British Speedway Forum

I'm loving the way people are slagging off Ritchie. If Phil had did the first interview and Ritchie had been able to comment on that, then maybe views would be different

They did there interviews via phone.....Phil was just commenting on comments Ritchie had made after he was told them by Foz...Not sure what else he could do

Tunners for me :rofl:

Obviously that would be a given, I was just being flippant! Having said that, who knows? Who would have thought the track photographer would be the team manager this time last year? 😱 Edited by Roland

I'm loving the way people are slagging off Ritchie. If Phil had did the first interview and Ritchie had been able to comment on that, then maybe views would be different!?

I think you're clearly biased towards Hawkins here, that's a bit obvious! Hawkins is out of order here and should have kept his trap shut in the first pace.

He's either just being really spiteful, or very clever with that interview. Hilton is now under a lot of pressure because the next time we struggle to beat an inferior looking team at home (or lose), then the finger will be pointed at the team manager.

Hawkins has basically just told every single Witches supporter that we'll win nothing this season, and it's all because of that Phil Hilton fella.

Unbelievably unfair and out of order IMO.

As someone else pointed out, radio Suffolk clearly confronted Hilton with Hawkins' interview and asked him to respond.

What was he supposed to do? Say yes it's all my fault and Ritchie is spot on?

He was asked to respond and he did that, and I personally thought he done it very well in an eloquent manner.

• Like 2

I would imagine it will be given to Danny. But maybe giving it to rohan maybe just what he needs. Some people thrive on the extra pressure. Although I doubt there is much pressure of saying heads or tails.

• Like 2

And? Oh yeah sorry I forgot. I'm not allowed an opinion am I. I've as much right to air my opinions the same as you and I shall tell you once more, if you don't like it, don't read it or block it. It's as simple as that

I can understand why you rub some people up the wrong way. Yes you're entitled to your opinion, but you come across as a grumpy sod who always looks for the worst in people and are very much a glass half empty kind of chap who can't wait to criticise.

Slating the team manager, a novice who had only just completed his first meeting in charge, is a bit absurd.

• Like 1

Oh there is no doubt I'm a glass half empty grumpy sod. Some people are the other way, but I don't pull up on what they say. I just give my opinion and let others have theirs. I try not to belittle other people's opinions but some on here can't help themselves thinking their opinion is better than yours. Over the last few matches I have agreed with others on that night that the manager has done the best with what he had. We all have bad days and sometimes say things in the heat of the moment. I'm sure I'm allowed to do that to? Oh and ask anyone that knows me. I'm a lovely chap really, I'm just not up my own backside like some.

• Like 3

You can't just leave it there! What was said?

Thank you. :)

So Ritchie said nothing we didn't already know and Phil trying to make Ritchie the bad guy! Hmm.

Why did he refuse to race? Was he not given the opportunity on the radio to explain this? Something doesn't seem right here, this isn't the Ritchie who was awarded the most improved rider at last years awards.

I'm loving the way people are slagging off Ritchie. If Phil had did the first interview and Ritchie had been able to comment on that, then maybe views would be different!?

At least some of the comments on here have some credibility as they're based on actually listening to the interview.

You've admitted you haven't!

Blatantly obvious who your favourite is! How about wait until you've actually listened to the thing before taking sides?

Change your name to " Grumpy Sod the Glass Half Empty Chap " Baldy , that should please a few on here .

Change your name to " Grumpy Sod the Glass Half Empty Chap " Baldy , that should please a few on here .

Now that is a great idea, but I don't think some would like it.

Amazing after just one interview Hawkins is a villain & Hilton a saint! I didn't hear it so I can't comment but I have always thought Hawkins was a good team guy & a trier on the track unlike some others. He hasn't done it this season so not a major surprise I guess but I was hoping he'd turn things around. Good luck to him for the future & good luck to Ashley Morris who could be a good signing.

With no meeting to discuss for another 9 days this thread could descend into chaos!

It will be just like being in the pits mid meeting! wink

Who is right who is wrong will we know probably not but it's the same in any job. If your deemed to not be doing your job/work to the standard which your management wants of course there are going to be repercussions it's the same in any line of work . If I spent the next so many weeks not reaching a standard which my manager wanted they there would be a case that my manager would dispense with my services. It happens all the time in any line of work , yes the person may feel a little a grieved by their mangers actions and say a few words but it's there managers choice . Changes are made new staff hired and work continues but if it continues to happen and results are still bad then it will be the turn of the management to maybe come under action against them . Hawkins has gone his results for this season were poor by his standard and the management has acted for the so called good of the team time to stop all this who is right and who is wrong and back the team . Welcome Ashley Morris good luck for the rest of the season. Only time will tell if the management has made the correct choice

With no meeting to discuss for another 9 days this thread could descend into chaos!

It will be just like being in the pits mid meeting! wink

I agree, all we need now is for snacky to log on and join in the fun! :lol: