British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough V Ipswich Plc Easter Monday 7.30pm

This match has been quickly re arranged for a 7.30pm start at the Showground following yesterday's postponement.

Team news to follow.

Should not be missing any riders but they will have king back so will be a belter

PETERBOROUGH and Ipswich have also moved quickly to re-arrange the League Cup match that was postponed on Good Friday.

It will now take place at the Showground on Easter Monday (April 6) with a 7.30pm start, giving the Panthers two meetings on the day as they also race at Rye House in the afternoon

http://www.peterboroughpanthers.co/news.php?extend.2422.2

PETERBOROUGH are set to face a hectic Easter Monday with a second Premier League Cup clash added to their schedule.

The Readypower Panthers travel to Southern Group pacesetters Rye House at 2pm and will now need to make a swift return to the East of England Showground for a 7.30pm showdown against Ipswich Witches.

Club bosses have acted quickly to re-arrange a fixture which was postponed on Good Friday due to heavy rain.

And club chief Ged Rathbone is hoping for a bumper turnout for the Bank Holiday battle.

He said: "We thank Ipswich for their co-operation in re-arranging our home meeting so quickly.

"I'm sure a derby meeting on Easter Monday will appeal to both sets of supporters and I'm confident it will be a good occasion.

"It certainly makes for a busy and exciting day as we also go to Rye House in the afternoon.

"They are two very important meetings and hopefully it will be the day in which we get our first wins of 2015 on the board."

Panthers will use Richard Lawson as a guest number one at Rye House with Lasse Bjerre taking over at Peterborough.

http://www.peterboroughpanthers.co/news.php?extend.2423.2

Edited by Noodles

There will be a few of us taking a trip up the A14 that's for sure , weather forecast is good and with Danny King available again for us it should make for a good meeting . Looking forward to it already .

• Like 1

Pleased with this and hoping to get along.

With both teams now able to track close to their first choice side or at least first choice of guest it should actually be more attractive than the original.

Makes you wonder why they couldn't have arranged this meeting for the Easter Monday in the first place with no EL fixtures taking place.

Much better looking line ups.

• Like 3

Richard Lawson is now replacing Olly Allen in both meetings now away at Ry and at home against Ipswich.

Massive fixture for Ipswich after Rye,s start and with both teams at full strength this should be a cracker, I do hope the Ipswich fans travel for this as the team certainly needs the support for this one.

There will be plenty of Ipswich fans there, we always have very good away support. Should be a good meeting. For Ipswich to get a some points here I think it all depends on how gino and rohan perform.

• Like 1

Makes you wonder why they couldn't have arranged this meeting for the Easter Monday in the first place with no EL fixtures taking place.

Much better looking line ups.

They couldn`t have done so because of the full Polish league programme on Easter Monday-which luckily was completely cancelled due to the weather late last week.

There will be plenty of Ipswich fans there, we always have very good away support. Should be a good meeting. For Ipswich to get a some points here I think it all depends on how gino and rohan perform.

Tungate normally goes well at the showground and is usually good for double figures.

Manzares though was poor in his 3 meetings there last year.

That's why I put those 2,, tungate normally does okay there, but in my mind didn't quite look his best on Friday.and gino doesn't exactly pull up any trees there, but may do slightly better due to his recent pairs event

I'd say Heeps and Gino are your 2 riders that you need firing, I'd have faith in King and Tungate.

Could come down to the reserves, which tbh looking at it, is a toss up, maybe slightly favoring Ippo with the potential Covatti has.