British Speedway Forum
Boobs

Berwick Vs Redcar (saturday 21st)

Completely missed the point there.

Obviously due to them getting a full understanding of the events, and posting up a very good response.

ok :)
  • Like 1

It appears -- and we do not wish to breach confidences -- he is experiencing acute personal emotional problems which were severely compounded by a family telephone call during the meeting, which affected him to such an extent he felt no longer able to carry out his official duties.

http://www.berwickbandits.co/article/bandits-boss-apologises

It does actually. The forum/social culture and the need to know every detail is quite repulsive.

Actually I would like to know the details! Especially whether the seriousness of the 'emotional problems' may have resulted in some 'dutch courage' being self prescribed.

Utter nonsense. Read the Berwick statement and show a bit of respect.

Actually I am {as many on here are} still waiting for a clear statement 'he had not been drinking and was not under the influence of' from the Berwick management.

• Like 1

Ok time to put a lid on this I think its been done to death now , normal service needs to be resumed , can we get back to arguing about the state of the track or which rider is for the chop this week ?

There is no argument about the track, last Saturday it was poor.

• Like 2

Ok time to put a lid on this I think

Its a shame the Doc didnt keep the lid on it on Saturday eh!!!

Actually I would like to know the details! Especially whether the seriousness of the 'emotional problems' may have resulted in some 'dutch courage' being self prescribed.

if you are one of the people who get their thrills from knowing peoples personal problems watch Jeremy Kyle, that show as made for people like you. In this instance it is pretty clear that what is going on in the person involveds life is absolutely none of your business.

Edited by sparkafag
  • Like 1

if you are one of the people who get their thrills from knowing peoples personal problems watch Jeremy Kyle, that show as made for people like you. In this instance it is pretty clear that what is going on in the person involveds life is absolutely none of your business.

I think about time the site moderators closed this section on the meeting 21st June, rightly or wrongly it has gone on long enough.

Actually I am {as many on here are} still waiting for a clear statement 'he had not been drinking and was not under the influence of' from the Berwick management.

Dont suppose they even know?

• Like 1

bigeddiecheck the only nonsense is you being completely biased to the management. The fact the alcohol issue isn't mentioned in the statement doesn't help clear the matter up in my opinion. PM me & we will discuss this further Saturday if you like because i am coming up for the Peterborough meeting.

bigeddiecheck the only nonsense is you being completely biased to the management. The fact the alcohol issue isn't mentioned in the statement doesn't help clear the matter up in my opinion. PM me & we will discuss this further Saturday if you like because i am coming up for the Peterborough meeting.

You will have a few riders who no doubt go well on the big Berwick track-Fisher, Bjerre, Ostergaard and of course Barrett returns. Blackbird could be they key factor

You will have a few riders who no doubt go well on the big Berwick track-Fisher, Bjerre, Ostergaard and of course Barrett returns. Blackbird could be they key factor

Berwick will have to watch out for Nicky, he has something to prove. I have admitted I would have kept him, as i believe he would have found his potential again.

This person adversely affected an entire stadium full of people and if they were incapacitated in some way prior to or during the meeting, then also the safety of the riders. I actually detest the Jeremy Kyle style programme, but this is a medical professional we are talking about and it is not unreasonable to have a clear response from Berwick.

Edited by HadrianDog
  • Like 1

This person adversely affected an entire stadium full of people and if they were incapacitated in some way prior to or during the meeting, then also the safety of the riders. I actually detest the Jeremy Kyle style programme, but this is a medical professional we are talking about and it is not unreasonably to have a clear response from Berwick.

Berwick Speedway have made their statement, I doubt very much they will be adding to it.

Berwick Speedway have made their statement, I doubt very much they will be adding to it.

If the person concerned signed in as medically fit as I think they need do, there would have been no reason to check him? I imagine the problem would only have arisen once he announced his decision to withdraw. Apart from meeting refs who I think have powers to test for alcohol I dont suppose anyone else could and I imagine there was no complaint raised by the meeting official? I honestly think the matter is now over with one way or another.

• Like 4

I'm sorry - I can't read this Post. :sad: :sad:

I should have gone to Specsavers.

The only people who have to sign in that they are medically fit to carry out their duties are the riders who will be participating in the meeting, the only criteria that affects all persons involved in the running of the meeting including track staff and the medics is that there is a ZERO tolerance to alcohol & social drugs and in fact any member of staff from the Promoter to the track raker can be tested for drug & alcohol use.

As far as the use of mobile phones is concerned I always carried mine with me to speedway & grass track meetings mainly to inform the nearest A&E unit and the ambulance control for that area that a meeting was taking place and inform them how many competitor's where taking part and the level of medical cover we had at the track together with my name and my registration number

Why has a new thread been started to carry on knocking the Paramedic, it has already been explained that he received some bad news about his family, and as a Paramedic for over 20 years I have seen first hand, how shock can affect people in different ways, what would your reaction be if you received news that there was a family crisis, I would want to get to my family as soon as possible to the exclusion of all others.

Give the man a break his family comes above everything else, even speedway.

The person who should get the stick is the person who started all this with an unqualified post on a social media site and all of the sheep who followed his lead

• Like 7