British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Skidder1

Leicester V Poole, Saturday 23rd August 2014

Another example of terrible management by Middlo. As far as Ward goes, he's been looking very average recently, almost as if he hasn't been trying.

I hope Pawlicki makes a fast recovery and doesn't have to miss out on much action, it would be sad if he has broken his collarbone. I always hate it when a rider gets hurt in England as I feel it makes them unlikely to ride here next season. If a fast recovery is not on the cards I would get rid of Darcy too and find another 2 riders to fill their place.

I quite enjoyed the meeting despite how long and drawn out it was, this was mainly due to Matt Williamsons inability to get further than the 3rd bend in any of his rides and a delayed start due to the low sun, even though the stadium was surrounded by black clouds.

Why on earth they had to have an interval after all the delays is beyond me.

Despite giving it absolutely everything Ward was largely ineffective. Doyle and Janowski were superb.

Couldn't fathom out why Cook wasn't given heat 15.

And the injury to Pawlicki as well

I can only assume the Heat 15 decision was based on the 4-2 in heat 13 with the same pairings!! DW and Magic are used to riding together whereas Cook hadn't partnered Magic at all!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!!! :wink:

Evening soured by announcer laughing abiut pawlickis broken collar bone, very poor taste and crowd near me laughing when ward went down. Also what a long winded annoying meeting, heat 15 finishing at 10.20, already had several hold up with fence repairs and other delays and then we have a seemingly very long interval, meeting fairly boring overall, doubt I will be rushing back for a second visit

The meeting actually finished at 10.05. The announcer wasn't laughing at the riders injury at all, that's obviously something that you have mistakenly read into his comments. A lot of the delay was actually caused by Poole's No 7 rider, and his inability to stay on his bike. Yes the fence does need repairing particularly when a rider has hit it at god knows how many miles an hour . Perhaps next time we should just leave it as it is. Oh and the seemingly long interval probably had something to do with the Ben Fund collection, which help riders who cause long delays to meetings.

• Like 4

Well lady luck didnt shine on the pirates tonight. To be fair Cook was a terrific guest and should have been in heat 15 crazy management decision which cost us the win, fantastic by doyle to win heat 15 on the line. Evening soured by announcer laughing abiut pawlickis broken collar bone, very poor taste and crowd near me laughing when ward went down. Also what a long winded annoying meeting, heat 15 finishing at 10.20, already had several hold up with fence repairs and other delays and then we have a seemingly very long interval, meeting fairly boring overall, doubt I will be rushing back for a second visit

got there at 7.15 first heat finished 8.10 then a delay for wrong helmet colours then out comes tractor , seemed ages between heats, we see this on sky riders go,in back to the pits . I blame the refs ,look at bees on sky last week JOKE. kids today won,t stand around for 3 hours.

• Like 1

I can only assume the Heat 15 decision was based on the 4-2 in heat 13 with the same pairings!! DW and Magic are used to riding together whereas Cook hadn't partnered Magic at all!

Nothing to do with hindsight at all. Cook was the best rider for Poole and Darcy by his standards was poor. Doesnt take a genius to decide which 2 riders should have been in heat 15. Even the Poole fans on here are saying Middlo got it wrong

• Like 2

Middlo on twitter when challenged over the use of Ward not Cook in heat 15 Poole may have won.

' Darcy fell, Kyle touched the tapes, Shamek injured, Matt excluded'

Could he have missed the point anymore?? Was talking about his selection in Heat 15 not the bad luck that Poole had earlier in the meeting. He isnt the best on social media!!

Nothing to do with hindsight at all. Cook was the best rider for Poole and Darcy by his standards was poor. Doesnt take a genius to decide which 2 riders should have been in heat 15. Even the Poole fans on here are saying Middlo got it wrong

No he didn't.

Apart from the decision to put Ward out in heat 15 I could not understand the Poole tactics in that heat. The most match points they could get was 3 if they got at least 3 points in the heat. So surely the plan was let Jason go, take Mads wide and out of the play on bends 1 & 2 and settle in for a comfortable 3 – 3 behind Jason. Bends 1 & 2 went according to plan but then the Poole riders seemed to be trying to catch Jason instead of team riding with the result that Darcy fell – at least he had the sense to stay down and get the race stopped for a re-run. Great race by Jason in the re-run – worth the admission money alone!

• Like 1

The meeting actually finished at 10.05. The announcer wasn't laughing at the riders injury at all, that's obviously something that you have mistakenly read into his comments. A lot of the delay was actually caused by Poole's No 7 rider, and his inability to stay on his bike. Yes the fence does need repairing particularly when a rider has hit it at god knows how many miles an hour . Perhaps next time we should just leave it as it is. Oh and the seemingly long interval probably had something to do with the Ben Fund collection, which help riders who cause long delays to meetings.

The delay had nothing to do with the ben fund collection there should have been a short interval taking into account the delay for fence repairs all night there were delays, we had a riders coming out with wrong helmet colours, we even had a 5 lap race, yes williamson came off a couple of times, we were still waiting for heat 11 at 9.35!! When the announcer was talking in the interval he was laughing about the crashes and pawlickis collarbone, the guy is a disgrace. Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

No he didn't.

yes he did stop defending Poole or anything to do with the club at every opportunity its quite tiresome now.

foreverblue who i consider to be a Poole fan and a speedway fan states quite clearly that it was the wrong choice and to be fair most of the Poole fans do then you come along and act the fool again.

I see you never declined to comment on Wards antics. Sensible decision as i gues you wouldnt have been able to take all the flak that woulsd have come with it

I would be surprised if anyone in the stadium wasnt surprised by the riders chosen by poole alot wernt pleaed mads was in the last race either! You dont need hindsight to work out your no.1 was having a bad night you dont just blindly pick him anyhow, Janowski and cook picked themselves, I can send you my programme if you like where its got cook crossed out and ward written in!!
  • Like 2

the fact is Middlo got heat 15 wrong.

I would be surprised if anyone in the stadium wasnt surprised by the riders chosen by poole alot wernt pleaed mads was in the last race either! You dont need hindsight to work out your no.1 was having a bad night you dont just blindly pick him anyhow, Janowski and cook picked themselves, I can send you my programme if you like where its got cook crossed out and ward written in!!

well said mate. spot on. you support your club and defend them like anyone would do.

what you dont do is wear blue tints where EVERYTHING poole do is correct. Blimey my manager and promotion at Ipswich have made some shocking decisions over the years

The delay had nothing to do with the ben fund collection there should have been a short interval taking into account the delay for fence repairs all night there were delays, we had a riders coming out with wrong helmet colours, we even had a 5 lap race, yes williamson came off a couple of times, we were still waiting for heat 11 at 9.35!! When the announcer was talking in the interval he was laughing about the crashes and pawlickis collarbone, the guy is a disgrace.

I'm not even going to bother to correct you. If that's what you believe fair enough.

However, It's a speedway meeting delays happen all the time, it's not the end of the world is it. Maybe you should think about things a little before your next post. Instead of highlighting things completely out of context and making mountains out of mole hills.

Note to self................Music visit Poole Speedway where everything runs to time, safety fence never needs repair and everything goes like clockwork..... ;)

Can't wait to hear from the man witch is Midlo as to why on earth he picked Darcy ward for heat 15. Guarantee it will make you chuckle. :)

It's what old duffers do nowadays