British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bandits4eva

Sheffield Tigers Vs Berwick Bandits; 26/06/14; Ko Cup 2nd Leg

Genius

No news of a guest replacement from Berwick this morning, on the official Sheffield it names Kus in the Berwick team.

SHEFFIELD: Simon Stead, Taylor Poole, Leigh Lanham, Andre Compton, Ty Proctor, Simon Nielsen, Josh Bates.

BERWICK: Claus Vissing, Rider replacement for Matthew Wethers, Steen Jensen, David Bellego, Kevin Doolan, Liam Carr, Matej Kus.

No news of a guest replacement from Berwick this morning, on the official Sheffield it names Kus in the Berwick team.

SHEFFIELD: Simon Stead, Taylor Poole, Leigh Lanham, Andre Compton, Ty Proctor, Simon Nielsen, Josh Bates.

BERWICK: Claus Vissing, Rider replacement for Matthew Wethers, Steen Jensen, David Bellego, Kevin Doolan, Liam Carr, Matej Kus.

just heard from reliable source Thomas Jorgensen guesting but who for I don't know.

just heard from reliable source Thomas Jorgensen guesting but who for I don't know.

If anyone, the only one it could have been for is Matej? There were no Sheffield injuries?

As was mentioned yesterday if Kus is missing tonight then Jorgensen is a no brainer as guest, big score at Sheffield a couple of weeks ago.

If anyone, the only one it could have been for is Matej? There were no Sheffield injuries?

Giving the shenanigans Sheffield got up to with the Roynon affair, maybe they have dropped a rider and are employing a guest for tonight.

As was mentioned yesterday if Kus is missing tonight then Jorgensen is a no brainer as guest, big score at Sheffield a couple of weeks ago.

Giving the shenanigans Sheffield got up to with the Roynon affair, maybe they have dropped a rider and are employing a guest for tonight.

I didn't make myself clear on previous post. should have said Thomas riding for Berwick but for which rider I didn't know,

Berwick's e-Newsletter this morning confirms Matej Kus a doubt for weekend matches.

Bandits have indeed lined up Thomas Jorgensen as a guest tonight.

Something a bit dodgy here, Kus had his full allocation of rides in Czech last night but then not over here for the next 3, interesting....

you need to take some time and read the Berwick Newsletter,it states Jorgenson is riding as a guest for Kus.

Something a bit dodgy here, Kus had his full allocation of rides in Czech last night but then not over here for the next 3, interesting....

Not dodgy at all. Under the 7-day medical regulation, he has to be signed off as fit to resume before he can race again in Britain. He obviously isn't.

Incidentally, Ales Dryml had his full allocation of rides at Peterborough last night, but has withdrawn from their team for next three days. Interesting things happen.

This is not a pop at Berwick by any means as all teams seem to be at it, pushing the rules to the limit to gain an advantage.

If Matej Kus was fit enough to ride in Czecho last night (and I haven't had confirmation that he did) then Berwick should not be allowed a guest facility.

Many track are complaining about the numbers on the terraces going down and down, but is it any wonder when the sport treats itself as a circus with some riders riding for three different teams in the UK every week before stuff like this happens.

Jorgensen for Kus makes the outcome of the aggregate score pretty much a formality if Jorgensen rides like he did a couple of weeks ago. I am sure some people will think its not worth bothering attending and once again another nail is hammered into the coffin of British speedway by the person croaking for life inside the box.

• Like 3

Not dodgy at all. Under the 7-day medical regulation, he has to be signed off as fit to resume before he can race again in Britain. He obviously isn't.

Incidentally, Ales Dryml had his full allocation of rides at Peterborough last night, but has withdrawn from their team for next three days. Interesting things happen.

To be fair, Dryml did hit the 4th bend fence pretty hard in his 3rd ride last night and was in the ambulance getting treatment after the meeting finished. Edited by Tigerite

This is not a pop at Berwick by any means as all teams seem to be at it, pushing the rules to the limit to gain an advantage.

If Matej Kus was fit enough to ride in Czecho last night (and I haven't had confirmation that he did) then Berwick should not be allowed a guest facility.

Many track are complaining about the numbers on the terraces going down and down, but is it any wonder when the sport treats itself as a circus with some riders riding for three different teams in the UK every week before stuff like this happens.

Jorgensen for Kus makes the outcome of the aggregate score pretty much a formality if Jorgensen rides like he did a couple of weeks ago. I am sure some people will think its not worth bothering attending and once again another nail is hammered into the coffin of British speedway by the person croaking for life inside the box.

Have to agree Berwick aren't breaking any rules but the sport cannot be taken seriously as aTeam Competition.This is why fans couldn't care less,and are walking away.
  • Like 3

Your post is reasoned, although it might be argued that if fit, Matej Kus would probably continue to be a potent reserve and equal any scoring Thomas Jorgensen may achieve tonight. Berwick should not be thought to be pushing rules to gain advantage, to lose their high-scoring reserve for three meetings is a body-blow.

The SCB rules state a non-speedway injury (Kus was taken ill on Saturday, not injured) requires a seven-day recovery period and medical clearance has to be obtained before riding again (in an SCB/BSPA event).

Racing in a domestic event overseas, while foolhardy (and when were speedway riders ever else?) is outwith the authority of the SCB/BSPA, and our own regulations still require his being re-examined and declared fit before he can resume riding here.

The Berwick e-Newsletter explains he has spoken to Ian Rae this morning, and is not feeling 100% (little wonder, if he tried riding last night while under the weather) and therefore must stand down.

Clearly, he is not yet fit and should not resume as yet. Tough for Matej, and for the Bandits, but safer for all concerned.

Your reply is also reasoned.

My point is not that Matej or the Bandits are doing anything wrong by any means and if he is not fit, then so be it. I agree that he would be a threat at reserve as well.

The point I was trying to make is that while ever these rules are in place, people get sick and tired of the sport and vote with their feet. I can't think of any other team sport that benefits from team members being ill or injured and it is stuff likes this that means the tracks are struggling to pull in the crowds.

• Like 4

In fairness he may well have ridden (See he retired in last ride) but he could still have suffered a set back overnight. No doubt if Bandits have not done things right they will be told?