British Speedway Forum
TMW

Leicester V Eastbourne 14 July

Heat 15 was possibly the best race I've seen at Leicester. Heat 15 was rubbish.

Edited by SCB

Pedersen's experience averted disaster.

Yeah, luckily he has a high self preservation threshold!

• Like 1

Someone send Pearson to specsavers...fantastic speedway my botty bott :icon_smile_clown:

• Like 1

By far the best meeting I've seen at Leicester! Track shape still needs altering though...

I am so glad that that is over, i am a nervous wreck...Those riders have been so lucky tonight...

That is not speedway to me.

Think in the winter they need to reshape it....

• Like 5

Well thats my Leicester virginity gone (albeit via TV)

I must say the meeting wasnt as bad as I expected although that may be down to my very low expectations!

The chances of a pass are all but nil without a big mistake being made. The shape is definately all wrong .

Not sure there is much that can be done about it though without almost starting again which must be highly unlikely due to the expense. Tinkering with the inside line would make bugger all difference.

Some 'entertainmentt' tonight from the high speed spills but thats not I want from my Speedway.

Im sure most home fans will go home happy tonight due to the comeback win and you could argue thats all that matters is that enough continue to feel that way.

Overall though it left me with one thought in my head - Leicesters revival no doubt can be considered a success but just how much better it couldve been had the planning of the track been equally successful.

• Like 4

I thought it was a bloody brilliant meeting if I'm honest!

Well done to both teams; and particularly the Leicester Promotion. I'm sure that I wasn't the only neutral on the edge of the seat.

Don't really get the constant criticism about the track; particularly as the majority of people possibly making these comments have never even sat on a Speedway Bike; let alone ridden/raced one.

If all speedway meetings were that entertaining, the sport may not be scratching it's arse looking for punters.

Edited by The Voice Of Reason
  • Like 2

Only could England have the opportunity to build a track from scratch and get it so badly wrong

Edited by ren
  • Like 1

It's a shame that the track isn't better, because everything else seems about right at Leicester. It's a strange old shape alright and that problem does need addressing. Cracking climax though.

• Like 2

I thought it was a bloody brilliant meeting if I'm honest!..................

That's because you weren't riding in it VOR :P

....How the start like marshall missed this and squeezed through the gap,the mind boggles!!!!

I'm more interested how he didn't end wearing his sphericals as earrings :D

What the heck is that wire fence doing behind the air fence? I feared for the Eastbourne lad that flew through the air fence that serious facial injuries may have occurred. Does the track need that wire fence for some other motorsport there?

• Like 1

What the heck is that wire fence doing behind the air fence? I feared for the Eastbourne lad that flew through the air fence that serious facial injuries may have occurred. Does the track need that wire fence for some other motorsport there?

How do you think the air fence is held up?

It's the fence that supports the airfence which has a foam / rubber / plastic cover across the top to protect from injuries. It is one of the best fences around.

I think that it's in the regulations that all new purpose built tracks fences have to be built that way too

How do you think the air fence is held up?

No need to be sarcastic, just answer the bloody question next time.