British Speedway Forum
Boobs

Berwick Vs Redcar (saturday 21st)

I love how when people are debating with someone they have a different opinion too, they use there first name, like they get an orgasm thinking they are some forum super sleuth.... :) look at me, look at me :)

Or, it might be because they actually know each other in real life?

I know that sounds completely loopy, but it might just be possible...

• Like 1

the statement, although eliciting sympathy amongst those who might read it, does not offer any kind of refutation and clears nothing up. Having said that its probably best to move on.

• Like 3

He states a lot of things but not all are true

What!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Never possible, are you trying to break my heart. :D

I love how when people are debating with someone they have a different opinion too, they use there first name, like they get an orgasm thinking they are some forum super sleuth.... :) look at me, look at me :)

But that would never happen on this forum, no attention seekers here. :oops:

the statement, although eliciting sympathy amongst those who might read it, does not offer any kind of refutation and clears nothing up. Having said that its probably best to move on.

It appears -- and we do not wish to breach confidences -- he is experiencing acute personal emotional problems which were severely compounded by a family telephone call during the meeting, which affected him to such an extent he felt no longer able to carry out his official duties.

http://www.berwickbandits.co/article/bandits-boss-apologises

It does actually. The forum/social culture and the need to know every detail is quite repulsive.

I would agree with you 100%.well worded statement,but like I feel it is probably time put the matter to rest. Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

An excellent, well worded statement, and its to John Anderson`s credit he has issued an explanation of Saturday night. It seems the paramedic who covered Saturdays meeting is/was suffering personnel issues, what ever those are have nothing to do with anyone apart from the paramedic himself, so I don't think it would do anyone any good to speculate.

I think its fair to say the events of last are unlikely to ever happen again, in terms of rider takes ill closely followed by a paramedic, but the issue for me is the delays and time taking up from treating an injured rider. The statement suggests that Berwick Speedway would love an extra paramedic or doctor present, that of course would keep the meeting going. As I understand things it is more logistics than financial that would get us a much needed extra medical cover. Though for me if the Promotion are looking to off set an extra paramedic by way of financial incentive I`m sure we would be willing to contribute, for example put 50p on to the programme, maybe a doctor or paramedic would come for a free night at the speedway and a few pound notes in their pocket, might never be needed but if they were then they are there ready to take over till the first paramedic is able to resume his position.

Its a thorny issue, but hoe many customers could Berwick Speedway potentially lose of the delays continue.

Hopefully we can get that extra medical cover, as the statement says everything else is in place medical wise.

It's taken me all morning to catch up with this thread alone. ENOUGH, on a subject that is pure speculation..

Why, are we not talking about the badly prepared track, which was the primary cause of the accident between Liam & Mathew. The result,was what caused the hold up, we were lucky the County Ambulance was still in situ. The track in general has been very good this season, I can only think of one as bad about 4 weeks ago, what ever had been done this season to improve the track preparation, get back to doing it and fast. No excuses for that track on Saturday, good weather, no football.

There was no speedway, or anything else as far as I know, at Shielfield since the GP Qualifier meeting two weeks ago, so I was expecting the track to be in tip top condition, sadly that was not the case. The tracks has generally been very good this season, with the track staff rightly receiving praise for their efforts, and the racing has been decent to. Saturday was a lurch back to the bad old days of last season where some riders struggled to adapt to the track conditions. Whatever they were doing earlier this season to get the track so good they need to get back to doing this week in preparation for Saturday night.

• Like 2

As usual, you make fair point but I do think the consequences of not having adequate cover need to be considered. Incidents like the one at Workington - where the meeting was called off prior to heat 10 - are rare but the cost to the promotion of re-running that meeting would probably pay for additional cover for an entire season.

The effect on fans also needs to be considered. As a die hard, I find it annoying but just about tolerable. A newbie, though, sat around waiting for ages - at Rye House last year, it was about 90 minutes delay - would probably be put off altogether and to those who are already becoming disenchanted it would merely hasten their departure.

Just because he looked drunk doesn't mean he was drunk and its extremely serious to make such an allegation without knowing it for sure. It could easily be that his behaviour was due to illness.

He almost certainly wasn't swigging medical alcohol during the meeting, so if what Lawson has said is true he must have been inebriated before hand. You would have thought that others would have noticed it and reported it to the match referee given the potentially lethal consequences.

Screm is right. This needs to be looked into and a public announcement made. As with the 'health and safety' issue at Peterborough, I somehow doubt if that will happen - especially if it reflects badly on the promotion.

If it is the case that Lawson is wrong, he should be heavily fined.

He very well could be - if this ends up in Court.

• Like 2

To start with Mr Lawson deserves to receive the same punishment from the SCB as Sam Masters received for a lesser offence

• Like 2

I love how people try to figure out if a poster is Dick Barrie when he clearly states that he doesn't use the forum!

or Facebook isn't that right fanny Langley ,Charlotte McKinley and Arthur Steele Edited by Goodiepatchie
  • Like 2

or Facebook isn't that right fanny Langley ,Charlotte McKinley and Arthur Steele

No..you don't mean...well I cant believe it.

Never mind an investigation into last saturday, I think we have found a far more serious issue that needs looking at.

To start with Mr Lawson deserves to receive the same punishment from the SCB as Sam Masters received for a lesser offence

we do not know that Lawson was wrong therefore we do not know of any offence

i don't want to go on about it because the paramedic clearly had problems but i repeat that the statement does not refute any allegations so the chances of Lawson being punished or it ending up in court are nil and we should now move on

people trying to 'score points' for their point of view and by extension their team are only exacerbating the situation. Move on if only for the sake of the individual with problems that are not our business

• Like 4

A comprehensive statement has been made by the club, I think we should show some respect for the guy who was taken ill.

On a separate note, it looks from the latest Bandits' newsletter that the club are planning some form of recompense for the fans?

• Like 2

A comprehensive statement has been made by the club, I think we should show some respect for the guy who was taken ill.

On a separate note, it looks from the latest Bandits' newsletter that the club are planning some form of recompense for the fans?

Which is why the Berwick Promotion are held in such high regard.

Sad to see Matej Kus will miss our trips to Sheffield and Somerset, could be a crucial factor at Sheffield in particular in the KOC.

• Like 1

Which is why the Berwick Promotion are held in such high regard.

Sad to see Matej Kus will miss our trips to Sheffield and Somerset, could be a crucial factor at Sheffield in particular in the KOC.

I think it reads he could return if medically cleared?

Riders with non-speedway injury are automatically sidelined for 7 days for pretty obvious reasons.

However, Management Committee can over-ride this regulation if it is felt there is no suggestion of malpractice.