British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stevebrum

Wolves V Leicester (18/8/14)

No interest for this i see!

On paper should be a comfortable home win.

So in that case 48-42 home win. ;) And a maximum for Wolves true number one, the (nearly) World U 21 Champ. :party:

Parrys International Wolves have received information this morning that Piotr Pawlicki is unable to race this evening owing to illness.

While we find this disappointing- less than 24 hours after he scored a 15 point maximum in the World Under 21 Championship-and the second successive meeting he has been absent after a 100% commitment record previously it would be unwise to make any further comment until we have spoken at length with his Polish manager Krystian Plech who had arranged to travel with Piotr this morning and will still be attending tonight.

With the unavailability of any suitable guest Wolves will operate the rider replacement rule to cover his absence with all team members eligible to take a ride

This was just posted on wolves website. Much as I love to watch piotr this is a disgrace. If he can't be arsed then time to say goodbye.

• Like 1

Its not unusual for commitment to start to wane with some riders once the World U21 rounds get going, particularly Poles. We had it with Magic a couple of years ago.

Another example of why Monday night racing is not the ideal for all 'top' riders, despite it suiting Woffy and Sky (at the moment!)

Another example of why Monday night racing is not the ideal for all 'top' riders, despite it suiting Woffy and Sky (at the moment!)

That's Monday , Saturday, Sunday ummmmmmm Tuesday............................Fridays not great . I think we might as well just pack in and watch all our speedway on Sky and Euro.

• Like 3

P**s and Take are the two words that come to mind.

The top riders have shown they don't want Britain anymore and even if we changed race nights to suit them they would find an excuse to miss out.

Time to stick our two fingers up at them and form a bigger league with more variety without them.

Wolfie

• Like 4

Not surprised as Piotr was the same with Coventry, just surprised he hasn't done it sooner.

• Like 1

That's Monday , Saturday, Sunday ummmmmmm Tuesday............................Fridays not great . I think we might as well just pack in and watch all our speedway on Sky and Euro.

Piotr rarely had a problem with Wednesday meetings!! :t::D Wednesdays/Thursdays have to be the preferred option.

And these riders also know that missing a meeting over here is 'ok' as rider replacement or a guest facility will readily be forthcoming...

If no such facilities existed and riders could not ride again till 28 days had passed (again with no facilty) I wonder how many of these riders would be signed?..

Once again british speedway lets itself become held open to ridicule by its own weak rules and regs administration..

It seems it is always more important for the bspa to have a quick fix 'get out of jail free' card that can be played ad nauseum, rather than making strong, clearly defined rules which bring integrity to the sport, and consequence for those who attempt to manipulate them....

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 2

Parrys International Wolves have received information this morning that Piotr Pawlicki is unable to race this evening owing to illness.

While we find this disappointing- less than 24 hours after he scored a 15 point maximum in the World Under 21 Championship-and the second successive meeting he has been absent after a 100% commitment record previously it would be unwise to make any further comment until we have spoken at length with his Polish manager Krystian Plech who had arranged to travel with Piotr this morning and will still be attending tonight.

With the unavailability of any suitable guest Wolves will operate the rider replacement rule to cover his absence with all team members eligible to take a ride

This was just posted on wolves website. Much as I love to watch piotr this is a disgrace. If he can't be arsed then time to say goodbye.

Just read it.

No excuse this time. I have understood the other times but the previous Saturday and tonight are extracting the urine to the extreme.

Interesting his manager will be in attendance tonight.

I feel a severing of ties is on the cards.

Leicester win.

• Like 1

Piotr rarely had a problem with Wednesday meetings!! :t::D Wednesdays/Thursdays have to be the preferred option.

He hardly rode for you so a bit of a pointless comment.

The majority of the time it isn't the riders, more often its pressure put on them by their Polish clubs.. which I'm sure would have been the case over his withdrawal from the away match at Leicester.

This withdrawal doesn't buy into that theory as much though.

• Like 1

Leicester win? Now you're being silly. :lol: The rest of your post was pretty good and credit where it's due for not making excuses for Piotr. Sign Poles and expect to be messed around (exception being Skornicki) with made up illnesses.

I will go with a home win 46 44 depending on witch Tai turns up.

Reserve pairings could again be the big difference, Jacobs & Perry should easily outscore Clegg & Hopwood, Wolves to win by 10.