British Speedway Forum
sommelier

Lewis Bridger

No hes not he is at best a elite second string. To say hes up with Tai, Emil, Holder, Greg is laughable

Second string ? what was his EL average last year!!!!

Difficult to deliver on potential if you have no bikes, as it appears, until that is sorted out there`s every chance that Bridger will stay retired.

I meant from the beginning...................

RP

The problem with Lewis Bridger is he had all the potential but never delivered.............

RP

The problem currently with Lewis Bridger is Lewis Bridger himself...

Mind you, any dealings with MH is surely likely to make anyone at least consider retirement... (see other threads)..

I really hope Lewis gets his head together speedway wise as I believe he has the potential to still go a long way in the sport if he is applies himself and is a tad more professional in his approach..

I look forward to seeing him prove people wrong, whether that happens is unfortunately unlikely at this time..

I've a solution to the Bridger bike situation.

Hanging on the wall in the speedway museum is a bike of Lewis Bridger's. An old upright which he rode once in the Newport New Year Classic. It was a bike which struggled to complete 4 laps!

In my opinion, it has no place at all being in the speedway museum, so surely the best solution is for Bridger to ask for it back so he has a bike to use!

Problem solved.

Second string ? what was his EL average last year!!!!

His CMA was 6.72, which would put him as second or third heatleader in every EL club except Poole, and even then he was only .03 short of Pawlickis average. He had been out in heat 15, and won some of them.

2nd/3rd heatleader is probably a pretty fair assessment of him at this stage of his career. To say he is no better than an EL second string is a stupid comment that flies in the face of the facts.

Absolutely spot on with what you say about Lewis, I have friends who have spent time with Lewis and got to know the lad and they say he is a nice lad.

He is alright, and usually makes time for the fans. As others have said he also seems to have a self destruct button and at times something flips inside his head and messes up. I can't see him changing now but I hope I am wrong
  • Like 2

Simples, get a job, buy some bikes and go Racing.

The Eastbourne spoilt future world champion curse strikes again.

Simples, get a job, buy some bikes and go Racing.

The Eastbourne spoilt future world champion curse strikes again.

Sorry to be slow, but would mind clarifying this one? I understand the antipathy towards Lewis Bridger but who else are you referring to?

So, could we be seeing Bridger back racing ?

Andrew Silver springs to mind? Not sure who else though.

By the time silver rode for Eastbourne I don't think he was still viewed as a future world champ?

Not 100% certain on this one but there are a few on the Leicester thread who are saying that he has been practicing around BP and that he is signing for the Lions, only time will tell if it is true or not.

Lewis has had a practice at Leicester this season on borrowed equipment to see how he felt and whether he wanted to ride again.

At the minute that is all there is maybe he will return soon maybe he won't.

Perhaps had these people behaved themselves in a proper manner folk wouldn't be so keen to criticise. All of the three you mention can hardly be held up as a credit to Speedway - can they?

Just an observation.

Was Lee not a credit in 1980 ? and most of his career and to the sport and lets get thing's right Lee owes the sport zilch in my book.Bridger has a made a few mistakes a terrific talent, and Ward we all know how good he could become?My point is WK and i am a staunch supporter of yours, Briggs,Mauger,Olsen are examples they are heroes of most mine certainly yet all of them at one time or another have fell out with the powers to be right or wrong.?