will be competing in the second semi-final of the Grand Prix Challenge qualifying competition at Czestochowa in Poland. The Polish track has happy memories for Klindt who was crowned the Under-19 European Champion there in 2007.

The seven highest scorers from each semi-final will progress to a final at Lonigo in Northern Italy and from there the prize for the top three riders is a place in next season’s Grand Prix competition. “It is unfortunate that both teams will be without star riders as we are both paying for their success in the competition. I am pleased with our trio of guests who have all shown good form at Leicester and I just hope that we have chosen wisely as we are in urgent need of a win” stated the Lions Team Manager Norrie Allan.

Leicester have named Eastbourne rider Bjarne Pedersen as the replacement for Doyle and Rory Schlein, who was joint top scorer for the Lions at Lakeside on Friday, will deputise for Korneliussen. At number four, Ashley Birks, will take the place of Klindt and he faces Swindon the team he rode for last season before picking up an injury.

Teams

Leicester: 1. Bjarne Pedersen, 2. Simon Stead, 3. Rory Schlein, 4. Ashley Birks, 5. Krzysztof Buczkowski, 6. Josh Bates and 7. Max Clegg

Swindon: 1. Rider Replacement, 2. Dakota North, 3. Nick Morris, 4. Simon Gustafsson, 5. Davey Watt, 6. Nathan Greaves and 7. Steven Worrall

With members of the Leicester track staff apparently going to Kasabian's open air gig in Victoria Park on Saturday night (Plus how many Lions fans anyway ?), the not only sensible, but also decent thing, to do is re-arrange this fixture for another date. If, as I strongly expect, this meeting goes ahead on Saturday, Dave Hemsley only has himself to blame if the crowd is poor.

• Like 2

What a joke this sport has become & all to finish out of the bottom 2 is all both teams have to play for anyway.

Can only see a 20 point home win as r/r at No 1 never works.

Hang your head in shame both Leicester promotors & the authorities who have allowed this too happen.

Edited by Crazy robin
  • Like 3