British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dump that clutch

Kings Lynn V Swindon - 27-08-2014 @ 19:30

No one has mentioned the track, Track is gate and go nowadays hardly any overtaking from either side never use to be like this. Maybe that is partly to do with are slide down the league. Also would Ben Barker fit in as replacment for porsing ?

Barker's injured anyway - missing his Plymouth meeting tomorrow!!!

Kildemands issues were with his clutch rather than his fitness from where I stood last night. You get a much better view being there than watching on Bet365.

Just been reported on Radio Norfolk that Rory dislocated his shoulder last night but should be fit to ride in Poland tomorrow!

• Like 3

Kildemands issues were with his clutch rather than his fitness from where I stood last night. You get a much better view being there than watching on Bet365.

Hope the racing looked better on Bet365 than it did from where I was standing!
  • Like 1

Nope looked carp from my sofa :P

Very difficult to judge on bet365 if it's engine or fitness cos they focus on the leader and you cannot see what is happening on the other 3/4 of the track and last night there appeared to be as much happening inn that 3/4 as at the front at times ;)

Edited by Star Lady

No, just as bad a home

No one has mentioned the track, Track is gate and go nowadays hardly any overtaking from either side never use to be like this. Maybe that is partly to do with are slide down the league. Also would Ben Barker fit in as replacment for porsing ?

Racing wasn't brilliant certainly but I've seen worse. There were just over half the heats with passes (8/15) and majority of races had close racing.

Ben Barker!!!??? We're not THAT desperate are we??? :o

• Like 1

You wouldn't watching on Bet365.

• Like 1

In all seriousness I don't really know what more people expect, he's averaging five and a half in the EL at sixteen, he has beaten some much more experienced riders both home and away and had posted some very quick times, again both home and away.

May I ask why it is you don't see what 'all the fuss is about?' It helps if you give some reasons / evidence to back up your opinion.

• Like 3

In all seriousness I don't really know what more people expect, he's averaging five and a half in the EL at sixteen, he has beaten some much more experienced riders both home and away and had posted some very quick times, again both home and away.

May I ask why it is you don't see what 'all the fuss is about?' It helps if you give some reasons / evidence to back up your opinion.

I think people are forgetting just how inexperienced he still is. Plus some seem to expect way more from him because he has settled into EL life very well.

The kid is the best new Brit since Tai came on the seen. Let the kid develop as he is. He is doing superb so far.

• Like 3

I think it was GRW who asked when was the last time Lambert won a race. Not sure if it was the last time but I saw him win at about 2100 hours on 4th August at Belle Vue. As GB says he has nearly doubled his average (albeit an assessed one). What more can you expect? MIracles?

• Like 1

Racing wasn't brilliant certainly but I've seen worse. There were just over half the heats with passes (8/15) and majority of races had close racing.

Ben Barker!!!??? We're not THAT desperate are we??? :o

"Passing" in the first 15 metres doesn't count, SF! ;)

8 is a little generous I feel - could agree with 5 or 6.

But whilst there was a bit of passing and some intriguing battles, the meeting just lacked a great race.

Even so, the closeness and the build up to the wonderful Play-Offs still made it interesting viewing & glad I made the effort to go.

I think it was GRW who asked when was the last time Lambert won a race. Not sure if it was the last time but I saw him win at about 2100 hours on 4th August at Belle Vue. As GB says he has nearly doubled his average (albeit an assessed one). What more can you expect? MIracles?

Was very impressed with R Lambert when he rode at Brandon earlier in the year. Think when you think how young he is and that before the fast track came In, he would have started at reserve on his average but instead got thrown straight in the main body of the team, he has done brilliantly.

You used the name Robert 10 times in that paragraph.

That's got to be some sort of forum record?

What could you see in Tai at sixteen that you can't in Lambert? Genuine question. In Robert I see speed, control, a good racing brain and fierce determination, everything that Tai had at that age.

• Like 1