British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Eastbourne 2015

10 days for a bone to go tacky Martin rode 5 more heats in the qualifiers for the common wealth final you can't expect them to sit at home and twiddle their thumbs waiting for the season to start can you?

He looks good soloenzed

People?

People who sit at home are safe people they hide behind keyboards and type away and are really wannabe speedway riders / refs / team managers/, people who enjoy themselves are people who have a great life but don’t really achieve as much as others, people who are business people tell others to do the dangerous things and People who have fun and ride motorcycles are entertainers at all levels. :D

1 month to the start of the season? but they have already had a meeting the BEN FUND so the season has started, Years ago Dean Barker got hurt on press day, Adam Roynon also got badly hurt at Kings Lynn when having a practice for Team GB, So why sit at home? they may as well go and enjoy a good day out, Luckily nobody was hurt but they could have been but that’s life.

Maybe we should all have a go, with a ride and slide or get a few pit bikes and join in, my son has a money bike which I have a go at racing anyone, bring it on. My friend might be able to arrange something if we all club together I love to have a go, and to be beaten by a lady. :t:

People?

People who sit at home are safe people they hide behind keyboards and type away and are really wannabe speedway riders / refs / team managers/, people who enjoy themselves are people who have a great life but don’t really achieve as much as others, people who are business people tell others to do the dangerous things and People who have fun and ride motorcycles are entertainers at all levels. :D

1 month to the start of the season? but they have already had a meeting the BEN FUND so the season has started, Years ago Dean Barker got hurt on press day, Adam Roynon also got badly hurt at Kings Lynn when having a practice for Team GB, So why sit at home? they may as well go and enjoy a good day out, Luckily nobody was hurt but they could have been but that’s life.

Maybe we should all have a go, with a ride and slide or get a few pit bikes and join in, my son has a money bike which I have a go at racing anyone, bring it on. My friend might be able to arrange something if we all club together I love to have a go, and to be beaten by a lady. :t:

Couldn't agree more !!

Beaten by a lady hmmmmm think you're on the wrong site for that ........... :o

Hi all just to put some light on things i have read on the speedwaygb.co web site about the new look Eastbourne Press day.

Found out a bit more as a mate of mine has a business in Hastings, She had an invite yesterday as follows:

Creative Pod and the Eastbourne Eagles would be delighted to invite you to join us on the 20th March at Eastbourne Speedway for the unveiling of their new headline sponsor, owner and 2015 team.

This is a fantastic opportunity to meet leading local business professionals and the 2015 Eastbourne Eagles riders over a networking lunch and presentation.

Agenda:

11.30 Arrival and opportunity to see the bikes up close

12.00 Presentation announcing headline sponsor, owner and team

12.30 Lunch served whilst new riders showcase their skills around the track

13.00 press call with chance to have a go on a bike

If you would like to attend the event or need any more information, please let me know.

Thanks

Creativepod.

I have then been told as she phoned someone to ask to what was going on and they gave her a run down of what’s going on,

Youth Riders 125cc, 150cc, 250cc, 500cc, Main Team Riders and Vintage riders, Also pitbikes are going to have a race around as well.

She was also been told that 16,000 people have been invited from the sponsors data base.

So with a guess the “Big Sponsor” that going to be named on this day. It looks like its a genuine Big Sponsor and is pushing things to change at Eastbourne.

Local business, Local Press people have been invited and the Local Tv are going to be there along with some very famous local people? Also all the fans are welcome to come along and enjoy the party. A press day with a difference.

I have made up my mind and I am going to do is go down and have a look and see for myself, does anyone else want to come and join me. I can see what is going on as the excitment of a new era and a new press day it seems to me as if this club has changed and it has put it out to all the other speedway clubs to open the doors and be a bit different,

Mr Ceglio will you meet up face to face and share a cup of tea and see how things have changed. I feel that this will be one of the biggest launches ever of Eastbourne speedway and possibly one of the biggest step forward for speedway and networking.

Edited by catinthehat

16,000? The stadium won't hold that many! Better go start queuing now

• Like 1

yep but how many of them will turn up lets say 10% still 1600 people i am an extra person as i would never have gone before but i am really going to have a look at this press day.

Oh yeah also i had an email form my mate and she said in the Eastbourne Tourist leaflet its got a speedway Ad on page 15, So it does look as if they are pushing speedway at Eastbourne.

what happens if it all goes to plan and they pick up more sponsors and you have to agree that networks as we are part of it on here really works, Most tracks could always do with more sponsors to help and looking at the way Eastbounrne are going to do things now is a bit like Kings Lynn did it in 2000 onwards, Being realistic Bob Dugard never ran the stadium just ran a team of his friends and did it the old style and old way, Len silver is doing that at Kent and its gone a bit down hill, You have to move with the times, Fair play to Connor and Martin, I wonder if the new sponsor is going to be something special, not another car company or tyre company, Maybe its someone like Bp or possible a Music Band?

yep but how many of them will turn up lets say 10% still 1600 people i am an extra person as i would never have gone before but i am really going to have a look at this press day.

Oh yeah also i had an email form my mate and she said in the Eastbourne Tourist leaflet its got a speedway Ad on page 15, So it does look as if they are pushing speedway at Eastbourne.

what happens if it all goes to plan and they pick up more sponsors and you have to agree that networks as we are part of it on here really works, Most tracks could always do with more sponsors to help and looking at the way Eastbounrne are going to do things now is a bit like Kings Lynn did it in 2000 onwards, Being realistic Bob Dugard never ran the stadium just ran a team of his friends and did it the old style and old way, Len silver is doing that at Kent and its gone a bit down hill, You have to move with the times, Fair play to Connor and Martin, I wonder if the new sponsor is going to be something special, not another car company or tyre company, Maybe its someone like Bp or possible a Music Band?

I think that Connor and Martin are doing great things.

I have an invite to the company networking part and looking forwards to it. Would be interested to know what company your friend comes from as we are also Hastings based, Triangle Fire Systems. PM me if you like and I will say hi to her.

16,000? more like 1600 I would have thought with maybe 160 turning up. No way could they cater sandwiches etc for 1600.

Really looking forwards to the season now.

Edited by stevec
  • Like 1

Fair play to the eagles for trying something different. That's what speedway needs in this country, some fresh ideas.

Hi Steve cant tell you who she works for as she is more interested in Kent and i am now more interested in Eastbourne, I have a feeling that 16,000 people is what the data base is as its a big data base and spread all over the south coast, i have done a bit of digging of creativepod and they are big players in media and work for big companies, If your company has an invite and my friends has an invite means something is going on, I cant wait till press day.

from what i have heard it is open to fans but fans are not allowed into the guest and coorparte business part in the bar upstairs however they are allowed to be admitted up their if they purchase a wriost band for £5 to meet the new sponsors, wine and dine with some big companies in sussex and watch the action (this is only what i have overheard at practice on sunday though)

from what i have heard it is open to fans but fans are not allowed into the guest and coorparte business part in the bar upstairs however they are allowed to be admitted up their if they purchase a wriost band for £5 to meet the new sponsors, wine and dine with some big companies in sussex and watch the action (this is only what i have overheard at practice on sunday though)

Fans are allowed in from 1pm. I have put a link to the news item on the official site below, hope it works. If not you can cut & paste it into your browser.

http://eastbourneeagles.co/news.php?extend.697.1