British Speedway Forum
Aces51

Belle Vue V Coventry 1st September, 2014

Having watched Bees away v Leicester last night and seeing this result tonight - Cookie is riding for the wrong team and ought to be plying his trade for the Lions I think !Superb effort by the Bees ... thought they had lost a little momentum after the Lions defeat but heyyy what do I know ! Grest stuff from all the guys even Hansen who only scored 1 less point than Cook after all!Bring on the Robins on TV next week .....Cheers

Well Cook has a reputation as a gating tart.... Can't imagine why he would enjoy racing at Leicester!!!

• Like 1

Well done to the Bees. Looks like they are running into form at the right time. Must be the backs against the wall spirit :D

Expect them to give Lynn a tonking on Thursday too, regardless of missing riders.

Edited by Star Lady

Well this was a walk in the park for Coventry, a few of us pre match were predicting a mid to high fifties score for the Bees and it proved to be just as easy as we thought. As for the Aces the only rider who could hold his head up was MPT who yet again put in maximum effort and has easily been the rider of the season. So yet another woeful season for Belle Vue, no matter what the make up of the side the promotion never appear to get the best out of them, for the past several seasons the clubs standing/history has been trashed and you now have to look at something that is not right that is deeply entrenched within the fabric of the club. There appears to be something deeply amiss and its something a move into a new stadium is not going to rectify as whatever is running through the club is still going to be there immaterial of the stadia, if the promotion deliver a new national speedway stadium that will be a great legacy for them but you have to ask would you entrust such a facility for them to actually run it? None of this takes away from the Bees stroll in the park they were head and shoulders above us and how ironic two of the Bees side were brought up within 20 minutes of KL. So well done Coventry as for Belle Vue, some deep seated problems need addressing methinks.

• Like 5

Belle Vue looked like a dangerous side on paper this year but for some reason it just hasn't happened for the Aces.

BV have looked a dangerous side on paper for about 8 of the last 10 seasons.

Every season is the same ..Belle Vue will have a team to make the plays offs only to finish in the bottom 3 ....Give credit to Gordon and Morton and co they sure managed to get the worst out of riders

• Like 2

I never bought into this years Belle Vue team looking decent, i'm not sure why anyone did. Poor reserves ensured it was another mediocre season, with the badly implemented 'draft' doing them no favors...

I never bought into this years Belle Vue team looking decent, i'm not sure why anyone did. Poor reserves ensured it was another mediocre season, with the badly implemented 'draft' doing them no favors...

i cant see how the draft or reserves can be blamed, as even when BV have been able to chose their reserves from a so called wealth of foreign talent that is out there, they have managed to pick the likes of, ostergaard, sitera, jankowski, kling, eklof, dryml, nemo, stachrya in recent seasons, who have done them proud havent they ?

i cant see how the draft or reserves can be blamed, as even when BV have been able to chose their reserves from a so called wealth of foreign talent that is out there, they have managed to pick the likes of, ostergaard, sitera, jankowski, kling, eklof, dryml, nemo, stachrya in recent seasons, who have done them proud havent they ?

I was commenting on this years team, and it's evident that the teams with the weakest draft riders are at the wrong end of the table. Without one decent Draft rider there was no chance of being in the top six....

Steff should have been an OK draft rider tbf. But he's had a poor season - constantly niggling injuries won't have helped.

The fast track has been a huge success this season, however it has thrown up some interesting questions for next season and nobody seems to have thought it through or if they have they are keeping the plan a secret.

My 9 year-old granddaughter was asking what number Jason Garrity would ride at next season. This is the same girl who at 7 years old watched Cameron Woodward and announced that he was "far too good to be a reserve"!!

Belle Vue won't have a problem next year if the draft continues, Steve Worrall will score then plenty of points.

• Like 2