British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pointsmeanplayoffs

King's Lynn Stars V Leicester Lions - Wed 16, July - #shavetheroo

First of all it was great to see so many people making the effort to wear pink, hats off to everyone. I'd imagine a decent amount of money was raised.

Have to echo what Star Fever has said, this would have been a comfortable three home points but for countless machinery issues. Porsing's was the most costly, has to use his second bike for his last three rides and it wasn't up to the job, reckon he's have been good for double figures otherwise. Bjerre's EF in heat three cost another two points and Lambert changed bikes for his last two with significant results. Kerr was also struggling with his bike all night so hopefully all of these issues will be ironed out long before the Play Offs. Thought Rose was unlucky in heat 9, got squeezed out of a hard first bend between Kerr and Lambert. Simon made a huge difference to Leicester, don't think Bates would have got anywhere near paid nine. Rose was upset at being removed from heat 14 hence his absence from the centre for the last heat and the parade truck. Last seen having an animated discussion with Rob in the pits, hope it got nipped in the bud. Niels absolutely peerless, his first bend in heat 15 was tremendous. Kenneth looked much more like his old self.

Stead was the standout Lion, pleased for him ahead of the SWC. Overall Lynn's gating and luck needs to be much better at the business end of the season.

• Like 1

Lynn got lucky.

Makes a difference when Kerr doesn't score double figures.

Enjoyable meeting last night . Ok Lynn gave away a few gift points early on with Porsing and Bjerre breaking down , and Rose falling . But Leicester hung in there and were worthy of their point . A nice way to spend a Wednesday evening with friends I haven't seen since KL went Elite

• Like 1

Star fever ( post 43) sums it up pretty well. Obviously disappointed to lose a point, but Leicester deserved one for the spirit they showed. Feel we are going through the motions thinking we are better than we are. I thought as the season progressed, so would our young riders, and come the business end they would be far more confident and accomplished. But they seem to have stagnated..

Our top 3 was again, our saviour last night, with Niels and Kenneth showing how its done. Porsing 2nd bike was so slow, and our FTR riders are not so dominant anymore. Robert Lambert continues to deceive. Ht 4 should be nailed on for him, riding against people he should beat , but inevitably he sleeps at the gate and trials in last. Every meeting the same. His win in ht 8 was a saving grace but he should be better than that by now.

Simon Lambert is becoming a resident performer here at Saddlebow Road, and last night was the best he's been. To score paid 9 was a exceptional achievement, but he shouldn't be beating people like Kerr, Posing or Rob Lambert like he did... Had we performed like that in the play-offs we'd we easy pickings for any team. We have to get back to them winning ways where teams like Leicester should have been brushed aside with ease.

Not sure if there is arrogance or just nonchalance, but we need to get back to the determination we had at the start of the campaign, and treat every race with a must win attitude.

When you add up all the points we have dropped through, Falls, and EF in the last 3 meeting is alarming...... We cant afford to give the opposition such an advantage.. It makes the job so much harder......

There did seem to be an air of " going through the motions " last night . You're miles clear , but that means nothing when we get to the play offs and you know Poole are going to pull a stroke somewhere along the line . Be wonderful if Kings Lynn can finish the job , there's a great atmosphere about the place and it's a wonderful evening out there .

• Like 2

Great to see you Paulco, sorry you got lumbered with the texting!

GRW, I think you are being a little harsh on Robert. Easy to forget he's just 16, his gating has lots of room for improvement and to say that he should be winning heat 4 doesn't take into account that the visiting number two is usually an accomplished rider who had already has an outing.

I think it's easy to forget that the margins in speedway are fine, any niggly motor issues and poor gating will be punished at this level. You can't expect the Kerrs, Roses, Lamberts and Porsings to be tip top all season, they will have peaks and troughs in form.

With young Robert I think his progress will come in huge big chunks. He already has his first max for the Club. He will level off, then go again. Next season I think you will see just how far he has come on. If the boy gates he is almost untouchble. Trouble is he doesnt make the gate enough times, Yet. It will come.

Deleted

Edited by Trees
  • Like 1

Deleted

Edited by Trees

Just loved how the Leicester riders went to their fans after heat wins to celebrate and came out after the meeting and applauded them, how it should! Two way appreciation!!

The Stars had bad luck but that is speedway but our big boys saved the day to earn the 2 point win :-D I'm sorry to read about Rose being miffed, hope Rob and him can sort it!

Was some funny sights dressed in pink, particularly the guy in the pink hooded onesie 2 sizes too small, Screamer with his pink flowers and stripes, the chap in front of us with his tutu and pink heart shaped boppers! All good fun for a good cause! And Rory was a great sport having his hair hacked off by Buster et al! Was worried what his little girls might think when they brought out the chain saw though!

Was really lovely to bump into you again last night Trees . The pink lipstick and the tutu were a striking combination :-)

Was really lovely to bump into you again last night Trees . The pink lipstick and the tutu were a striking combination :-)

And what did Trees have that was pink :D

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

Scotsmen don't wear pink apparently :D

All the Stars fans complaining about the passing at BP seem to have gone to ground. I expected to have my nose rubbed into the spectacular moves and thoroughly good racing last night. Oh well maybe next time!!!!!

Disappointed.com

Edited by TMW

Lynn isn't anywhere near the racetrack it was nowadays, but its still an awful lot better than the fayre at Leicester.

• Like 3