British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough V Ipswich Plc Easter Monday 7.30pm

Updates are fantastic. I dont do twitter.

Last night was my first away meeting since the Witches went PL due to a combination of cost and time.

It was also my 11 year old sons first ever away meeting.

We hope to do a few more now but will still be reliant on updates for the rest. Can honestly say though that updates has never been the reason I havent gone.

Updates are fantastic. I dont do twitter.

Last night was my first away meeting since the Witches went PL due to a combination of cost and time.

It was also my 11 year old sons first ever away meeting.

We hope to do a few more now but will still be reliant on updates for the rest. Can honestly say though that updates has never been the reason I havent gone.

Updates - because they give a complete view.

That said, I do convert some tweets to e-mails using IFTTT - I now need to do some work to cut out Football tweets from Pearson and Mark Plummer and Ice Hockey tweets from Mark in the e-mail conversions. :D

The tweets whilst attending a match are useful if the Tannoy is rubbish or you miss an announcement.

I don't get on with Twitter interfaces on Blackberry's or Desktop PC's. (Dick Before you admonish me - The Blackberry is on the way out - But persuading Elaine the New Samsung S6 is essential is becoming problematic)!!

Terry

Updates - because they give a complete view.

That said, I do convert some tweets to e-mails using IFTTT - I now need to do some work to cut out Football tweets from Pearson and Mark Plummer and Ice Hockey tweets from Mark in the e-mail conversions. :D

The tweets whilst attending a match are useful if the Tannoy is rubbish or you miss an announcement.

I don't get on with Twitter interfaces on Blackberry's or Desktop PC's. (Dick Before you admonish me - The Blackberry is on the way out - But persuading Elaine the New Samsung S6 is essential is becoming problematic

Terry

No admonishment from me Tel I am using a 5s now

Edited by bigcatdiary

Said it before and I will say it again you get boring meetings at Peterborough a lot when they set the track up like that. One line by the fence and hope you hang on.

Having said that our boys were awful with the exception of King and Heeps.

I said this side to me was weaker on paper than last year and I stand by that.

Is King , Gino and Rohan as heat leaders stronger than Worrall , Risager and Rohan? I would say similar.

Are Cam and Ritchie H as second strings stronger than Cam and Gino? No

Are Nielsen and Nico as reserves better than Ellis and Ritchie H? No

We are destined to be around the top 6 again but nowhere near strong enough to win it.

We will win most at home but unlike some tracks we don't have huge advantage and some teams will win or draw at Foxhall and I cant see us getting a lot away

Edinburgh and Somerset don't look as strong as last year either. You can do a comparison with all teams from last years top 6 and the majority if not all of them won't look as strong.

Seems strange that both meetings the Panthers won on easter monday there has been a debate about the tracks being firstly dusty at Rye and then deep and heavy at the showground and yet the Panthers 1-7 adapted to both tracks and got on with the job in hand

• Like 5

Makes us a lot stronger, and first of many with Danny hopefully.

• Like 1

Seems strange that both meetings the Panthers won on easter monday there has been a debate about the tracks being firstly dusty at Rye and then deep and heavy at the showground and yet the Panthers 1-7 adapted to both tracks and got on with the job in hand

Thats a very good point. I wasn't at the Rye meeting, but it sounded like the complete opposite to the conditions at the Showground and like you say, the Panthers managed to adapt to completely different conditions brilliantly.

That bodes well and show the Panthers riders are flexible and can adapt to any kind of conditions.

Our riders on the other hand....

Thankfully for us the majority of tracks seem to be prepared more on the slick side than the heavy side!

• Like 1

i predict the sun will rise tomorrow and the the moon will come out, unless it rains. what about some lotto numbers or a good horse..

Said it wouldnt be long

But it's longer now 'cos he won't be riding on Sunday afterall.