British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2015

http://www.peterboroughpanthers.co/news.php?extend.2335.2

http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.27815

NOW IS THE TIME TO ACT

Monday November 24, 2014

One of the men spearheading the bid to save Peterborough has called for a late surge of backing.

Ged Rathbone, who is working alongside Trevor Swales in an attempt to bring Panthers back to the tapes in 2015, reports they are now £7,000 short of reaching the £40,000 required to operate at Premier League level.

But they only have until the close of business on Friday (November 28) to complete their rescue package.

Rathbone said: "We're very pleased to see the amount of money raised going up and we are doing all we can to reach our target.

"But if there are people out there thinking about helping financially, this is the time we really need them to come forward.

"We have to be in a position to declare our intention to race on by the close of play on Friday."

Any individuals or businesses keen to make a financial pledge can get in touch via email to pantherspledge2015@gmail.com

Edited by Noodles

It just doesn't add up. They had 30k. Readypower come in to sponsor the club and now they have 33k. Is the Readypower sponsorship only for 3k then?

It just doesn't add up. They had 30k. Readypower come in to sponsor the club and now they have 33k. Is the Readypower sponsorship only for 3k then?

The only other assumption would be that they need £40k to operate, in addition to the assumption that a main team sponsor would be found, hence the reason Readypower being prepared to step aside if another team sponsor could be found, then the Frost money would go towards the 40K.

That would be the only logical explanation I can come to.

Edited to add, sincerely hope Peterborough do line up in 2015, a great track that should not be allowed to be lost to the sport through mis-management.

Edited by fentigers lad
  • Like 2

The only other assumption would be that they need £40k to operate, in addition to the assumption that a main team sponsor would be found, hence the reason Readypower being prepared to step aside if another team sponsor could be found, then the Frost money would go towards the 40K.

That would be the only logical explanation I can come to.

Edited to add, sincerely hope Peterborough do line up in 2015, a great track that should not be allowed to be lost to the sport through mis-management.

but that would indicate that even if the £40k fans target was reached they would pull out if no main sponsor was found. That isnt how it was set out in the appeal.

Fingers crossed there is a happy ending.

I just get the feeling that they have enough money already with readypower backing but they are just trying to get as much money together as possible. always good to try get a little extra

Edited by Panther2006
  • Like 1

150 season tickets at an average of £250 each is £37.5k, plus another 500 fan's paying through the gate at an average of £12 is £6k a week. Added to the other money, surely that is enough to cover the wages ?

http://www.peterboroughpanthers.co/news.php?extend.2335.2http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.27815

NOW IS THE TIME TO ACT

Monday November 24, 2014

One of the men spearheading the bid to save Peterborough has called for a late surge of backing.

Ged Rathbone, who is working alongside Trevor Swales in an attempt to bring Panthers back to the tapes in 2015, reports they are now £7,000 short of reaching the £40,000 required to operate at Premier League level.

But they only have until the close of business on Friday (November 28) to complete their rescue package.

Rathbone said: "We're very pleased to see the amount of money raised going up and we are doing all we can to reach our target.

"But if there are people out there thinking about helping financially, this is the time we really need them to come forward.

"We have to be in a position to declare our intention to race on by the close of play on Friday."

Any individuals or businesses keen to make a financial pledge can get in touch via email to pantherspledge2015@gmail.com

I,m sorry if they can't cover the 7k they are in no position to run a speedway club this is hopeless situation for the club when it's promoters again get the begging bowl out cus they can't raise 7K . Hate to be the voice of doom and gloom .

150 season tickets at an average of £250 each is £37.5k, plus another 500 fan's paying through the gate at an average of £12 is £6k a week. Added to the other money, surely that is enough to cover the wages ?

Can't be sure but did they not say at the meeting they need £8.5k per meeting?

I assume they need to cover away match costs from this too.

• Like 1

I,m sorry if they can't cover the 7k they are in no position to run a speedway club this is hopeless situation for the club when it's promoters again get the begging bowl out cus they can't raise 7K . Hate to be the voice of doom and gloom .

Do you, sounds like you are. The begging bowl is out because they need extra capital to run. Don't get it , no Speedway at Peterborough. Then of course it will be all Ged and Trevor's fault. FFS

I've convinced myself that the details are available (dangerous I know)

Most banking systems should only require SortCode and Bank account.

If "she who decides everything" gets back at a reasonable time tomorrow morning, I will see if she has the details and let you know.

If I'm wrong I'll slink back under my rock.

Tel

Bank transfers are possible - Lisa has given me the details.

Hope others can now help out too.

Just beware that there might well be Monarchs bricks in the wall!!!

We all hope that Panthers can continue, It seems to me however that unless there is a credible business plan in place we are going to be in this situation year after year. It is one thing saving the club which is laudable but a fans whip round every year is an entirely different matter.

• Like 1

Can't be sure but did they not say at the meeting they need £8.5k per meeting?

I assume they need to cover away match costs from this too.

which just goes to show how much of a knife edge many clubs are on.

The fighting fund is 1 meeting short. If you divide it through the season it would be about 30 on the attendence each week which seems like nothing but could be the difference between running or not.

which just goes to show how much of a knife edge many clubs are on.

The fighting fund is 1 meeting short. If you divide it through the season it would be about 30 on the attendence each week which seems like nothing but could be the difference between running or not.

Yes, it's so tight, yet some on here only want to belittle the efforts of Ged and Trevor. Freeloaders.

Yes, it's so tight, yet some on here only want to belittle the efforts of Ged and Trevor. Freeloaders.

Grossly insulting to refer to Ged and Trevor as Freeloaders. You imply they have put nothing in themselves which could not be further from the facts.