British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
orion

Who Will Pick Who ?

I know we got another topic on it but the with fast track draft coming up on Wednesday who do think the teams will pick ?

I reckon Swindon will have last pick of grade 1 and second pick of grade 2 giving us Wright and Rose .What do others think ?

I would LIKE Lynn to protect Rose meaning we would probably end up with Birks partnering him. But I RECKON we will protect Kerr and end up with somebody like Jacobs, Clegg or Lambert which IMO would be weaker.

Looking at the bigger picture it may not be a bad thing for a few FTR's to head to pastures new for 2015 and experience a new environment and home track.

Edited by Gordon Bennett

It depends how it's done. To the letter, or will all clubs sit down before hand and thrash out who they want? Lynn will want Kerr and Rose, Coventry will want Garrity and Sarj. BV will probably want Worrall and Nielsen. Leicester will want Birks and Bates but that could mean 3 Sheffield riders). Wolves will want one of Morris or Jacobs and getting an early pick will surely go for Auty? Poole will probably be happy to take anyone as it'll improve on last year! Lakeside will have Ellis and possibly get Blackbird unless Wolves have taken Blackbird meaning Lakeside get Auty. Swindon will get Wright and Starke.

Depends how nice promoter feel like being and leaving riders for parents clubs and clubs with links vs wanting to get one over on them.

FIRST PICKS (*protected)

BELLE VUE = Steve Worrall*

COVENTRY = Jason Garrity*

KINGS LYNN = Lewis Kerr*

LAKESIDE = Charles Wright

LEICESTER = Josh Auty

POOLE = Kyle Newman*

SWINDON = Adam Roynon

WOLVES = Lewis Blackbird

SECOND PICK

SWINDON = Lewis Rose

LAKESIDE = Adam Ellis

BELLE VUE = James Sarjeant

WOLVES = Paul Starke

COVENTRY = Joe Jacobs

KINGS LYNN = Simon Lambert

POOLE = Nathan Greaves

LEICESTER = Max Clegg

It depends how it's done. To the letter, or will all clubs sit down before hand and thrash out who they want? Lynn will want Kerr and Rose, Coventry will want Garrity and Sarj. BV will probably want Worrall and Nielsen. Leicester will want Birks and Bates but that could mean 3 Sheffield riders). Wolves will want one of Morris or Jacobs and getting an early pick will surely go for Auty? Poole will probably be happy to take anyone as it'll improve on last year! Lakeside will have Ellis and possibly get Blackbird unless Wolves have taken Blackbird meaning Lakeside get Auty. Swindon will get Wright and Starke.

Depends how nice promoter feel like being and leaving riders for parents clubs and clubs with links vs wanting to get one over on them.

Can't see it as it only takes one to break the chain to stop any of the above . Can't see Swindon having Starke just so others can have what they want . but there again this is speedway

Lakeside will have Ellis and possibly get Blackbird unless Wolves have taken Blackbird meaning Lakeside get Auty. Swindon will get Wright and Starke.

Auty at Lakeside, that's a laugh. Unless some team turns up with Benji Compton on board Auty wouldn't be troubling the scorers much.

Can't see it as it only takes one to break the chain to stop any of the above . Can't see Swindon having Starke just so others can have what they want . but there again this is speedway

Starke is the highest average rider of all the second list riders, probably going to be a more in demand rider i would have thought.

Auty at Lakeside, that's a laugh. Unless some team turns up with Benji Compton on board Auty wouldn't be troubling the scorers much.

Need to hope Wolves pick him and you get blackbird then :D Or have Roynon, as I doubt you'll want Boxall!

I think Blackbird and Clegg/Bates for Leicester......

Why would Leicester pick a rider they fell out with 18 months ago? He was in the Leicester team and quit to sign for Scunthorpe.

I think Blackbird and Clegg/Bates for Leicester......

Flagrag has already said Blackbird wont be at Leicester,as he hates the place.

Starke is the highest average rider of all the second list riders, probably going to be a more in demand rider i would have thought.

Need to hope Wolves pick him and you get blackbird then :D Or have Roynon, as I doubt you'll want Boxall!

Cant remember Auty riding at Monmore last season,but prior to that couldnt stay on his bike.

Nothing is certain,but Blackbird is as near as you can get to it.

Wolves get second pick so unless Leicester have made up with Lewis, Wolves should get him and then hopefully Paul Starke in the second pick.

Starke has a great NL average, but only 4.34 in the PL while Lewis has a lower PL average than Newman, Auty, Garrity, Kerr, Worrall and Wright so hopefully he won't be ranked too high and we can then get both.

Wolves get second pick so unless Leicester have made up with Lewis, Wolves should get him and then hopefully Paul Starke in the second pick.

Starke has a great NL average, but only 4.34 in the PL while Lewis has a lower PL average than Newman, Auty, Garrity, Kerr, Worrall and Wright so hopefully he won't be ranked too high and we can then get both.

Blackbird was ranked number 1 in the last FTD list of the season. He will be in the top 3.

Lets just wait and see whose on the final list - as per the BSPA tweet earlier today.

British Speedway @SpeedwayGB · 3 hrs 3 hours ago

A finalised list will be published prior to the draft once all riders have confirmed their availability for the 2015 system.

Edited by Skidder1

Wouldnt surprise me if Lewis was in the top three but quite frankly the top seven are not too far from each other really and if he is top 3 it may be best to protect Joe Jacobs.