British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2015

Both Lambert and Kerr signing, do we think? Or just Kerr?

nah lewis kerr will probs will sign and stay with the newcastle hopefully next season and i hope that happens to be fair

On the question of Season Tickets not so much a question of don't buy one if perceived as poor value, but the competence of those who set the prices seemingly without doing the sums.

• Like 1

As regular season ticket purchasers (and we will get them for next season) NOT happy with your suggestions. :nono::nono:

• Occasional centre green visits - Having watched meetings from the centre green, and in the (very) distant past been on the centre green during Milton Keynes training sessions, don't see the attraction of standing on the centre green, you have to keep turning to follow the racing. :lol:
  • Reserved Prime seating that's a double whammy -
    • Could either end up in the cheap seats in front of the tapes - Not sure Trev would like us being that close to him!! :rofl:
    • or the really good seats in block D would start to get the Rif Raf in! :nono:
  • A really good incentive would be - ability to park inside the Showground - resulting in me not having to carry "she who dictates" - artic protection gear so far. :t:

I keep hoping the days of programs are numbered - would much prefer something to download to a tablet, smart phone etc. Even better do away with the Tannoy system and transmit each heat result via Bluetooth or wireless. No need for a fancy (or in Coventry's case, a rubbish electronic scoreboard). Yes we do have smartphones and Tablets, yes I do have pre configured spreadsheets on them for each match. We occasionally read the programmes but never fill them in (unless someone who shall be nameless forgets to charge her Tablet).

Tel

Judging by the response I get on here Tel, it'd be pity the poor sod who gets sat near me :D

We've done the parking thing. Trouble is too many idiots and too much else going on inside the EoES too often these days?

No tannoy would certainly stop the invisible interviews and often awful music, but last time someone down our way in PE1 mentioned wireless & Bluetooth etc they called for the Witchsmeller Pursuivant. Unfortunately they floated so we had to find some kindling and a post.

I'd stop calling it a season ticket (same arguments every bloody season) and call it the Peterborough Speedway Fans Sponsorship pass. By buying one you show support to the club by helping to provide funds for the upcoming season and the pass then allows entry to 18 meetings with programme and free parking, plus some other concessions I need to work on and name in programme and Sponsorship pass holders link in the sponsors area of the website.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

On the question of Season Tickets not so much a question of don't buy one if perceived as poor value, but the competence of those who set the prices seemingly without doing the sums.

Did those who set the prices last year do the sums do you think?

Did those who set the prices last year do the sums do you think?

They made it worthwhile to buy one, Very questionable this year when there seems little or no advantage.

As I am sure you well know the problem last year was not the cost of season tickets but rather the lack of people buying them and or indeed paying for any other type of admission.

Edited by wealdstone

As I am sure you well know the problem last year was not the cost of season tickets but rather the lack of people buying them and or indeed paying for any other type of admission.

Not entirely true as season ticket sales were up on previous years.

http://m.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/speedway/speedway-news/panthers-bosses-can-t-thank-the-fans-enough-1-5918957

Problem is they were too cheap and part of the reason we hit financial problems before the season was out.

• Like 1

So Fisher another rider, who wouldn't of minded in our team, gone, riding for Plymouth this season, shame, would of been great 1+5 him and Ully.

We had credit card style tickets for years which didn't require one so it was unusual at Peterborough until 2014. If the tickets are numbered and ticked off against the programme list, as they were last season, then that's a security check isn't it?

Lynn have had the credit card type season tickets for years and they always required a photo as far as I'm aware. But then again, not all clubs operate such things in the same way. I suppose that could be considered a security check of sorts, yes! I didn't know that was what happened, but then again, why would I? As I've never been a season ticket holder for Peterborough :P

What I mean is that having to pay for a photo in addition to the actual ticket erodes the small financial advantage in buying one.

On a wider note I really do not see why season tickets should be solely for one persons use anyway. Not unusual in Football at least for people to have a share in a season ticket. A friend of mine has 6 Arsenal Season Tickets mainly for family but also to entertain business contacts. No problems from the club.

Yes, that is a fair point with regards to the photo cost. I mean, the season tickets last year were a steal I thought, but I knew I couldn't make all of the home meetings, so decided to not bother with one. I like the fact that the parking and programme were included and that that's continuing for this year. I'm not sure how much will be saved this year by buying a season ticket as the on the day prices haven't been announced yet...or have they? Lynn don't really give much incentive for me to want to buy one of theirs. Normally you have one free meeting and that's it. It normally only covers the regular league meetings and doesn't stretch to include the play offs. And it doesn't include a programme. So, what's the incentive? Zero to me!

so the rumours of Lewis Kerr wasn't true, signed for Newcastle, lets hope for Robert Lambert now!

so the rumours of Lewis Kerr wasn't true, signed for Newcastle, lets hope for Robert Lambert now!

I can see him going up newcastle as well now!
  • Like 1

Very disappointing that there's no Fish and to a lesser extent no Kerr.

Personally not that keen on seeing Lambert.

• Like 1

Not entirely true as season ticket sales were up on previous years.

http://m.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/speedway/speedway-news/panthers-bosses-can-t-thank-the-fans-enough-1-5918957

Problem is they were too cheap and part of the reason we hit financial problems before the season was out.

Standard text for stories relating to season tickets is up on previous years. However, they were a silly price, without figures from 2014 and previous years it means nothing, they pluck figures of of the air with these stories and paper never refuses ink.

About 150 season tickets didn't cause the problems, it was a rubbish package on a silly race night. The winter shenanigans lost fans from the start, those were not replaced and there was never going to be an increase with the supremo at the helm.

Anyway, that's history and people just need to get on with it. I'm no fan of where we are, but as someone posted elsewhere, you can't get to where you want to be if you don't exist!

• Like 2

Personally not that keen on seeing Lambert.

Each to their own of course but may I ask why?

Are the panthers going to struggle to put a competitive team together? Would be a shame after what's already gone on.

Are the panthers going to struggle to put a competitive team together? Would be a shame after what's already gone on.

I think if we are unlucky with the remaining signings, we will still be as competitive as the proposed Ipswich team - will depend on your next signing . :D

If its who I hope it will be will have to change the smiley to :rofl:

Tel