British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Eastbourne V Kent 3/4/15

We can see speedway season has started because it's raining!

Martin is speaking to the man in charge of the weather - who is now quaking in his boots. Man in charge has promised to change the weather asap.

Seems a bit backwards to me that when 2 clubs agree he can ride for kent that the authoritys then say he must ride for Redcar. Also find it frustrating that as we have one of the highest averages number 1's we can pick more or less any national league rider as a guest but instead we have to use RR.

Under be rules do we HAVE to name a number 8?

No you don't have to name a number 8. But even if you did, you don't have to give him any rides.

You don't have to use R/R for Ben either. The management have chosen R/R instead of a guest as they put in the press release there's no suitable guests available. I wonder what the likes of Crang (now he isn't Redcar's guest), Hopwood, Stokes or Chessell are doing as they are riders that have travelled in the past or if they've even been contacted.

10-00am here in Bournemouth it was very light Drizzle here from 7-00pm ish yesterday, this morning its steady rain, now (Poole Off) i dont know how much of this you are going to get over in Eastbourne (coming your way) but it has to make the meeting doubteful, as for Kent going with RR this definately makes them weaker, and can see a big home win on the cards.

Edited by greyhoundp

Martin is speaking to the man in charge of the weather - who is now quaking in his boots. Man in charge has promised to change the weather asap.

Haha. Hope he does!

Well im off to Lakeside instead now, watching Mr Boxall sounds a lot more appealing than watching us get a stuffing at Eastbourne.

I am going to be so gutted if the rain stops this tonight. After all the off season excitement it will be a real blow for this to be off.

Martin seems quite confident and believes the track had been prepared to take some rain but its fingers crossed I guess

The BBC Hourly forecast showed light showers up to 13.00hrs then clear for the rest of the day.

All we have had since dawn is a brief shower at 10.00. Currently it is quite bright and I notice they have changed the forecast to make it clear from 12.00 now so I think we can be pretty confident. The temperature is said to be constant at 9c all day and evening so it should not be cold.

The BBC Hourly forecast showed light showers up to 13.00hrs then clear for the rest of the day.

All we have had since dawn is a brief shower at 10.00. Currently it is quite bright and I notice they have changed the forecast to make it clear from 12.00 now so I think we can be pretty confident. The temperature is said to be constant at 9c all day and evening so it should not be cold.

I think that we will be ok! As long as they have enough time to put dry material on!

Thanks for the update, makes me feel a bit better. Here in Hastings, its not exactly raining but a constant drizzle and its just dam right wet!!!

Edited by stevec

Thanks for the update, makes me feel a bit better. Here in Hastings, its not exactly running but a constant drizzle and its just dam right wet!!!

Bob is on track now sorting it out!

Just to let you know, here in Bournemouth the rain stopped about 30 minutes ago, now its brightening up considerably, so Im going to say the meeting will be ON, good luck and hope you have a big crowd, you deserve it for the efforts you have put in. Im expecting The Eagles to hand out a real "Ommering" to the "Kings" and a special good luck to Dan Greenwood..

Edited by greyhoundp
  • Like 1

Just to let you know, here in Bournemouth the rain stopped about 30 minutes ago, now its brightening up considerably, so Im going to say the meeting will be ON, good luck and hope you have a big crowd, you deserve it for the efforts you have put in.

Shame for Poole though

With Redcar off will Ben Morley be re routed to Eastbourne tonight,, he could be somewhere on the A1 at present??