British Speedway Forum
Brummie Kev

Birmingham Future In Doubt ? Alan Phillips Has Had Enough!

Let's please stop bickering and pointing fingers too late for that it really is ....

Let's try get some facts and figures established and look at the best way forward if we can I have asked Arthur cross for some help and input as he seems like he has a lot of knowledge and he is prepared to speak with the supporters club/trust .

I am not a member of the supporters trust so we could do with someone who is to arrange a meeting I suggest somewhere near perry barr maybe hare of the dog big pub and always empty

get registered on the Brummies forum matey. You can get all the info you want from there.

The cricket club has been mentioned and I believe they want it this week. Although someone has suggested the Hare of the Dog.

The details in regard to making donations that appeared earlier today seem to have been taken down ? - or am I missing them. There was confusion over the links - has this now been sorted. I plan to make a donation via Paypal.

The details in regard to making donations that appeared earlier today seem to have been taken down ? - or am I missing them. There was confusion over the links - has this now been sorted. I plan to make a donation via Paypal.

Are you on a wind up. I've posted and quoted you at least twice with a link...

Third time lucky eh?

https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/foCy1/sh/f3fNO7

Are you on a wind up. I've posted and quoted you at least twice with a link...

Third time lucky eh?

https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/foCy1/sh/f3fNO7

Thank you for this. I have tried before and cannot seem to trace either the original TWO messages or my responses. I went back about four pages to earl afternoon.

Again I see an accusation of a wind-up and cannot say that it pleased me very much as I am trying to help Birmingham by passing on the information to a fairly active FACEBOOK site. When I see comments i tend to think "why waste your time?"

EDIT: I have seen the Link and this is the original one that was posted. What happened to the second one "supposedly" a correction, then the advice to ignore both for the time being?

Edited by Guest

I was just sitting here thinking of ways to save the club and it hit me.

How if people including staff, riders and stadium etc haven't been paid for upto 3 months by Birmingham then where has all the income from the last three months gone??? If all these costs had been paid out I could understand there being a deficit but as they haven't.......

You could buy a 14 plate Merc with that!

There are people contacting me saying they can't make a payment links not working property and not accepting certain cards one person has had to use his credit card as wouldn't accept his debit card ... Can someone contact relevant people to look into this please...

Smart arsed responses won't be appreciated thanks .

• Like 1

If Birmingham can hopefully be saved - wouldn't Premier League be a better and cheaper option?

I only ask because that would, I think, make a difference to prospective Promoters.

• Like 1

First things first, you need a list of who's owed money, and how much, and for how long, after all, a lot of bills are now settled on 90 days, so the debt terms have to be established as well.... In theory, when he stated the club had no debt, if a lot of the speedways purchasing was on 90,days, that has only just been breached since start of the season, it might still have been owed, but not reached its payment date.....

Edited by Shale Searcher
  • Like 1

Coventry are exactly in the same position as Birmingham but their fans haven't realized, they have to raise a considerable amount of money to stay open as Brandon is being demolished in a couple of seasons and they need to find a new stadium.

The lack of action from the current Coventry management regarding the future is concerning.

There are people contacting me saying they can't make a payment links not working property and not accepting certain cards one person has had to use his credit card as wouldn't accept his debit card ... Can someone contact relevant people to look into this please...

Smart arsed responses won't be appreciated thanks .

This is copied and pasted straight from the Brummies Forum:

The bits in italics I have added to help with the decision. As I put below the link to www.fundrazr.com is an independant company, if a card doesn't work you need to contact them. Or if you can't get it to work you could have pop ups blocked on your pc, as when you use it you get directed to a new page which pops up.

This is the fighting fund set up to raise money for the campaign to save the Brummies Speedway Club, all monies will be handed over to the Supporters Club and all monies will be returned if an outcome is unfavorable to us...the fans.

Use this one below for card payments, if they can't get it to work you need to contact the company who own the website. This website isn't run by me or Birmingham speedway supporters club.

Link One(Pay by paypal/CC/etc) http://fnd.us/c/foCy1/sh/f3fNO7

If you are registered for Internet banking you can make a payment to the account below.

Link Two (Details for cheques and bank details for Supporters Club)

Transfer: Account No.04393966 Sort Code.30-93-09

If you like good old fashioned payment methods, here is the cheque option.

Cheques made out to Birmingham Speedway Supporters Club

c/o 42 Marine Drive

Birmingham

B44 8BB

Edited by Deano

Thank you for this. I have tried before and cannot seem to trace either the original TWO messages or my responses. I went back about four pages to earl afternoon.

Again I see an accusation of a wind-up and cannot say that it pleased me very much as I am trying to help Birmingham by passing on the information to a fairly active FACEBOOK site. When I see comments i tend to think "why waste your time?"

EDIT: I have seen the Link and this is the original one that was posted. What happened to the second one "supposedly" a correction, then the advice to ignore both for the time being?

If it was the topic that was set up earlier, ignore it. Someone created that by mistake not knowing the supporters club had got one already done. The opening poster soon pointed this out, but the link had already been cancelled. This is what you are talking about? The thread has gone now deleted.

Use the link in my post above, there are three different ways to pay.

Edited by Deano
  • Like 1

There is a fighting chance that Brummies can be saved but everyone has to be honest, until the Debt Load is known in full the painting of a glossy picture is easy.

There are creditors yes ! but who and for how much is the main facts.

It is an old way of looking at it, but if Bham shuts the chance of anyone getting paid is NIL. But with some good negotiations to allow the team to continue with assurances there may be light at end of the tunnel.

If the Debt load was guaranteed to be paid over a period TM might get involved and carry on till end of the season.

Basic maths are, if it closes now creditors will get nothing, allow it to go on and you may get something back.

• Like 1

There is a fighting chance that Brummies can be saved but everyone has to be honest, until the Debt Load is known in full the painting of a glossy picture is easy. There are creditors yes ! but who and for how much is the main facts. It is an old way of looking at it, but if Bham shuts the chance of anyone getting paid is NIL. But with some good negotiations to allow the team to continue with assurances there may be light at end of the tunnel. If the Debt load was guaranteed to be paid over a period TM might get involved and carry on till end of the season. Basic maths are, if it closes now creditors will get nothing, allow it to go on and you may get something back.

A factor here is that continuation SADLY might even increase the debt load? And the main creditor here might well be the GRA (the landlords) who are likely to be tough negotiators. They would most likely want all rent owed before a resumption and guaranteed payment of new rents on a meeting-to-meeting basis.

Edited by Guest