British Speedway Forum
Steve0

Posf2 - Swindon V Coventry 6 October

So Max Fricke steps in for Barker.

Think this will be close with Swindon just pulling the 8 points back.

Weather forecast doesn't look good so could be a wet track which might suit us!

How can Coventry have a guest for Barker?

Havelock made it clear on Monday that Barker was fit but he wasn't sure about using him in the second leg.

That's fine if he doesn't want to use Barker, but there is no way they should be allowed a guest. Swindon should protest about this.

Havelock made it clear on Monday that Barker was fit but he wasn't sure about using him in the second leg.

That's fine if he doesn't want to use Barker, but there is no way they should be allowed a guest. Swindon should protest about this.

Barker would ride if he was race fit, how is using Fricke a bonus, Barker is a better rider than Fricke.

• Like 1

Barker would ride if he was race fit, how is using Fricke a bonus, Barker is a better rider than Fricke.

I don't think that's the point. It's more of this guest nonsense, and if Barker is able to ride then he should. Because he is in the Coventry team.

• Like 1

I don't think that's the point. It's more of this guest nonsense, and if Barker is able to ride then he should. Because he is in the Coventry team.

I would have thought they would be better off with r/r they way Garrity performed monday. Last time i saw Fricke ride aginst Poole at Coventry he was pretty poor so i wouldn't worry too much. On the plus side the weather forecast seems to be better so hopefully it is a dry night.

Possibly but he has often been poor at Swindon

• Like 2

On the plus side the weather forecast seems to be better so hopefully it is a dry night.

Yeah. I noticed that. It was initially showing rain all day but it's showing a dryer evening now. Fingers crossed on that one, I guess.

Yeah. I noticed that. It was initially showing rain all day but it's showing a dryer evening now. Fingers crossed on that one, I guess.

You don't need a wet track, that would play into Coventry's hands and we don't want that do we!! I've been to Coventry once this season, that's enough for anyone!

• Like 2

When it comes to Playoffs, I really don't agree with the use of tacticals, this is when they should be banned for all four teams imo. Hope they are not used next monday by any team including Swindon.

I'm sure every Bees fan will be perfectly happy if Swindon get to use not only 1 but indeed 2 tacticals on the night. ;):lol:

• Like 1

Barker still has restricted movement so god knows how he is expected to ride a bike. He hasnt and isn't riding for Plymouth either.

Barker still has restricted movement so god knows how he is expected to ride a bike. He hasnt and isn't riding for Plymouth either.

Probably because Plymouth have completed all their fixtures?

Oh dear are we getting worried now the track is going to be wet and showers during the meeting.

Replacing an Elite League heat leader with a Premier League Rider.

Never mind The Great One can try and have it called off after 9 heats.

• Like 1

In which case fair enough. I was just going on what Gay Havelock said on the television.

Oh dear are we getting worried now the track is going to be wet and showers during the meeting.

Replacing an Elite League heat leader with a Premier League Rider.

Never mind The Great One can try and have it called off after 9 heats.

You know what. Maybe some people are just fed up with guests being used all the time regardless of whether they makes teams weaker or stronger, and are worried about the effect it is having on the sport. Whatever happened to using a number 8.

By the great one I assume you mean Swindon's legendary team manager Alun "Mighty" Rosco-tor. In which case your comments on trying to get meetings rained-off are as misguided as many others who come up with similar, ahem, "banter" without noticing that he maintained a consistent viewpoint in each of those rain affected meetings.

Edited by grachan
  • Like 1

There's no way of proving whether or not he's fit unless he rides, which clearly isn't going to happen. Havelock was silly to say what he said though.

By the great one I assume you mean Swindon's legendary team manager Alun "Mighty" Rosco-tor. In which case your comments on trying to get meetings rained-off are as misguided as many others who come up with similar, ahem, "banter" without noticing that he maintained a consistent viewpoint in each of those rain affected meetings.

No he didn't. He wanted it called off after heat 9 then moaned like hell when it was called off after heat 10.

Edited by Silver Cheetah Snr