British Speedway Forum
Stats

Australian Gp Is Back

Not evil, just not the Mr Nice Guy the speedway community seem to think he is.

Only to a few deluded souls.

Only to a few deluded souls.

He's just a bloke doing his job very well, there's nothing sinister about him as some seem to be suggesting. Yes he is overly aware of his commitment to his sponsors, he's also typically Californian and plays the nice guy to a tee. No need for some of the negativity towards him shown here, he deserves all the plaudits for racing competitively at such an age, you don't have to like him to admire his achievements.

• Like 1

NOT talking about abandoned matches but poorly prepared test pitches which produce a borefest

Questionable whether they're actually poorly prepared or designed to produce a particular result or favour particular bowlers. Even on road though, you can watch batsmen actually bat.

Who was it that built the track? We know Etihad did all the promotion/paying etc, FIM controlled the meeting and the riders rode well. Still bot sure what BSI do though

Who was it that built the track? We know Etihad did all the promotion/paying etc, FIM controlled the meeting and the riders rode well. Still not sure what BSI do though

Who was it that built the track? We know Etihad did all the promotion/paying etc, FIM controlled the meeting and the riders rode well. Still not sure what BSI do though

Unless you've seen and can quote the actual promotional agreement between Etihad and BSI, ** give times over.

EDIT: my use of the word idiot was falsely moderated. Vittu.

Edited by f-s-p

I am an Aussie, on tour with the travel plus group taking in both the gp and the u/21 next week. Some of us are a bit bemused by some refereeing decisions last night. Can anyone who watched the tv coverage tell us who was on the button, thanks.

I am an Aussie, on tour with the travel plus group taking in both the gp and the u/21 next week. Some of us are a bit bemused by some refereeing decisions last night. Can anyone who watched the tv coverage tell us who was on the button, thanks.

Danish ref Jesper Steentoft

Danish ref Jesper Steentoft

Thank you, I have not heard his name mentioned before.

Unless you've seen and can quote the actual promotional agreement between Etihad and BSI, ** give times over.

EDIT: my use of the word idiot was falsely moderated. Vittu.

I dont need to see it Phil himself said the Etihad were responsible for promoting, it was just after people were critising there efforts and Phil pointed out that as usual it wasnt a BSI problem

When Crump, Nicki and Rickardson won their titles it was generally with a round to go and by a long way. Holders went to the death, Woffys first although going to the last GP was a formality and only took that long as he crashed in the GP before.

Other than Holders title most have them have been wrapped up with round(s) to spare.

Edit - how could I forget Loram. That also took until the final semi-final too.

Bydgoszcz 2000 was the most nerve-wracking 3 hours of my life. Obviously glad Tai won, but he seems to do it so easily. It's just not the British way!

Would love it to go down to the wire next year but there just doesn't seem to be anyone who can seriously test him at the moment.

I dont need to see it Phil himself said the Etihad were responsible for promoting, it was just after people were critising there efforts and Phil pointed out that as usual it wasnt a BSI problem

Fair enough.

Been sitting on the receiving end of the stick (for the day for EVERYTHING), so feeling a tad touchy... Still, my original question regarding the actual agreement is valid. Humpty Applepie should also awake to fact that what he thinks is rubbish, is basically agreed on paper a few years prior.

Got that off my chest... Cheers!

Edited by f-s-p